5555 posts Big Money Move
    SDoofus wrote: »

Ill just wait for some new excuses now :joy:
  • Wyojasond
    12232 posts Has That Special Something
    Sounds like Salah was spotted in a boot ☹️
  • Snugglebites
    1238 posts Professional
    Not arrogant, just better. It's ours now.
  • tilen11
    Sounds like Salah was spotted in a boot ☹️

Saw that. Egypt has confirmed he wont play any of their games. At least he will get much needed rest.

Even if his injury is a bit more serious, our fixtures arent that hard tbh. Palace, Napoli at home after that and Brighton a week after that. Imo he should sit them out and return against Everton.
  • Kellnerr
    2840 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's been quite obvious that Salah wasn't fully fit since the Leicester game. I'd rest him against Palace and maybe even Brighton so he can fully recover. We need him on 100% in that December period, starting with the Merseyside Derby on December 4th.
    Just put Ox onto the right wing for a couple of games, he'll do fine.
  • Pxul_
    8284 posts League Winner
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    It's been quite obvious that Salah wasn't fully fit since the Leicester game. I'd rest him against Palace and maybe even Brighton so he can fully recover. We need him on 100% in that December period, starting with the Merseyside Derby on December 4th.

I’d keep ox in midfield. Put mane on the right and Origi on the left.
  • Kellnerr
    Pxul_ wrote: »

Origi on the left is way too limited, especially against a very defensive minded Palace
  • Pxul_
    8284 posts League Winner

Origi on the left is way too limited, especially against a very defensive minded Palace

He has the height to win headers is more my thinking as they’ll sit deep and TAA will whip them in for fun. Meaning divock can use his height.
  • SDoofus
    6201 posts Big Money Move
    In recent years, Palace away has been a place where we get 3 points.

But it still worries me, that fixture.
  • Pxul_
    8284 posts League Winner
    I hate palace so much they’re team on paper is total ****. But against us for some reason they’re our bogey team
  • Kellnerr

He has the height to win headers is more my thinking as they’ll sit deep and TAA will whip them in for fun. Meaning divock can use his height.

Meh I'm not sure, he always seems completely lost against a deep defensive line.

In the first place, let's just hope there won't be any injuries until then.
  • LFC Simon 98
    18248 posts World Class
    Just play lil Harvey. Guaranteed to light it up
  • El_Nino
    3967 posts National Call-Up
    Shame you don’t have the mighty Willian to unlock Palaces defence like it’s nothing
  • Pxul_
    8284 posts League Winner
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Shame you don’t have the mighty Willian to unlock Palaces defence like it’s nothing

Or a god like Reece James in defence :trollface:
  • LFC Simon 98
    18248 posts World Class

Please don’t encourage him
  • El_Nino
    edited November 14

Oh, you don’t mean Reece ‘The Beast’ James do you? That lads got Eddie Hall shaking in his boots.

On a serious note, do you guys think you’ll struggle? Score predictions anyone?
  • LFC Simon 98
    18248 posts World Class

Oh, you don’t mean Reece ‘The Beast’ James do you? That lads got Eddie Hall shaking in his boots.

Tough game but a 2-0/2-1
  • El_Nino

Tough game but a 2-0/2-1

If palace play like the did against us, you’ll definitely want to play with 2 out of 3 of Ox/Keita/Wijnaldum, i actually think it’ll be easier than that for you, against us at least, they just had so little going forward, if they do that against you, you’ll be sure to find a way though
  • Flapjack
    6981 posts Big Money Move
    I hate palace so much they’re team on paper is total ****. But against us for some reason they’re our bogey team

Are they really though? Or is it just people getting PTSD flashbacks from Crystanbul every time we play them?
    They were the last team to win at Anfield in the league so maybe that sticks out in the memory as well but you look at our record against them, especially over the last couple seasons and nothing really screams bogey team about the results.
    It’s been 5 wins out of the last 5 and whilst they’ve not been easy games, we’ve been so much better with these types of games recently.
  • SDoofus
    Flapjack wrote: »

Are they really though? Or is it just people getting PTSD flashbacks from Crystanbul every time we play them?
    They were the last team to win at Anfield in the league so maybe that sticks out in the memory as well but you look at our record against them, especially over the last couple seasons and nothing really screams bogey team about the results.
    It’s been 5 wins out of the last 5 and whilst they’ve not been easy games, we’ve been so much better with these types of games recently.

I think, for me, it's the stress factor the games against them seem to evoke.

