The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Pooter
    3903 posts National Call-Up
    A good win today
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    15896 posts World Class
    Sellish wrote: »
    As we discussed before.
    Pcw1hzP.jpg

Man Utd fans are City fans now eh?
  • Wyojasond
    13007 posts Has That Special Something
    We’ve now beaten the teams, sitting 2nd through 6th in the current standings 😎
  • SDoofus
    6430 posts Big Money Move
    SDoofus wrote: »
    As we discussed before.
    Pcw1hzP.jpg

Ref didn’t get anything wrong today. Accept it.

Alright. For the third time.
    I am not critizing the ref. I am critizing VAR and it's rules. It hasn't worked properly in England so far.
    England have different regulations then different leagues and it doesn't seem to click so far.

And that picture is obvious and clear proof how it's not perfect. If you are too bias to see that, I can't help you.

The picture doesn’t show how fast the ball hit TAA’s hand. It was ball to hand. That’s not a punishable offence. Maybe you’re the one who is too biased.
  • Sellish
    9938 posts Has That Special Something
    As we discussed before.
    Pcw1hzP.jpg

Man Utd fans are City fans now eh?

Didn't I say just a couple minutes ago that Liverpool have been really good after the first goal?
    I'm not talking about the game. I'm talking about VAR. Something I seem to be talking about every week.
  • Ahmer50x
    21440 posts Club Captain
    As we discussed before.
    Pcw1hzP.jpg

Ref didn’t get anything wrong today. Accept it.

Alright. For the third time.
    I am not critizing the ref. I am critizing VAR and it's rules. It hasn't worked properly in England so far.
    England have different regulations then different leagues and it doesn't seem to click so far.

And that picture is obvious and clear proof how it's not perfect. If you are too bias to see that, I can't help you.

It isn't VAR's rules or England's implementation of it. It's the IFAB and FIFA sanctioned laws of the game that universally apply. Take your issue up with them.

And I'm obviously not "too biased" in favor of Liverpool :joy:
  • Sellish
    edited November 2019
    England got a different handball rule then other leagues.
    If the ball hits a hand that is in a unnatural position then it's a foul. No mather what.

That was a hand in a unnatural position. End of story really.
  • SDoofus
    If the ball hits a hand that is in a unnatural position then it's a foul. No mather what.

We are playing in England...
  • arsenalap
    7054 posts Big Money Move

We are playing in England...

That's his point.
  • Ahmer50x
    21440 posts Club Captain

Gotta get him back in the game ASAP
  • Wyojasond
    13007 posts Has That Special Something
    Every time they bring Klopp on goal zone they bring up the time he swore on live tv. I’m sure he gets warned multiple times before they give him a mic 😂😂😂
  • tilen11
    5755 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2019
    The rule needs a revamp in this case. The rule states that every handball in the box is a penalty BUT there is still subjectivity among refs and some will point to the spot, others wont.

As long as there is a person, human being in charge of this decisions, there will always be subjectivity involved.

Either let the computer ref the game or punish all the refs that dont follow the rules. Its as simple as that. Clearly they wont do any of those 2 things so it will stay as it is.

• Pugzilla
    17141 posts World Class
    Trent may be the best player in the league.
  • Snugglebites
    1425 posts Professional
    Lovely win.
  • SDoofus
    tilen11 wrote: »
    The rule needs a revamp in this case. The rule states that every handball in the box is a penalty BUT there is still subjectivity among refs and some will point to the spot, others wont.

As long as there is a person, human being in charge of this decisions, there will always be subjectivity involved.

Either let the computer ref the game or punish all the refs that dont follow the rules. Its as simple as that. Clearly they wont do any of those 2 things so it will stay as it is.

The rule states that every handball in the box is a penalty? That can’t be right.
  • tilen11

The rule states that every handball in the box is a penalty? That can’t be right.

Thats what all the newspapers have quoted when I was reading. Before the season started. Its dumb and maybe they all quoted the wrong thing.
  • Sellish

They remade the handball rule for this season. Tilen is correct, the rule is terrible. But the rules say that the situation was a situation that should have made the Liverpool goal disallowed.

But at the same time, the second time someone shot Trent on the arm (I think it was Trent) when he had the arm as close to the body as possible, ofcourse that can't be a pen.
  • SDoofus
    https://www.premierleague.com/news/1263332

Don’t see anything here about that.
  • Kellnerr
    3097 posts National Call-Up
    Deflections
    Premier League players will be allowed extra leeway when it comes to ricocheted handballs.

