Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• tilen11
    5531 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 11
    wth22 wrote: »
    I get why it wasn't a penalty for the first TAA handball. But wasn't it technically in the buildup for the goal, and if there is a handball in the buildup of a goal, deliberate or non deliberate, the goal is ruled out? So maybe it should've been no penalty but no goal?

The official explanation of the handball leading to a goal law is that a handball which is followed by several passes or starts a counter attack (including a long distance pass towards other end of field of play) would not be punished. Via @BobbyMadley

• LFC Simon 98
    18165 posts World Class
    SDoofus wrote: »
    ChrisLFC wrote: »
    Salah scored in another big game. Funny how that agendas been buried and now the "VAR favours us" agenda is being trotted out :lol:

Anyone remember last season when other supporters on here claimed VAR was going to stop us from challenging for the title?

To be fair to others, it was mainly one United supporter who was convinced we would be midtable thanks to VAR, then he changed to another conspiracy theory, and another after that, and so on and so on 😂😂😂😂

The whole of Bluemoon last season were convinced that with VAR, we wouldn't have been anywhere near them and that they would have won the League at a canter.

"Wait until next season, you'll see" they said.

Well. I've waited.

I am not seeing.

To be fair, taking into account just last season, with VAR they would have 100 points again and you wouldn't have had 97. This season you have just stepped it up a further couple of notches while they have dropped.

We wouldn’t have had 97 because we would have had at least 99 (Leicester at Anfield)
  • wth22
    10505 posts Has That Special Something
    tilen11 wrote: »
    I get why it wasn't a penalty for the first TAA handball. But wasn't it technically in the buildup for the goal, and if there is a handball in the buildup of a goal, deliberate or non deliberate, the goal is ruled out? So maybe it should've been no penalty but no goal?

The official explanation of the handball leading to a goal law is that a handball which is followed by several passes or starts a counter attack (including a long distance pass towards other end of field of play) would not be punished. Via @BobbyMadley

Fair enough.
  • SDoofus
    6071 posts Big Money Move
    ChrisLFC wrote: »
    Salah scored in another big game. Funny how that agendas been buried and now the "VAR favours us" agenda is being trotted out :lol:

Anyone remember last season when other supporters on here claimed VAR was going to stop us from challenging for the title?

To be fair to others, it was mainly one United supporter who was convinced we would be midtable thanks to VAR, then he changed to another conspiracy theory, and another after that, and so on and so on 😂😂😂😂

The whole of Bluemoon last season were convinced that with VAR, we wouldn't have been anywhere near them and that they would have won the League at a canter.

"Wait until next season, you'll see" they said.

Well. I've waited.

I am not seeing.

To be fair, taking into account just last season, with VAR they would have 100 points again and you wouldn't have had 97. This season you have just stepped it up a further couple of notches while they have dropped.

Lol based on what? We actually had a lot of decisions go against us and City had a few go their way. Overall it was pretty even in terms of bad decisions.
  • Wyojasond
    12170 posts Has That Special Something
    Gomez and Sterling evidently got into it at the England practice today 😂
  • Cyodine
    1732 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm still buzzing thinking about Lovren blocking Sterlings shot on goal. Lovren put in a good performance yesterday!

• tilen11
    Raheem Sterling and Joe Gomez have been involved in another bust-up at England training just a day after clashing during Liverpool's win against Manchester City as shocked England team-mates have to separate them. (Daily Mail)

Raheem Sterling dropped by England for game with Montenegro after angrily confronting Liverpool's Joe Gomez at St George's Park today. (Paul Joyce)
  • El_Nino
    3899 posts National Call-Up
    Raheem Sterling and Joe Gomez have been involved in another bust-up at England training just a day after clashing during Liverpool's win against Manchester City as shocked England team-mates have to separate them. (Daily Mail)

Raheem Sterling dropped by England for game with Montenegro after angrily confronting Liverpool's Joe Gomez at St George's Park today. (Paul Joyce)
    Wow, would appear Pep is rubbing off on his players, if I were Southgate I’d immediately send him home and tell him to sort out his attitude.
  • Pietu
    3343 posts National Call-Up

Sterling going after Gomez :joy:
  • tilen11
    El_Nino wrote: »

Wow, would appear Pep is rubbing off on his players, if I were Southgate I’d immediately send him home and tell him to sort out his attitude.

