Comments

• TakeItSlow
    7492 posts League Winner
    SDoofus wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

“EliTe FinIsHeR”

He was obviously taking the mick mick.

Could say the same about most your comments on here

I’m guessing he can’t troll United fans right now because United did better against us than Arsenal did, so he’s taking his anger out on Liverpool, incoherently.

I mean you drew with us 1-1 at our place last season as well, so you can't really use that as an argument yet as United would lose away to you comprehensively.

@LFC Simon 98 I'd have Alisson, Mane, Salah, Van Dijk, Fabinho, Robbo and Trent over him in my team WITH a Vardy, Auba, Aguero and a few other strikers. You can't even replace the ones I named, which says a lot.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17721 posts World Class
    I think everyone will agree it would be easier to replace Mane or Salah than it would Firmino. But okay
  • El_Nino
    3513 posts National Call-Up
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Firmino big chances missed: 36
    Aubameyang big chances missed: 33

That sounds similar until you realize Firmino has 146 appearances to Auba's 57.

Roberto Firmino is elite.

Wow. If Firmino isn’t elite, then god only knows how poor Aubameyang must be, given supposably him being more clinical is his big plus over Firmino....
  • Ahmer50x
    19004 posts World Class
    El_Nino wrote: »

Wow. If Firmino isn’t elite, then god only knows how poor Aubameyang must be, given supposably him being more clinical is his big plus over Firmino....

The problem is we're trying to look at statistics. For @TakeItSlow a player is elite if they wear an Arsenal kit and **** if they don't
  • TakeItSlow
    7492 posts League Winner

Goal contributions tell a different story.
  • El_Nino
    3513 posts National Call-Up

The problem is we're trying to look at statistics. For @TakeItSlow a player is elite if they wear an Arsenal kit and **** if they don't
    In all fairness I think we’re forgetting the most telling stat, the good old eyeball test.

Plus Firmino is probably just lucky.
  • Ahmer50x
    19004 posts World Class

I mean, of course Auba has more goal contributions. Arsenal are a two man team. He's surrounded by Lacazette (who is admittedly good) and then its **** Xhaka and Pepe Le Fraud.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17721 posts World Class

But you were talking about who is clinical. Those stats show Auba misses a lot more big chances that Firmino does. You can’t argue it

Although I’m sure you’ll try
  • TakeItSlow
    7492 posts League Winner

But you were talking about who is clinical. Those stats show Auba misses a lot more big chances that Firmino does. You can’t argue it

That's probably because Auba has a lot more chances due to being a better striker.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17721 posts World Class

That's probably because Auba has a lot more chances due to being a better striker.

Or. And I may be crazy. He gets fed to score the goals because he’s your man most likely to get a goal. Firmino is 3rd with Mane and Salah ahead of him. But that shows when the big chances come Firmino finishes more of them than Auba
  • TakeItSlow
    7492 posts League Winner

Or. And I may be crazy. He gets fed to score the goals because he’s your man most likely to get a goal. Firmino is 3rd with Mane and Salah ahead of him. But that shows when the big chances come Firmino finishes more of them than Auba

Ahmher just said we're a 2 man team so can't be getting fed that much.
  • Ahmer50x
    19004 posts World Class

Aubameyang: 2.63 shots per game
    Firmino: 2.4 shots per game

Seems pretty similar. Just looks like Auba is a bottler.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17721 posts World Class

Ahmher just said we're a 2 man team so can't be getting fed that much.

Ahh. Deflection. Good move
  • Gervonta
    4058 posts National Call-Up
    Firmino is the better player tbf. You can’t judge a player just solely off stats you’ve got to watch them first hand. Look at Leicester title winning side mahrez and Vardy got all the plaudits because of the big numbers they put up in stats but nothing was said about Kante he wasn’t making the headlines but it was all his dirty work that allowed the likes of Mahrez to stay up field.

Salah and Mane got a lot of plaudits and rightfully so until people started to recognise Firmino’s work on and off the ball that created the space for them.