It is often impossible to avoid contact with the ball if it has deflected off the body of an opponent, team-mate, or even another part of the own player.

So a handball will not be awarded if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm directly from their own head/body/foot or the head/body/foot of another player who is close/nearby.

So correct decision to let the game go on.
  • tilen11
    Ok. Found everything now.

The IFAB have now confirmed that a handball will be awarded if a player makes his body an "unnatural silhouette", i.e. making his body bigger with his arm. It is also automatically an offence if the arm is above shoulder height (Thats means it was a pen in the finals since Sissoko arm is above shoulder height)

There is no handball if the ball is deflected onto the arm, or if it hits the player using his arm for support.

There will be no penalty if:

-the ball touches a player's hand/arm immediately from their own head/body/foot or the head/body/foot of another player.

-the ball touches a player's hand/arm close to their body and has not made their silhouette unnaturally bigger.
    -a player is falling and the ball touches their hand/arm when it is between their body and the ground (but not extended to make the body bigger).
    -additionally, should the goalkeeper attempt to clear a ball from a teammate but fails, the goalkeeper is allowed to handle the ball.
  • arsenalap
    7054 posts Big Money Move
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Deflections
    Premier League players will be allowed extra leeway when it comes to ricocheted handballs.

It is often impossible to avoid contact with the ball if it has deflected off the body of an opponent, team-mate, or even another part of the own player.

So a handball will not be awarded if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm directly from their own head/body/foot or the head/body/foot of another player who is close/nearby.

But.. that rules out Bernardos handball not Trents..
  • SDoofus
    Correct decision then.
  • finsfan85
    13144 posts Has That Special Something
    Deflections

That section is titled deflections. The ball was not deflected.
  • finsfan85
    13144 posts Has That Special Something
    Ok. Found everything now.

The IFAB have now confirmed that a handball will be awarded if a player makes his body an "unnatural silhouette", i.e. making his body bigger with his arm. It is also automatically an offence if the arm is above shoulder height (Thats means it was a pen in the finals since Sissoko arm is above shoulder height)

There is no handball if the ball is deflected onto the arm, or if it hits the player using his arm for support.

There will be no penalty if:

-the ball touches a player's hand/arm immediately from their own head/body/foot or the head/body/foot of another player.

-the ball touches a player's hand/arm close to their body and has not made their silhouette unnaturally bigger.
    -a player is falling and the ball touches their hand/arm when it is between their body and the ground (but not extended to make the body bigger).
    -additionally, should the goalkeeper attempt to clear a ball from a teammate but fails, the goalkeeper is allowed to handle the ball.

At least on the first incident, TAA is making his body unnaturally bigger.
  • Sellish
    https://www.premierleague.com/news/1263332

Don’t see anything here about that.

If the ball hits a player who has made their body "unnaturally bigger" then a foul will be awarded.
    This is the rule I'm talking about.

Any goal scored or created with the use of the hand or arm will be disallowed this season even if it is accidental.
    This is also worth mentioning because the counter attack some what started with Trent's handball.

If I remember it right, the ball hit Trent's arm first?
  • SDoofus
    edited November 2019
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Deflections

Lol what? It was? Bernardo’s arm deflected it onto TAA’s arm.
  • Sellish
    Deflections

Lol what? It was? Bernardo’s atm deflected it onto TAA’s arm.

Need to watch the situation again but did it go from Bernardo's arm to Trent's arm?
    If it did, then it's the right call.

But seriously, the rules can't be this complicated lol.
    My disliking of VAR just getting stronger.
  • tilen11
    Deflections

Lol what? It was? Bernardo’s arm deflected it onto TAA’s arm.

• Snugglebites
    1425 posts Professional
    Pep should be more annoyed at his players wasting all their attacks.
  • SDoofus
    Deflections

Lol what? It was? Bernardo’s atm deflected it onto TAA’s arm.

Need to watch the situation again but did it go from Bernardo's arm to Trent's arm?
    If it did, then it's the right call.

But seriously, the rules can't be this complicated lol.
    My disliking of VAR just getting stronger.

Yeah, Bernardo kicked it onto Lovren, which then made the ball bounce up and hit Bernardo’s arm which then hit TAA’s arm.