Last season, at Anfield, they put 3 past us, setting up a very tense finale. As for the away game, it took a 45th minute penalty and a 90th minute breakaway counter attack goal to beat them 2-0. Other than that, we were struggling.

IIRC, the season before that, it was a late Salah winner at their place. I am not sure if I am thinking of the right game for the Anfield game, but I think it was Robbo's debut early in the season and we narrowly won 1-0.

It would be nice if we could put 2 or 3 past them early on and just chill. Liverpool games have been so stressful to watch recently.
  • arsenalap
    6111 posts Big Money Move
    Zaha is absolutely pony atm, you should be ok.

Mane hatrick preferably.
  • tilen11
    Origi hattrick in the 1st half vs Palace
  • SDoofus
    Salah out for a month.

We don't get injuries, though.
  • arsenalap
    Salah out for a month.

I dont get why you dont understand that argument.

City have Sane and Laporte out for 5 to 6 months.

Salah is out for 4 weeks of which 2 are an international break..

Theres a clear difference.
  • LFC Simon 98
    18248 posts World Class
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Salah out for a month.

Salah will likely miss 6 weeks. We have 13 (probably 14) games in that time (even with the fact it’s internationals atm).

We have had Alisson miss the first 2 1/2 months of the season, Matip in the form of his life got injured for a couple months, Keita and Shaq are always injured. Ox coming back from over a year out. Salah hasn’t been fully fit for a while and is now out for the busiest period.

Everyone gets injured ffs. That’s how football is
  • arsenalap
    Salah out for a month.

Salah will likely miss 6 weeks. We have 13 (probably 14) games in that time (even with the fact it’s internationals atm).

We have had Alisson miss the first 2 1/2 months of the season, Matip in the form of his life got injured for a couple months, Keita and Shaq are always injured. Ox coming back from over a year out. Salah hasn’t been fully fit for a while and is now out for the busiest period.

The argument is purely if you had VVD, Fabinho or Firmino injured for 6 months your struggle similar to City are.

I'm not saying it takes anything away from your success because it doesnt, but to say you have similar injury issues to City isnt true.
  • tilen11
    edited November 14
    Shame for Salah but at least we have reasonable fixtures.

If he is out for a month that would mean he sits out:

Palace(A), Napoli(H), Brighton(H), Everton(H), Bournemouth(A), Salzburg(A) and would probably come back against Watford(H).

If he is to miss 6 weeks he wouldnt play in Qatar and would return for Leicester (A). Dont think we need him for CWC. Like I said, reasonable fixtures that should go well even without him. The only game that worries me is Everton, just because its Everton but they are complete garbage this season.
  • Ahmer50x
    20007 posts Club Captain
    Flapjack wrote: »

tenor.gif?itemid=7627441
  • Kellnerr
    Salah out for a month.

Sane, the guy who's been out of favour for City and probably would have even transfered to Bayern if he didn't get injured? Can hardly talk about a big miss there, he's on the same level as Shaqiri considering importancy for the clubs (not footballing wise obv.)

Laporte out of course is a big miss but that's also City's fault for not replacing Kompany. If they just replaced him properly - that means with another 50-60M defender - they most likely would have been fine tbh. Same goes for us and not bringing in a new versatile attacker for the bench though.
  • SDoofus
    edited November 14
    Salah out for a month.

The argument is purely if you had VVD, Fabinho or Firmino injured for 6 months your struggle similar to City are.

I'm not saying it takes anything away from your success because it doesnt, but to say you have similar injury issues to City isnt true.

It's all relative though. City's depth is so ridiculous, that having someone like Sane out isn't the same as us having someone like Mane out. When you add depth into the equation, it's pretty similar.

Alisson was a huge, huge injury, and we missed him for over 2 months. But of course, people act like it was nothing because we were still winning games, even though Adrian was so error-prone. Matip has been out for a while now, and doesn't look to be returning any time soon, but again, because we've continued to do well, it doesn't even get factored into anyone's thinking. Shaqiri may not be a starter, but he's been injured for a long time now also, which means our replacement for Mane/Salah is gone and we are having to use Origi, a striker, as a winger. Origi has been doing brilliantly, so Shaqiri's injury is never mentioned either.

We beat Barcelona 4-0 last season with practically half our starting team out injured, so we have shown that we can cope with injuries, and we are continuing to show that this season also. Our depth is nowhere near as good as City's, yet when they are needed, they've stepped up, be it Origi, Adrian or Lovren. Players who wouldn't even be considered for City's B team.