Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• SDoofus
    6089 posts Big Money Move
    tilen11 wrote: »
    We managed to get a point and after that performance Im happy with that. Atkinson was terrible, VAR refs were terrible, we were terrible. All hail Adam Lallana

Really don’t understand how Oliver didn’t get this game. Atkinson always drops a clanger against us. Penalty not given against Leicester last season on Naby, I think was him? And of course the Kane debacle in 2017/18. There’ll be more but that’s off the top of my head. Today was disgraceful.
  • tilen11
    5545 posts Big Money Move
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    Didn't play well today.

Wonder why Atkinson never ran over and looked at the VAR screen himself.

A bit too inconsistent VAR system now.

PL doesnt use that for VAR...

They used it yesterday so yeah they do use it.
  • tilen11
    SDoofus wrote: »
    We managed to get a point and after that performance Im happy with that. Atkinson was terrible, VAR refs were terrible, we were terrible. All hail Adam Lallana

Really don’t understand how Oliver didn’t get this game. Atkinson always drops a clanger against us. Penalty not given against Leicester last season on Naby, I think was him? And of course the Kane debacle in 2017/18. There’ll be more but that’s off the top of my head. Today was disgraceful.

Atkinson was also the one who didnt give Maguire a deserved red card last year. Terrible ref.
  • Snugglebites
    1226 posts Professional
    Still 4 points better off this season.

Ox & Naby looked good.

A goal for the master of the Cruyff turn, The Llama.
  • Kellnerr
    2833 posts Fans' Favourite
    I actually rate Atkinson but today he didn't really well.
  • tilen11
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    I actually rate Atkinson but today he didn't really well.

He is bad and has been for quite some time. He is down there with East, Mason, Dean etc.
  • SDoofus
    Ox, Keita and Lallana changed the game for us today. Having midfielders who actually have a good touch and can drive forward with the ball makes all the difference. I really hope Klopp starts playing Ox or Naby over Henderson. Henderson was useless today.
  • tilen11
    Ox, Keita and Lallana changed the game for us today. Having midfielders who actually have a good touch and can drive forward with the ball makes all the difference. I really hope Klopp starts playing Ox or Naby over Henderson. Henderson was useless today.

Ox made an instant impact. It was so nice to see him going forward instantly when he got the ball.
  • tilen11
    edited October 20
    I am happy that we managed to get a point after our performance, but overall Im disappointed. Klopp should have gone all out. I know its a derby, its OT but we should win this comfortably. United made us play their game because we allowed them to. I really hate when we play with Hendo-Fab-Gini since there is no creativity, meanwhile Ox, Keita are on the bench. We cant be "scared" to lose by playing it safe from the start.
  • Kellnerr
    Yeah Ox did really well when he came on. If Salah is out for a couple more games he should start over Origi imo. All 3 of them should hopefully get starts over the next 2 games. Away to Genk midweek and Spurs at home next weekend.
  • SDoofus
    If we beat Spurs next weekend, I’ll be very happy with 4 points from United/Spurs.
  • Kellnerr
    If we beat Spurs next weekend, I’ll be very happy with 4 points from United/Spurs.

That's what I actually expect from those 2 games. A draw at OT and win against Spurs. I mean, United aren't really good this season, but I thought we'd struggle again at their place and might not win. Spurs however are completely **** and we should smash them at home.
  • Wyojasond
    12199 posts Has That Special Something

To be fair to Hendo, he was pushed out wide for a good while. Has no business being that close to the touchline. Origi had a worse game for me.
  • tilen11
    edited October 20

To be fair to Hendo, he was pushed out wide for a good while. Has no business being that close to the touchline. Origi had a worse game for me.

He is wide quite a bit tbh was not the first game when he was playing almost as a right mid. Thats actually quite common and he never was that bad but today he was garbage and completely useless.
  • LFC Simon 98
    18205 posts World Class

He is wide quite a bit tbh was not the first game when he was playing almost as a right mid. Thats actually quite common and he never was that bad but today he was garbage and completely useless.

He just seemed to get in the way more than anything down that side
  • Kellnerr
    Our entire starting midfield was bad today. Gini was great in the first 20 minutes, but then disappeared. Fabinho needed too much time for his actions and played mainly side passes. Hendo useless today. With Salah out we would have needed more attacking talent in midfield from the start, imo.
  • tilen11

He just seemed to get in the way more than anything down that side

Like he was totally lost. Watching him reminded me of how bad Lallana was last year in some games hes played. Just lost, in the way and doing nothing beneficial.
  • LFC Simon 98
    18205 posts World Class
    Naby and Lallana really impressed me off the bench. Both the only attackers we have who showed a bit of composure. Everyone else seemed too hyped in a way. Everyone was trying to play at 100mph all the time and it just didn’t flow at all.
  • SDoofus
    edited October 20
    Tell you what, though. This team is unreal at grabbing a crucial goal to rescue the game. Today was 100% the type of game we would have normally gone on to lose in years gone by, kind of like how we couldn’t quite grab the equaliser in the same fixture in 2017/18. I had resigned to defeat by the 80th minute, but Klopp’s Liverpool once again showed me that I should never stop believing that we will get that important goal.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    15220 posts World Class
    Klopp first in for his press conference.

"I was 100 per cent sure VAR would overrule (Rashford goal). The ref let the game run because he has VAR. I'm not angry, but it's just wow. I saw it clear and it was a foul. Mr Atkinson would have whistled if there was no VAR."

£200k and a 3 game touchline ban incoming.
  • SDoofus
    So, we’re 6 points ahead at the top, having played Chelsea and United away, as well as Arsenal and Leicester at home.

City, in comparison, have only played Spurs at home.

A bit of perspective to underline how well we are doing this season.

Once we get Spurs and City out of the way in our next 3 games, our fixtures look ridiculously kind (as they would do, having played 6 big games already), whereas City’s big games will only just be getting started.

If we can remain ahead of City after 6:30pm on 10th November, once the final whistle has gone between Liverpool vs City, then we are in a very, very strong position.
  • tilen11
    Top stuff from Keita
  • SDoofus
    Agreed. He looks so classy on the ball. I think we can expect him to maybe start against Genk, and then Arsenal in the EFL Cup. If he does well in them, it’ll be time to start him in the PL, imo.
  • tilen11
    Agreed. He looks so classy on the ball. I think we can expect him to maybe start against Genk, and then Arsenal in the EFL Cup. If he does well in them, it’ll be time to start him in the PL, imo.

Hopefully since we need him badly
  • Apollo
    16257 posts World Class
    Will have to start keeping more of an eye on his progress like I mentioned the other week, now he's back as a potential FPL option later in the season
  • Pooter
    3338 posts National Call-Up
    Oh well shame about the two points dropped, shame Salah didn't play either
  • El_Nino
    3932 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 21
    Edited, the United fan in question isn’t worth arguing with.

Amazing how the result was better for them than Liverpool, yet the only toxicity I’ve seen has come from United fans on here.

Unlucky for you guys considering the goal, do you think it’s a different game with Salah?
  • Pietu
    3385 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 21
    A draw against 12 men, really not that bad of a result but oh boy is Atkinson bad
  • Gervonta
    4058 posts National Call-Up
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Edited, the United fan in question isn’t worth arguing with.

Amazing how the result was better for them than Liverpool, yet the only toxicity I’ve seen has come from United fans on here.

Unlucky for you guys considering the goal, do you think it’s a different game with Salah?

Lmao you’ll find most of the toxicity is from certain fans of both Liverpool and united and even one apparent Chelsea fan who apparently doesn’t support either club was spurting toxic nonsense.