Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• El_Nino
    3899 posts National Call-Up
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »
    I think a rotten/awful streak isn’t likely, looks like we have fantastic morale/work ethic under frank so I see no reason why we’d go on a long run, equally we clearly don’t have the quality you or city do, so yeah If I were a pool fan then I’d definitely want a Chelsea win, might keep us within 6 of you, but I doubf it’d be an issue for you long run, as much as I Hope I’m wrong 😂

Substitute Ole for Frank and reread that as though it’s February.

Very different situations imo. No reason to fear that for me, but only time will tell
  • tilen11
    5531 posts Big Money Move
    Dutch FA have confirmed that Van Dijk has withdrawn from duty due to personal reasons, leaving Ronald Koeman’s squad immediately.
  • Kellnerr
    2830 posts Fans' Favourite
    tilen11 wrote: »
    Dutch FA have confirmed that Van Dijk has withdrawn from duty due to personal reasons, leaving Ronald Koeman’s squad immediately.

That't not good. Personal reasons can be really bad and in a worst case scenario the player could be off the club for a few weeks. Let's hope that's not the case.
  • TakeItSlow
    7896 posts League Winner
    I think a rotten/awful streak isn’t likely, looks like we have fantastic morale/work ethic under frank so I see no reason why we’d go on a long run, equally we clearly don’t have the quality you or city do, so yeah If I were a pool fan then I’d definitely want a Chelsea win, might keep us within 6 of you, but I doubf it’d be an issue for you long run, as much as I Hope I’m wrong 😂

You don’t think a bad run of form is likely? What world are you living in :lol:
  • El_Nino
    3899 posts National Call-Up
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

You don’t think a bad run of form is likely? What world are you living in :lol:

A bad run of form would be 10 points from 18, completely realistic, will happen at points in the season(subject to games), a rotten/awful run of form which is what I’d said I’d consider 2-5 points out of 18.

Different words have different meanings.
  • Tornado31619
    17822 posts World Class
  • Cyodine
    1732 posts Play-Off Hero

Clean tackle but why is Sterling trying to ride Van Dijk?
  • SDoofus
    6071 posts Big Money Move

Rio predicting that Gomez (and Tomori/Godfrey) will be ahead of Maguire (and several others) for the England set up, in a few years.
  • Apollo
    16220 posts World Class
    SDoofus wrote: »

Rio predicting that Gomez (and Tomori/Godfrey) will be ahead of Maguire (and several others) for the England set up, in a few years.

I agree that those three will be up there in a few years, but for now it's understandable that its Maguire and a partner, we need some experience in there.

I think you have to throw Tuanzebe into that list for those coming for the CB spots, he's an incredible talent. Already is very good and is going to be a top class centre back.
  • LFC Simon 98
    18165 posts World Class
    PLEASE SIGN HIM OR FABIAN RUIZ MR KLOPP K THANKS
  • SDoofus
    The top 10 dribblers since Opta records began:

Lionel Messi – 1,880 take-ons completed (57.2%)

Eden Hazard – 1,220 take-ons completed (57.1%)

Franck Ribery – 939 take-ons completed (47.9%)

Sergio Aguero – 832 take-ons completed (46.6%)

Cristiano Ronaldo – 816 take-ons completed (44%)

Joaquin – 798 take-ons completed (50.9%)

Hatem Ben Arfa – 770 take-ons completed (50.6%)

Andres Iniesta – 739 take-ons completed (60.9%)

Roberto Firmino – 736 take-ons completed (56.8%)

Neymar – 734 take-ons completed (50.2%)

Bobby :o
  • Snugglebites
    1220 posts Professional
    Roy to be a Liverpool hero by throwing the game on Saturday. His plan all a long.
  • LFC Simon 98
    18165 posts World Class
    If. And I’m saying if, we beat palace it will be nice and relaxing watching the City - Chelsea game this weekend. Imagine we win and that ends as a draw. We’d be what 10 clear of Chelsea and 11 of City? Of course Leicester could still be 8 behind but that would be some gap opening up.
  • Wyojasond
    12170 posts Has That Special Something
    Liverpool linked with Bundesliga players again 🤔🤦‍♂️

• Apollo
    16220 posts World Class
    Are you guys expecting Robertson to be fit for Palace? Asking for FPL ofc
  • Wyojasond
    12170 posts Has That Special Something
    Apollo wrote: »
    Are you guys expecting Robertson to be fit for Palace? Asking for FPL ofc

Honestly haven’t seen much. I would guess he’ll be good to go. Really don’t want to see Palace wingers running at Milner again 🤮😫
  • Cyodine
    1732 posts Play-Off Hero
    The top 10 dribblers since Opta records began:

Lionel Messi – 1,880 take-ons completed (57.2%)

Eden Hazard – 1,220 take-ons completed (57.1%)

Franck Ribery – 939 take-ons completed (47.9%)

Sergio Aguero – 832 take-ons completed (46.6%)

Cristiano Ronaldo – 816 take-ons completed (44%)

Joaquin – 798 take-ons completed (50.9%)

Hatem Ben Arfa – 770 take-ons completed (50.6%)

Andres Iniesta – 739 take-ons completed (60.9%)

Roberto Firmino – 736 take-ons completed (56.8%)

Neymar – 734 take-ons completed (50.2%)

Bobby :o

World class. Where is the Take-on king Pepe at on this list?
  • LFC Simon 98
    18165 posts World Class
    Gini scoring a hattrick. We need to start playing with a more adventurous midfielder like the Dutch do :D
  • Littleland95
    17134 posts Moderator
    Spurs to Mourinho.

