Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• SDoofus
    5795 posts Big Money Move
    Robbo > Trent and it ain’t a debate for me. How he ain’t in I’ll never know

Agreed. Robbo is the ultimate fullback package. TAA got it because of the Barcelona game, probably.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17898 posts World Class
    edited October 22
    Apollo wrote: »

Thought I'd post this here as well as the United thread. Right decision to ban him indefinitely, well done to the club for acting quickly on this. No room for racism.

I hate racism (obvs). But as a fan at a game. If someone is in front of you yea shout at them and call them a [removed - CM] if you like but ffs what possesses someone to decide this is a good place to abuse them for their race. Disgusting behaviour.
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • tilen11
    5392 posts Big Money Move
    Liverpool squad off to Genk.

Liverpool squad: Alisson, Fabinho, Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Lovren, Milner, Keita, Firmino, Mane, Salah, Gomez, Adrian, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Brewster, Robertson, Origi, Kelleher.

Matip and Trent missing.
  • tilen11
    City backline against Atalanta today:

Mendy-Rodri-Fernandinho-Walker :open_mouth:
  • Wyojasond
    12020 posts Has That Special Something
    Fabinhos birthday today. Honestly thought he was older than 26 😂

Big game against Genk. We get them again as our next game so taking 6 from both those games is a must. Will be interesting to see if Salzburg can trouble Napoli at all.
  • Kellnerr
    2742 posts Fans' Favourite
    Our next 3 games are:

tonight vs Genk
    Mane - Firmino - Salah
    Keita - Hendo - Milner
    Robbo -VvD - Lovren - Gomez
    Alisson

Would give Fabinho and Gini a rest, allowing Keita to start. Milner with the inevitable start again, has been quite good lately though, tbf. Considering our away form in the CL I'm expecting a difficult and close game tonight, can't watch unfortunately. Should win hopefully and can also see Salzburg getting at least a draw at home tonight what will make things very interesting.

League vs Spurs
    Mane - Firmino - Salah
    Gini - Fabinho - Ox
    Robbo - VvD - Matip (Lovren) - TAA
    Alisson

Lovren alongside Virgil if Matip is not fit yet since Gomez hasn't been that good this season so far, honestly. Ox for that extra attacking threat out of midfield but since Salah is back I wouldn't mind Hendo again. Given Spurs' horrible form, anything else than a win would be quite bad I'd say.

EFL cup vs Arsenal
    Origi - Mane - Shaqiri
    Jones - Fabinho - Lallana
    Milner - VvD - Gomez - Hoever
    Adrian

Idk about this one, difficult opponent but they are probably playing the kids aswell, should find the right mix of players for that game. Shaqiri is in training again, should get the start in that game hopefully. Lallana deserves a start (if not in any of the previous games) and I want to see Jones aswell. Brewster and Elliot off the bench.

opinions?
  • Wyojasond
    Don’t think we’ll see Keita or Ox starting just yet. Maybe in the League Cup, but not sure Klopp is ready to throw them into the league or CL just yet.
  • tilen11
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Our next 3 games are:

tonight vs Genk
    Mane - Firmino - Salah
    Keita - Hendo - Milner
    Robbo -VvD - Lovren - Gomez
    Alisson

Would give Fabinho and Gini a rest, allowing Keita to start. Milner with the inevitable start again, has been quite good lately though, tbf. Considering our away form in the CL I'm expecting a difficult and close game tonight, can't watch unfortunately. Should win hopefully and can also see Salzburg getting at least a draw at home tonight what will make things very interesting.

League vs Spurs
    Mane - Firmino - Salah
    Gini - Fabinho - Ox
    Robbo - VvD - Matip (Lovren) - TAA
    Alisson

Lovren alongside Virgil if Matip is not fit yet since Gomez hasn't been that good this season so far, honestly. Ox for that extra attacking threat out of midfield but since Salah is back I wouldn't mind Hendo again. Given Spurs' horrible form, anything else than a win would be quite bad I'd say.

EFL cup vs Arsenal
    Origi - Mane - Shaqiri
    Jones - Fabinho - Lallana
    Milner - VvD - Gomez - Hoever
    Adrian

Idk about this one, difficult opponent but they are probably playing the kids aswell, should find the right mix of players for that game. Shaqiri is in training again, should get the start in that game hopefully. Lallana deserves a start (if not in any of the previous games) and I want to see Jones aswell. Brewster and Elliot off the bench.

opinions?

Agree with pretty much everything. Against Spurs I would definitely like to see Matip and VVD and Keita instead of Ox. Id give Ox a go today. For Arsenal game I really dont care about our team, but yeah giving both fullbacks and front 3 some rest is reasonable.
  • Snugglebites
    1169 posts Professional
    Loving this midfield.
  • tilen11
    Loving this midfield.

Ox and Keita starting. Beautiful
  • Pxul_
    8096 posts League Winner
    Has the potential to be our best midfield once back to peak fitness
  • Pietu
    2843 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Has the potential to be our best midfield once back to peak fitness

Either this or Gini instead of Ox
  • LFC Simon 98
    17898 posts World Class
    How come we’ve never considered Fabinho as RB. He could certainly do a job there.
  • Wyojasond
    How come we’ve never considered Fabinho as RB. He could certainly do a job there.

Was his original position. Guess I wouldn’t be against it. We have plenty of midfield options to cover him moving there.
  • SDoofus
    5795 posts Big Money Move
    A midfield trio of Fabinho, Keita and Ox shows that we do have the players to put out a very agile, speedy and technically gifted midfield. I’d have preferred to see it first deployed at Anfield, but we’ll see how it does tonight. I’m excited. Fingers and toes crossed that Naby doesn’t get injured.
  • Wyojasond
    Little surprised Lovren over Gomez too. Maybe Klopp wanted the option to replace Milner if he looks lost 🤷‍♂️
  • Pietu
    edited October 23
    Predictions for the match?
  • Pietu
    I'm predicting a tough game because they have Uronen
  • Pietu
    Excited!
  • Pietu
    Ox is back!
  • tilen11
    Lets gooo!!! Nice stuff from Ox
  • Apollo
    15809 posts World Class
    That didn't take long :joy:
  • Tornado31619
    17388 posts World Class
    FiRmInO iSn’T wOrLd ClAsS
  • LFC Simon 98
    17898 posts World Class
    Are streams allowed here?

Mine keeps dying
  • Pietu

Mine keeps dying

I have no idea
  • Ahmer50x
    19261 posts World Class
    Safe option is to DM links
  • Wyojasond

Mine keeps dying

B/R live is $3 for a single watch. Not ideal to just watch the second half but for next time 😉
  • Wyojasond
    Really need to get a second because don’t see us keeping them out in the second half.

I swear Milner gets further up than TAA. Leaves such huge gaps at times.