Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• tilen11
    5361 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 21
    Firmino is an attacking midfielder that plays as a forward (F9). Is he a worse finisher than Aubameyang? Probably. It would be quite hilarious if he would be a better finisher compared to a true nr10.
    Overall he is a much better player, has more to offer and thats it. Oh and Auba isnt a saint also in terms of finishing. Guy had dozens of brainfarts infront of the goal. Its offensive to even think Auba is better.

Firmino>Auba

Case closed
  • tilen11
    edited October 21
    Coming from Ornstein who is very reliable(co-worker of James Pearce). Would you guys take Maddison? Honestly I wanted him badly when he was still in Coventry (we didnt go for him at the time). Much rather have him then Alli.

Liverpool might go all in for James Maddison from Leicester City.
    The Athletic‘s David Ornstein claims the rivals Liverpool and United could now battle to sign Leicester’s James Maddison, saying “there is a sense” that the Reds will rival United for the 22-year-old’s signature.

• Apollo
    15615 posts World Class
    tilen11 wrote: »
    Coming from Ornstein who is very reliable(co-worker of James Pearce). Would you guys take Maddison? Honestly I wanted him badly when he was still in Coventry (we didnt go for him at the time). Much rather have him then Alli.

Liverpool might go all in for James Maddison from Leicester City.
    The Athletic‘s David Ornstein claims the rivals Liverpool and United could now battle to sign Leicester’s James Maddison, saying “there is a sense” that the Reds will rival United for the 22-year-old’s signature.

giphy.gif
  • Ahmer50x
    19004 posts World Class
    Hopefully we just price them out by driving the fee up stupidly high. If Liverpool are offering 60m, offer 80m.
  • tilen11
    :joy:
  • tilen11
    War is on
  • arsenalap
    5643 posts Big Money Move
    Firmino is an attacking midfielder that plays as a forward (F9). Is he a worse finisher than Aubameyang? Probably. It would be quite hilarious if he would be a better finisher compared to a true nr10.
    Overall he is a much better player, has more to offer and thats it. Oh and Auba isnt a saint also in terms of finishing. Guy had dozens of brainfarts infront of the goal. Its offensive to even think Auba is better.

Firmino>Auba

Case closed

Okay but.. no. He isnt a much better player at all. I can see the argument dont get me wrong but your view is quite short sighted.
  • Gervonta
    4058 posts National Call-Up
    PEA is a better #9

But Firmino is all around the better player he offers more than just scoring goals.
  • El_Nino
    3519 posts National Call-Up
    I really think you’d struggle to find a non Arsenal fan that’ll say Auba is a better player than Firmino, I think nearly every neutral I’ve seen would agree Firmino is a much better player all round, just offers way more than Auba does.
    The only thing Auba is debatably better at for me is finishing, and even that’s up for debate, everything else id prefer Firmino for.
  • tilen11
    arsenalap wrote: »

Firmino>Auba

Case closed

Okay but.. no. He isnt a much better player at all. I can see the argument dont get me wrong but your view is quite short sighted.

I could go further into why he is better. The only thing Auba is better at is being a striker. Overall Firmino is a much better, more complete player that offers more to a team.
  • arsenalap
    5643 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 21
    I agree Firmino is more well rounded.

But as a player I prefer Auba. If you put Firmino in our side instead of Auba I dont think we would ne anywhere near where we are, we would be much lower this season.

Aubas movement is incredible and the main difference between him and Firmino on Aubas side. Firmino is obviously better at other things.

They're very different players tbh. But I also think if Firmino had a bad day, he doesn't bring much. If Auba had a bad day, I've still seen him get a goal regardless.
  • Pooter
    2794 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 21
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50130650

6 nominations for the ballon d’or
  • tilen11
    Gervonta wrote: »
    Pooter wrote: »

Complete joke , where is Origi?