Gonna be interesting.
  • tilen11
    5531 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah but cant see him changing anything that major this season. They wont reach top 4 regardless.
  • Kellnerr
    2830 posts Fans' Favourite
    Spurs to Mourinho.

Gonna be interesting.

I absolutely hate Mourinho but I'm fully backing him, would be hilarious if Spurs finished top6 and Arsenal or preferably United drop out :lol:
  • SDoofus
    edited November 20
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Spurs to Mourinho.

Gonna be interesting.

I absolutely hate Mourinho but I'm fully backing him, would be hilarious if Spurs finished top6 and Arsenal or preferably United drop out :lol:

They are only 2 points behind United and 3 points behind Arsenal. Their league position is a little misleading atm. That gap is nothing and could look completely different within 2-3 game weeks.

Can’t shake the feeling that Jose is going to do so well there, at a club where he is a true underdog and won’t have that much pressure.

Edit:

Class/decent players in their squad:

Lloris
    Rose
    Alderweireld
    Vertonghen
    Sanchez
    Son
    Winks
    Kane
    Lamela
    Wanyama
    Dier
    Sissoko
    Lo Celso
    Sessegnon
    Dele Alli
    Eriksen
    Lucas
    Aurier
    Ndombele

Lol he's got a lot to work with, tbh, if we consider that they will all probably have a new lease of life now.
  • Pxul_
    8224 posts League Winner
    I wouldn’t have rose and aurier in that this tbf😂
  • wth22
    10505 posts Has That Special Something
    Spurs to Mourinho.

Gonna be interesting.

They are only 2 points behind United and 3 points behind Arsenal. Their league position is a little misleading atm. That gap is nothing and could look completely different within 2-3 game weeks.

Can’t shake the feeling that Jose is going to do so well there, at a club where he is a true underdog and won’t have that much pressure.

Edit:

Lloris
    Rose
    Alderweireld
    Vertonghen
    Sanchez
    Son
    Winks
    Kane
    Lamela
    Wanyama
    Dier
    Sissoko
    Lo Celso
    Sessegnon
    Dele Alli
    Eriksen
    Lucas
    Aurier
    Ndombele

Lol he's got a lot to work with, tbh, if we consider that they will all probably have a new lease of life now.

Comfortably still the 3rd best squad on paper imo.
  • SDoofus wrote: »
    Spurs to Mourinho.

Gonna be interesting.

Edit:

Lloris
    Rose
    Alderweireld
    Vertonghen
    Sanchez
    Son
    Winks
    Kane
    Lamela
    Wanyama
    Dier
    Sissoko
    Lo Celso
    Sessegnon
    Dele Alli
    Eriksen
    Lucas
    Aurier
    Ndombele

Gonna be interesting to see how much money Levy will give him to shop for in January.
  • arsenalap
    6061 posts Big Money Move
    Spurs to Mourinho.

Gonna be interesting.

Edit:

Lloris
    Rose
    Alderweireld
    Vertonghen
    Sanchez
    Son
    Winks
    Kane
    Lamela
    Wanyama
    Dier
    Sissoko
    Lo Celso
    Sessegnon
    Dele Alli
    Eriksen
    Lucas
    Aurier
    Ndombele

Rose is awful now imo but I agree with the general point.

Aurier is a completely not Mourinho player too. Eriksen, Vertonghen and Alderweireld are probably off the summer for big payouts too.

The defence is nothing atm but the rest of the side is decent.
  • SDoofus
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Spurs to Mourinho.

Gonna be interesting.

Edit:

Lloris
    Rose
    Alderweireld
    Vertonghen
    Sanchez
    Son
    Winks
    Kane
    Lamela
    Wanyama
    Dier
    Sissoko
    Lo Celso
    Sessegnon
    Dele Alli
    Eriksen
    Lucas
    Aurier
    Ndombele

Aurier is a completely not Mourinho player too. Eriksen, Vertonghen and Alderweireld are probably off the summer for big payouts too.

I reckon they're all staying now.
  • arsenalap
    6061 posts Big Money Move
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Spurs to Mourinho.

Gonna be interesting.

Edit:

Lloris
    Rose
    Alderweireld
    Vertonghen
    Sanchez
    Son
    Winks
    Kane
    Lamela
    Wanyama
    Dier
    Sissoko
    Lo Celso
    Sessegnon
    Dele Alli
    Eriksen
    Lucas
    Aurier
    Ndombele

I reckon they're all staying now.

I think it's too late. They'll be heading for big pay days at new clubs and their last big contracts.

I can only see them staying if nobody wants them.