Id send him home and only call him back into action when he sorts out his attitude and apologizes to Gomez in this case.
  • Wyojasond
    Sterling did issue an apology and said him and Gomez are good now. Sounds like this whole thing could lead to some other issues though.

• Pxul_
    8224 posts League Winner
    There was no need for public statements imo, once raheem and joe had sorted things out then that’s all that was needed.

The punishment is right, and it’s only Montenegro we’re playing not Germany.
  • Pxul_
    8224 posts League Winner
    Ouch
  • tilen11
    Sterling was sat down in the canteen when Gomez arrived and leant over from behind to shake his hand, leading to him to attempt to grab his team-mate by the neck. The rest of the England players initially thought Sterling was joking, but it soon became clear that he had lost control and the pair were separated. Some of those present were impressed with the way Gomez handled the situation by refusing to be goaded into retaliating physically and instead taking a step back. (Daily Mail & Telegraph)

• tilen11
  • tilen11
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    There was no need for public statements imo, once raheem and joe had sorted things out then that’s all that was needed.

The punishment is right, and it’s only Montenegro we’re playing not Germany.

Things would surface one way or the other. Something like that wouldnt have stayed hidden for long. Players that believe excluding Sterling from this game is harsh and showed lack of man management are wrong. Its not the manager who needs to forget the row that happened on the club level, players need to do that (sure manager also but it starts with the players). They are proffessionals and clearly Sterling brought this row into their national team and that above everything else is wrong.
  • SDoofus
    EJHviPsW4AI9Jli?format=jpg&name=medium

That's the so called best RB in the League...
  • arsenalap
    6061 posts Big Money Move

Not sure what you're talking about?

Walker? If so.. I have no idea who calls him the best RB in the league..
  • SDoofus
    Salah and Robbo doubts for the Palace game due to ankle injuries.
  • Wyojasond
    Salah and Robbo doubts for the Palace game due to ankle injuries.

Yeah I’m seeing a few articles that there are some real concerns about Salahs injury 😫
  • LFC Simon 98
    18165 posts World Class
    Get the bubble wrap out and don’t let either of them move for the international break
  • Tornado31619
    17822 posts World Class

:lol:
  • LFC Simon 98
    18165 posts World Class
    @ those people claiming how lucky Liverpool have been

Liverpool have played
    2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th in the table, winning all bar the draw against United

City have played
    1st (and lost) and are yet to play 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th

And let’s not forget we’re 9 ahead of them. I know we’ve got a lot of late winners etc but tbf in most those games it’s been about 20 shots to 5 and we just kept missing sitters.
  • Kellnerr
    2830 posts Fans' Favourite
    arsenalap wrote: »

Many people have seen Walker as the best RB in the league for quite a few years. Now people start to realise that he's absolute ****, thankfully. Absolute defensive liability.
    Even funnier is that he still starts over Cancelo so he must be **** aswell :joy:
  • arsenalap
    6061 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 13
    Kellnerr wrote: »

Many people have seen Walker as the best RB in the league for quite a few years. Now people start to realise that he's absolute ****, thankfully. Absolute defensive liability.
    Even funnier is that he still starts over Cancelo so he must be **** aswell :joy:

Previous years maybe, and at one point he was quite good but not this season.

Although no he isnt absolutely ****. Hes still decent but not the best in the league.
  • El_Nino
    3899 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 13
    Kellnerr wrote: »

Previous years maybe, and at one point he was quite good but not this season.

Although no he isnt absolutely ****. Hes still decent but not the best in the league.

Yeah this basically, RBs in the prem now go;

Reece
    The
    Beast
    James
    Zzz
    Still Reece James

Then just a load of bums after him, I guess TAA is second best
  • Argie8
    5904 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah TAA is widely considered the best RB in the league nowadays. Not heard much about AWB this season though