Thats the spirit
  • Gervonta
    4058 posts National Call-Up
    Gervonta wrote: »
    Pooter wrote: »

Complete joke , where is Origi?

Thats the spirit

Anything for a few likes :trollface:
  • Pooter
    2794 posts Fans' Favourite
    Apparently its 7 Liverpool players on the list not the advertised 6 which the bbc said earlier
  • Argie8
    5855 posts Big Money Move
    Aubameyang is a class player, but clearly very different to Bobby. they could both work in our system imo. Aubameyang was quaity under Klopp. Obviously would require a tactical shift though
  • El_Nino
    3519 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 22
    Argie8 wrote: »
    Aubameyang is a class player, but clearly very different to Bobby. they could both work in our system imo. Aubameyang was quaity under Klopp. Obviously would require a tactical shift though

Auba could only work in place of Salah/Mane, you’d have to change your entire team completely to play him ST.

having him ST means going back to 4231, which means finding a proper 10 as you’d need to replace the creativity you’ve lost up front, that in turn takes legs out of your midfield, meaning the fullbacks have to be more reserved to stop them being constantly exposed, without the fullbacks providing as much width Salah and Mane have to do that pushing them wider than they’d like to be and giving them greater defensive responsibility for when the fullbacks do push up, reducing there goal threat.

Imo Firmino is the single most important player on your team, utterly irreplaceable for your set up, not only is he a class player in his own right but he’s the jigsaw piece that fits perfectly for Liverpool.
  • Argie8
    5855 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 22
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Argie8 wrote: »

Auba could only work in place of Salah/Mane, you’d have to change your entire team completely to play him ST.

having him ST means going back to 4231, which means finding a proper 10 as you’d need to replace the creativity you’ve lost up front, that in turn takes legs out of your midfield, meaning the fullbacks have to be more reserved to stop them being constantly exposed, without the fullbacks providing as much width Salah and Mane have to do that pushing them wider than they’d like to be and giving them greater defensive responsibility for when the fullbacks do push up, reducing there goal threat.

Imo Firmino is the single most important player on your team, utterly irreplaceable for your set up, not only is he a class player in his own right but he’s the jigsaw piece that fits perfectly for Liverpool.

our fullbacks are our most creative players imo. Bobby creates less than both of them and Salah. i think Klopp could do similar to what he did at Dortmund tbh with Aubameyang, Reus, etc. 433 would work . Dont need to change to 4231

Klopp could make it work. He's able to work with very different types of players and get results. He's done it throughout his career. I hate it when people say we would fall apart without Bobby lol.

I would probably put Bobby as top 3 in terms of most important, with Van Dijk and Salah ahead of him

Basically, what im saying is Auba would be good to come off the bench for us :trollface:
  • LFC Simon 98
    17728 posts World Class
    Milner RB FTW
  • tilen11
    Milner RB FTW

Good times.
  • Pugzilla
    16370 posts World Class
    Milner is backup LB brace yourself for Hendo RB
  • Wyojasond
    11934 posts Has That Special Something
    Milner RB FTW
    Milner RB FTW

Good times.
    Pugzilla wrote: »

Gomez RB, Lovren CB 🤮🤮🤮
  • tilen11
    Milner RB FTW
    Milner RB FTW

Good times.

Gomez RB, Lovren CB 🤮🤮🤮

Any combination works for me, just keep Hendo away from RB.
  • Wyojasond
    11934 posts Has That Special Something
    Milner RB FTW
    Milner RB FTW

Good times.

Gomez RB, Lovren CB 🤮🤮🤮

Any combination works for me, just keep Hendo away from RB.

We’ll all be hoping for Keira to start and you just know Milner will too so that should be a fun Genk game 🙄
  • SDoofus
    5588 posts Big Money Move
    Just seen that Robbo wasn’t one of our 7 Ballon d’Or nominees. Shocking stuff.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17728 posts World Class
    Robbo > Trent and it ain’t a debate for me. How he ain’t in I’ll never know