Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• SDoofus
    5684 posts Big Money Move
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Edited, the United fan in question isn’t worth arguing with.

Amazing how the result was better for them than Liverpool, yet the only toxicity I’ve seen has come from United fans on here.

Unlucky for you guys considering the goal, do you think it’s a different game with Salah?

I think with Salah, the front 3 would have been more cohesive, but if I were to use hindsight after that game, I’d say we missed having a player like Ox/Keita in the midfield. United just sat back, so we didn’t need 2 hard working CMs. We needed at least one who can either run at players, or probe passes around sweetly. The fact Keita completed 1 less pass than Henderson did, having only played 13 mins, is damning. The difference it made, having him and Ox on later in the game, was massive, even Lallana was showing that having a player with a good touch in a game like this is vital.

Really thought Ox had won it with that long range shot that flashed past the post in the last few mins.
  • Pugzilla
    16401 posts World Class
    Kinda sad I missed all the drama in here with sad kids chatting shi* but realized I would just end up feeling sorry their lives suck so bad.

As for the game, easily our worst performance of the year (even worse than Napoli) Hendo needs to forget the game. He had a legendary stinker and has been so good for about a year. Still angry that Chaudry injured Salah so bad he wasn’t fit. Very bitter he couldn’t play while he got a yellow. Overall happy we got a point and still can be invincible (although I doubt it happens)
  • Pxul_
    8061 posts League Winner
    Against Genk, I’d like us to try a different midfield, play something along:

Lallana/Ox Fabinho Keita(if fit)
  • Gervonta
    4058 posts National Call-Up
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    Kinda sad I missed all the drama in here with sad kids chatting shi* but realized I would just end up feeling sorry their lives suck so bad.

As for the game, easily our worst performance of the year (even worse than Napoli) Hendo needs to forget the game. He had a legendary stinker and has been so good for about a year. Still angry that Chaudry injured Salah so bad he wasn’t fit. Very bitter he couldn’t play while he got a yellow. Overall happy we got a point and still can be invincible (although I doubt it happens)

Tbf there wasn’t a lot of drama , the pool and united fans should be proud , the match day thread was made and everyone was getting on fine , little banter it was a credit to all involved apart from rival fans who tried to bait supporters all game.
  • Pugzilla
    16401 posts World Class
    Gervonta wrote: »
    Pugzilla wrote: »

Tbf there wasn’t a lot of drama , the pool and united fans should be proud , the match day thread was made and everyone was getting on fine , little banter it was a credit to all involved apart from rival fans who tried to bait supporters all game.

That’s great to hear. Really good to hear.

• Pxul_
    8061 posts League Winner
    I’ve just been scuba diving in Greece and my instructor literally looks like a younger version of Klopp lmao.
  • SDoofus
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    I’ve just been scuba diving in Greece and my instructor literally looks like a younger version of Klopp lmao.

Where in Greece are you?
  • Pxul_
    8061 posts League Winner
    Ixia in Rhodes. Beautiful place and 25° opposed to the 9° in England 😂
  • Pietu
    2615 posts Fans' Favourite

9 is good considering we are in October
  • Pietu

It's just under 5 in Finland, call me crazy but I wouldn’t trade this weather for the one in Greece
  • SDoofus

Nice. My fiancé and I were in Greece in the summer on a mini travel kind of holiday. We started off in Athens, then went to an island called Syros, which was amazing and then ended the trip in Santorini which, personally, was disappointing. Way too busy, although it was a stunning place.

We’re off to Spain today until Friday, although the weather where we are staying isn’t looking that great.
  • Pietu
    SDoofus wrote: »

Nice. My fiancé and I were in Greece in the summer on a mini travel kind of holiday. We started off in Athens, then went to an island called Syros, which was amazing and then ended the trip in Santorini which, personally, was disappointing. Way too busy, although it was a stunning place.

We’re off to Spain today until Friday, although the weather where we are staying isn’t looking that great.

