The Ligue 1 POTM SBC has temporarily taken down & will return at a later time, updates to follow today PST on this FIFA Direct twitter thread. Forum thread discussing the issue is here.

Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• finsfan85
    13006 posts Has That Special Something
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Sellish wrote: »
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Deflections
    Premier League players will be allowed extra leeway when it comes to ricocheted handballs.

It is often impossible to avoid contact with the ball if it has deflected off the body of an opponent, team-mate, or even another part of the own player.

So a handball will not be awarded if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm directly from their own head/body/foot or the head/body/foot of another player who is close/nearby.

So correct decision to let the game go on.

That section is titled deflections. The ball was not deflected.

Lol what? It was? Bernardo’s atm deflected it onto TAA’s arm.

Need to watch the situation again but did it go from Bernardo's arm to Trent's arm?
    If it did, then it's the right call.

But seriously, the rules can't be this complicated lol.
    My disliking of VAR just getting stronger.

Yeah, Bernardo kicked it onto Lovren, which then made the ball bounce up and hit Bernardo’s arm which then hit TAA’s arm.

Makes it even bigger of a joke that it goes from arm to arm but no hand ball is called. It’s like we aren’t even playing football anymore :joy:
  • Sellish
    9804 posts League Winner
    edited November 2019
    Deflections
    Premier League players will be allowed extra leeway when it comes to ricocheted handballs.

It is often impossible to avoid contact with the ball if it has deflected off the body of an opponent, team-mate, or even another part of the own player.

So a handball will not be awarded if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm directly from their own head/body/foot or the head/body/foot of another player who is close/nearby.

Need to watch the situation again but did it go from Bernardo's arm to Trent's arm?

Yeah, Bernardo kicked it onto Lovren, which then made the ball bounce up and hit Bernardo’s arm which then hit TAA’s arm.

And Bernardo had his arm in a natural position?

I started this season by talking about how annoying the new handball rules will be.
    I haven't changed my mind for obvious reasons.
  • SDoofus
    6430 posts Big Money Move
    Deflections

Makes it even bigger of a joke that it goes from arm to arm but no hand ball is called. It’s like we aren’t even playing football anymore :joy:

Both of them were very fast and deemed ball to hand. Correctly played on.
  • Sellish
    9804 posts League Winner
    edited November 2019

Looking back to it, it's such a weird situation. I hate to say it but Finsfan make sense with:

Deflections

Makes it even bigger of a joke that it goes from arm to arm but no hand ball is called.

• SDoofus

Looking back to it, it's such a weird situation. I hate to say it but Finsfan make sense with:

Deflections

Makes it even bigger of a joke that it goes from arm to arm but no hand ball is called.

Nope because it’s ball to hand. So play on.
  • SDoofus
    The rules of the game literally say that there was nothing wrong with it. Ball to hand and on top of that it was deflected.
  • Sellish
    9804 posts League Winner

Deflections

It's not that simple because if the ball towards Trent would have hit anything else then Bernardo's hand, then it's a pen.
  • finsfan85

Deflections

But is it ball to hand in TAA’s case? He clearly extends his arm and fingers towards the ball as it comes to him.
  • SDoofus

Deflections

But is it ball to hand in TAA’s case? He clearly extends his arm and fingers towards the ball as it comes to him.

In slow mo maybe. But in real time there’s no way he did that on purpose. Both of his arms did the same thing. Not just the one that the ball hit. It looked as though he puffed his chest out expecting the ball to go there.
  • Sellish
    9804 posts League Winner

Deflections

In slow mo maybe. But in real time there’s no way he did that on purpose. Both of his arms did the same thing. Not just the one that the ball hit. It looked as though he puffed his chest out expecting the ball to go there.

This doesn't mather anymore. That's the main difference with the new rules. Doesn't mather if it's on purpose or even any movement. The arm is in a unnatural position.

If the ball had went from Bernardo's head instead of his arm for example, that's a pen.

• SDoofus
    It was in a natural position though. People put their arms out to the side to gain balance. Both of his arms did the same thing.
  • finsfan85
    It was in a natural position though. People put their arms out to the side to gain balance. Both of his arms did the same thing.

This is where the subjectivity of the rule becomes a clear issue. I would say that his arm WAS in a natural position. But since he extends the arm and fingers as the ball is approaching him, that makes it a clear attempt to make himself bigger, and thus a penalty.
  • Sellish
    9804 posts League Winner
    edited November 2019

Aslong as the arms isn't downright touching your body, it's up for discussion really.

We figured the rule out and you're right. This wasn't a mistake.
    If you ask me, everything is a mess and this gotta be worked on.

But I'm happy we had this discussion because I actually learned something.
  • tilen11
    5692 posts Big Money Move

Aslong as the arms isn't downright touching your body, it's up for discussion really.

Its also great that a discussion was handled in the right way :)
  • SDoofus

Fair play.
  • arsenalap
    6782 posts Big Money Move
    Trent or Robertson for FPL. Aid me por favor <3
  • SDoofus
    arsenalap wrote: »

Impossible choice. Whoever is cheaper, I guess?

TAA is on set pieces though.
  • arsenalap
    6782 posts Big Money Move
    arsenalap wrote: »

Impossible choice. Whoever is cheaper, I guess?

TAA is on set pieces though.

Got lots of money so price isnt too much a concern.

Yh TAA is how I'm leaning.
  • Flapjack
    7044 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2019
    2 great goals but I do feel sorry for City.
    They are a victim of how terrible VAR is.

Lol, where was this energy for us last week?

I think those VAR decisions will detract from how wasteful Aguero was (and City in general tbh). That was their main issue. Also, all 3 goals they conceded were from poor defending, nothing to do with VAR.
  • Tornado31619
    18951 posts World Class
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

You lost me at "Mark Clattenburg"
  • Flapjack
    7044 posts Big Money Move
  • tilen11
    5692 posts Big Money Move
    Flapjack wrote: »

Its better that he didnt speak. No need for him to embarass himself.
  • SDoofus
    Lads.

We are 8 points clear, having played Leicester, Chelsea, City, Arsenal, Man United and Spurs. You could probably add Sheffield United in there too, considering they are 5th.

Unreal.
  • Tornado31619
    18951 posts World Class
    Even better when you slip up then :trollface:

Nah for real GG
  • Cyodine
    1981 posts Fans' Favourite
    What a match! Couldn't have asked for a better result. Such intensity from everyone, unlucky for City to score but they were bound to knock one in the back of the net.
  • Pooter
    3659 posts National Call-Up
    As we discussed before.
    Pcw1hzP.jpg

The difference is TAA was due to the ball deflecting off a Man City player, while Sissoko's was because Mane passed the ball or attempted to pass the ball and Sissoko's arm got in the way due to the un-natural silhouette
  • Snugglebites
    1390 posts Professional
    Look at Aguero's arms when it happens, just the same as Trent's. Natural position. No penalty.

Suck it, Turnips.
  • Argie8
    6087 posts Big Money Move
    What a result that was. Played really well also. Dont think people can say we're just lucky to be top of the league at this point. We deserve it

Only 12 games in but its a wonderful start so far