The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.
------------------
Note: The SBCs issue has been resolved, details posted on this thread in a tweet from FIFA Direct Communication.

Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• LFC Simon 98
    18589 posts World Class
    City have had a fair few injuries this year and I do feel they’ve been unfortunate with that but the comparisons of Laporte = VVD, Sane = Mane, Mendy = Robertson etc simply aren’t fair. We would struggle more if one of our first team players got injured because they have a better squad. But Just because they play the same position doesn’t give them the same importance.
  • LFC Simon 98
    18589 posts World Class
    Hadn’t actually read your 2 posts before I wrote mine but seems we’ve all made the same points just in different ways.

It’s like a I saw a city fan tweet saying them losing Ederson, Laporte, Zinchenko, Rodri, David Silva, Sane is equivalent to us losing Ali, VVD, Robbo, Gini and Mane.

I know they’re the direct comparisons but they aren’t actually. Ederson and Ali is a fair one. And Laporte and VVD is aswell imo because he’s their main defender, (although I think our defence without VVD is still much better than their without Laporte), comparing Zinchenko to Robbo is laughable. As for Silva and Sane, they’re great. But neither would even be in City’s strongest Xi (imo, Silva you can make a case for in midfield but even then they’ve got better cover players to come in than we do)

TLDR: you can’t compare the injuries because although city have very good players out they have just as good in cover
  • SDoofus
    6430 posts Big Money Move
    Yep, it's just a coping mechanism because we are bossing the League and they've bottled it, as they like to call it.
  • LFC Simon 98
    18589 posts World Class
    edited November 2019
    Our record this year against top teams has been brilliant. It was the issue last season (too many draws). Our record in our last 34 against non top 6 teams is 31 wins and 3 draws. 96 points from 102. That is elite.
  • arsenalap
    6649 posts Big Money Move
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    arsenalap wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Salah out for a month.

We don't get injuries, though.

I dont get why you dont understand that argument.

City have Sane and Laporte out for 5 to 6 months.

Salah is out for 4 weeks of which 2 are an international break..

Theres a clear difference.

Sane, the guy who's been out of favour for City and probably would have even transfered to Bayern if he didn't get injured? Can hardly talk about a big miss there, he's on the same level as Shaqiri considering importancy for the clubs (not footballing wise obv.)

Laporte out of course is a big miss but that's also City's fault for not replacing Kompany. If they just replaced him properly - that means with another 50-60M defender - they most likely would have been fine tbh. Same goes for us and not bringing in a new versatile attacker for the bench though.

If Sane was fit he would have been sold and a replacement brought in so its irrelevant that he wasnt in favor.

And only the other day I read a couple posts saying how much they miss Sane. So no hes not near Shaqs importance for me.
  • Sellish
    9765 posts League Winner
    I haven't read everything but did someone just compare Sane with Shaqiri!? :joy:
  • Apollo
    17202 posts World Class
    Sellish wrote: »
    I haven't read everything but did someone just compare Sane with Shaqiri!? :joy:

He compared them in terms of importance, not ability. I don't agree with it regardless but it's far less outlandish a claim when you're talking purely in terms of importance.
  • Sellish
    9765 posts League Winner
    Apollo wrote: »

He compared them in terms of importance, not ability. I don't agree with it regardless but it's far less outlandish a claim when you're talking purely in terms of importance.

The better the player is the bigger miss he is. There isn't really no way around it.

It's not like losing Maguire for us would be the same as losing VVD for Liverpool.
  • ViVaWhom
    8380 posts League Winner
    i remember Liverpool fans here comparing shaqiri to martial 😂😂😂

and Sane is extremely important to them, everyone kept going on about him not being favoured but he still started many games when fit
  • Sellish
    9765 posts League Winner
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    i remember Liverpool fans here comparing shaqiri to martial 😂😂😂

and Sane is extremely important to them, everyone kept going on about him not being favoured but he still started many games when fit

Sane would walk into most of the teams in the world.
  • Apollo
    17202 posts World Class
    edited November 2019

The better the player is the bigger miss he is. There isn't really no way around it.