What's the weather looking like?
  • SDoofus
    Pietu wrote: »

Rain today and tomorrow. Sunny intervals on Wednesday before finally a proper sunny day on Thursday (and Friday but we are coming home that day). 16-17 degrees today and tomorrow. Low 20s for the rest.
  • Pietu
    Pietu wrote: »

Rain today and tomorrow. Sunny intervals on Wednesday before finally a proper sunny day on Thursday (and Friday but we are coming home that day). 16-17 degrees today and tomorrow. Low 20s for the rest.

Not the perfect weather but not too bad. Enjoy the holiday!
  • Snugglebites
    1159 posts Professional
    We've come a long way since our famous 0 - 1 win away to Bolton.
  • TakeItSlow
    7528 posts League Winner

Never try to compare this scrub with Aguero or Aubameyang again please. Had another one where Mane put it on a plate for him and he pea rolled it into De Gea.
  • TakeItSlow
    7528 posts League Winner
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

Never try to compare this scrub with Aguero or Aubameyang again please. Had another one where Mane put it on a plate for him and he pea rolled it into De Gea.

You’ve attempted this nonsense before and someone responded with a video of Aubameyang missing an open goal. He also missed an open goal against us, as well as bottling a one on one, where Matip got back and snatched it away.

Absolute idiocy to make a statement like that based on one game. Grow up.

His finishing is poor, end of story, proved even more so in this game.
  • SDoofus
    edited October 21

You’ve attempted this nonsense before and someone responded with a video of Aubameyang missing an open goal. He also missed an open goal against us, as well as bottling a one on one, where Matip got back and snatched it away.

Like I said in my edit, Auba has 7, Bobby has 6. Not a lot between them so far in terms of how good a player they’ve been when it comes to contributing to goals.

No one ever said Firmino should be scoring as many as Auba. They play in very different roles.
  • TakeItSlow
    7528 posts League Winner

Like I said in my edit, Auba has 7, Bobby has 6. Not a lot between them so far in terms of how good a player they’ve been when it comes to contributing to goals.

No one ever said Firmino should be scoring as many as Auba. They play in very different roles.

Auba has 8 goals in 821 minutes played this season.

Firmino is at 3 goals in 925 minutes played this season.

Firmino has a shot accuracy of 36% so far this season. Auba also has very similar tackling stats and such. Firmino is not an elite number 9. To take Liverpool to the next level he should be behind a proper world class striker.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17784 posts World Class
    edited October 21

“EliTe FinIsHeR”
  • TakeItSlow
    7528 posts League Winner

“EliTe FinIsHeR”

He was obviously taking the mick mick.
  • SDoofus
    edited October 21

Firmino has a shot accuracy of 36% so far this season. Auba also has very similar tackling stats and such. Firmino is not an elite number 9. To take Liverpool to the next level he should be behind a proper world class striker.

Utterly pointless comparison, as they play very different roles.

Take Liverpool to the next level? Lmao. Firmino, in his role, has played a pivotal part in Liverpool being 6 points clear at the top, having played Chelsea and United away, as well as Arsenal and Leicester at home already.

What level are you talking about? 8 wins and 1 draw in 9 games is elite form, and probably the best form any team in the world has right now. Stop chatting absolute nonsense.
  • TakeItSlow
    7528 posts League Winner

Take Liverpool to the next level? Lmao. Firmino, in his role, has played a pivotal part in Liverpool being 6 points clear at the top, having played Chelsea and United away, as well as Arsenal and Leicester at home already.

What level are you talking about? 8 wins and 1 draw in 9 games is elite form, and probably the best form any team in the world has right now. Stop chatting absolute nonsense.

6 points clear is nothing, as shown last season.
  • SDoofus

6 points clear is nothing, as shown last season.

What’s that got to do with this debate? We are 6 points clear right now and currently we are the most in form team in the world’s top leagues. So it is moronic to claim that moving Firmino would “take us to the next level” when there is no better level anywhere else in the world right now :D in other words, we are already at the top level with Firmino playing exactly where he has been.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17784 posts World Class
    Firmino is the key component to a team that has 122 points out of a possible 141 and your seriously saying he isn’t world class
  • SDoofus
    Firmino is the key component to a team that has 122 points out of a possible 141 and your seriously saying he isn’t world class

Beyond comprehension to suggest otherwise. We’ve lost 1 PL game in 47 and won the CL, but we need Firmino behind a striker to take us to the next level :D