If we talk goal contributions Abraham has 10 this season inc super cup, Kane has 8. But everyone knows from watching first hand Abraham is no where near Kane’s level.
  • arsenalap
    5638 posts Big Money Move
    Gervonta wrote: »
    Firmino is the better player tbf. You can’t judge a player just solely off stats you’ve got to watch them first hand. Look at Leicester title winning side mahrez and Vardy got all the plaudits because of the big numbers they put up in stats but nothing was said about Kante he wasn’t making the headlines but it was all his dirty work that allowed the likes of Mahrez to stay up field.

Salah and Mane got a lot of plaudits and rightfully so until people started to recognise Firmino’s work on and off the ball that created the space for them.

If we talk goal contributions Abraham has 10 this season inc super cup, Kane has 8. But everyone knows from watching first hand Abraham is no where near Kane’s level.

Hmmm.. lots of people knew how good Kante was?

And the stats argument goes over years not just 3 months.

I think Auba is the better player, but I think Firmino is very good player too.

Aubas main strength is his movement, its unreal. But he is also very underrated on his overall play. His crossing is very good too.
  • Gervonta
    arsenalap wrote: »

Aubas main strength is his movement, its unreal. But he is also very underrated on his overall play. His crossing is very good too.

He didn’t get all the plaudits like I said Vardy and mahrez got all the plaudits it wasn’t until he got the move to Chelsea that a lot of people starting taking notice of his importance to that sides

there’s other examples you could use, benzema’s dirty work at madrid creating space wasn’t getting plaudits it deserves because Ronaldo was scoring the goals so he got the plaudits ,Firmino wasn’t really getting recognised for his Dirty work creating space because salah was scoring goals.

I like PEA but I think the more complete player is definitely Firmino.
  • arsenalap
    5638 posts Big Money Move

He didn’t get all the plaudits like I said Vardy and mahrez got all the plaudits it wasn’t until he got the move to Chelsea that a lot of people starting taking notice of his importance to that sides

there’s other examples you could use, benzema’s dirty work at madrid creating space wasn’t getting plaudits it deserves because Ronaldo was scoring the goals so he got the plaudits ,Firmino wasn’t really getting recognised for his Dirty work creating space because salah was scoring goals.

Fair on your Firmino opinion.

Not sure I agree with Kante, a lot of people knew how good he was at the end of the season.

I wouldn't trade Firmino for Auba let's put it that way but I guess some Liverpool fans would say the same thing.
  • Gervonta

Fair on your Firmino opinion.

Not sure I agree with Kante, a lot of people knew how good he was at the end of the season.

I wouldn't trade Firmino for Auba let's put it that way but I guess some Liverpool fans would say the same thing.

Exactly end of the season because mahrez and Vardy we’re taking all of the plaudits eventhough it was Kante’s work that allowed them to attack without having to worry about losing it because he’d break up the counter.

I’d personally prefer Firmino over PEA just because he’s got more to his game.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17721 posts World Class
    I agree with Ger here. Don’t think Kante was even mentioned on MOTD/Sky till late in the season. Hardly anyone gave him the recognition initially
  • Ahmer50x
    19004 posts World Class
    Kante was widely recognized as being amazing. Remember the old quote about how Leicester effectively had 3 in midfield because Kane counted as 2?
  • Gervonta
    Kante was widely recognized as being amazing. Remember the old quote about how Leicester effectively had 3 in midfield because Kane counted as 2?

Not until near enough the end of the season, most people were praising Vardy and mahrez for scoring.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17721 posts World Class

Aye at the end of the season but early on not so much. I know it’s stupid logic but fifa didn’t upgrade him. Drinkwater was getting more praise for his semi accurate punts up to Vardy
  • LFC Simon 98
    17721 posts World Class
    Watch him still not get a TOTY in Fifa cause all the guys who voted don’t think he’s ‘meta’ enough ffs