It's not like losing Maguire for us would be the same as losing VVD for Liverpool.

The argument he's making is that missing Sane isn't as big as it would be for other teams because they have the ridiculous depth to cope. Yes Sane is quality but they're playing Bernardo and Sterling. So the impact of him missing (in terms of importance only) is reduced because of their squad.

Missing Laporte is absolutely massive in terms of importance. They have terrible depth at CB. That isn't the case for Sane's position.
  • Apollo
    17202 posts World Class
    edited November 2019
    I still don't agree with the comparison as Sane is definitely a bigger miss in terms of importance than Shaqiri imo, but it's not as outlandish a claim that it would have been if he was comparing their quality instead.
  • Sellish
    9765 posts League Winner

The argument he's making is that missing Sane isn't as big as it would be for other teams because they have the ridiculous depth to cope. Yes Sane is quality but they're playing Bernardo and Sterling. So the impact of him missing (in terms of importance only) is reduced because of their squad.

Missing Laporte is absolutely massive in terms of importance. They have terrible depth at CB. That isn't the case for Sane's position.

I understand but it's a stupid argument.

It's also a lot easier to replace Shaqiri then to replace Sane because there is so many more players close to Shaqiri's level then Sane's.
  • LFC Simon 98
    18589 posts World Class
    The ironic thing is Pep was never extremely fond of Sane but he would always play him against us because he knows Klopp loves attacking fullbacks and Sane is so hard to stop going the other way.

Scored the winner against us last year, won the pen in the 0-0 at Anfield. MOTM in the 5-0 (2 goals and an assist I think) at the Etihad and scored a brilliant goal in the 4-3 defeat that season. Unreal player for countering Klopps system.
  • SDoofus
    Oxlade-Chamberlain has scored again, this time for England. He’s on such a goal scoring streak. Surely he gets a PL start soon?
  • Apollo
    17202 posts World Class
    Oxlade-Chamberlain has scored again, this time for England. He’s on such a goal scoring streak. Surely he gets a PL start soon?

With your run of games you have starting after the international break it seems like the perfect time to get him back in the starting XI, you don't need the extra defensive cover Henderson provides in most of these games, should be able to afford playing Ox instead.
  • Apollo
    17202 posts World Class
    TAA's just been moved into midfield for the last 20 minutes of the England game, for those who aren't watching and want to know
  • LFC Simon 98
    18589 posts World Class

Definitely with the fixtures. Although I wouldn’t be dropping Hendo based of form either. It’s a nice headache for Klopp I guess
  • SDoofus
    Gomez was boo’d apparently. That’s shocking.
  • Kellnerr
    2948 posts Fans' Favourite

Then read everything next time.
  • SDoofus
    Naby stretchered off in his game :D
  • Pietu
    4461 posts National Call-Up

Such a shame, he could be a very good player but his body is letting him down.
  • SDoofus
    Apparently he came back on and finished the game so he might be okay :D
  • finsfan85
    13002 posts Has That Special Something

Don’t see why someone being stretchered off is a laughing matter. Regardless of their injury history.
  • SDoofus
    finsfan85 wrote: »

Don’t see why someone being stretchered off is a laughing matter. Regardless of their injury history.

If I don’t laugh, I’ll cry.
  • Pietu

You know when something goes wrong and you just have to laugh? He probably meant it like that or atleast that's how I took it.
  • SDoofus
    Pietu wrote: »

You know when something goes wrong and you just have to laugh? He probably meant it like that or atleast that's how I took it.

He’s trying to get a rise out of me, but he needs to try harder.
  • tilen11
    5651 posts Big Money Move

Played the full game and scored also.
  • Pietu
    tilen11 wrote: »

Played the full game and scored also.

Let's go Naby!
  • LFC Simon 98
    18589 posts World Class
    Gomez got booed by the england fans when he came on last night lmao. Sterling did tweet about it saying it’s was his fault and it wasn’t fair to boo Gomez.