Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Devers
    7429 posts League Winner
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Devers wrote: »
    No, overhyped english with poor attitude

Not think Klopp could get the best out of him? He is only 23.

I dont think klopp would take the chance on him, klopp has to connect with a player, and as far as i know, when dele joined spurs he changed after a while, cocky and bad attitude, that wouldnt sit well with klopp.

We nearly signed him before spurs. But i think the deal fell through over 500k, and he is a liverpool fan.
  • Tornado31619
    17904 posts World Class
    Score predictions? Don’t think you’ll slap us, but you should win nonetheless. 2-0 Liverpool.
    tilen11 wrote: »
    This has been mentioned before but do people think Dele Alli would be a good replacement for Hendo?

Hendo is good but it might be worth looking to upgrade

“Dele Alli” and “upgrade” do not belong with each other in the same sentence, unless you are talking about upgrading Alli.

Sad but true. He was outstanding when he came to Spurs and is currently just a shadow of what he was.

Probably hasn’t helped that they aren’t playing to his strengths, either.
  • Tornado31619
    17904 posts World Class
    SDoofus wrote: »
    I like Dele. Met him a few times when we were kids, as he was in with some of the guys I used to play football down the park with (I’m talking when I was like 14 or 15, so Dele was only around 8 or so lmao, he used to come along with my friend’s little brother, Daniel Nti (who actually played for Worcester. I don’t know what he’s doing these days though). So it was really nice to kind of watch Dele’s rise at MK Dons and I always wanted him to come to Liverpool. Though my local friendships, I’ve been able to meet him quite a few times, before I moved to my own place away from MK. Pretty sure he’s a Liverpool fan.

People say he’s rubbish these days, though. So I dunno.

I think he was really keen on signing for you, but the deal kind of just fell apart after Alli couldn’t meet Gerrard due to the latter being asleep at the time.
  • Ahmer50x
    20007 posts Club Captain
    Score predictions? Don’t think you’ll slap us, but you should win nonetheless. 2-0 Liverpool.
    tilen11 wrote: »
    This has been mentioned before but do people think Dele Alli would be a good replacement for Hendo?

Hendo is good but it might be worth looking to upgrade

“Dele Alli” and “upgrade” do not belong with each other in the same sentence, unless you are talking about upgrading Alli.

Sad but true. He was outstanding when he came to Spurs and is currently just a shadow of what he was.

Probably hasn’t helped that they aren’t playing to his strengths, either.

3-1 Liverpool
  • SDoofus
    6201 posts Big Money Move
    0-3
  • LFC Simon 98
    18248 posts World Class
    Klopps comments in the pres conference make me think he’s confident of smashing them
  • Ahmer50x
    20007 posts Club Captain

So this is definitely about to change but still :lol:
  • Apollo
    16362 posts World Class
    If Martial starts, 2-1 to Liverpool. If not, 2-0.
  • ChrisLFC
    7158 posts Big Money Move
    I like Dele. Met him a few times when we were kids, as he was in with some of the guys I used to play football down the park with (I’m talking when I was like 14 or 15, so Dele was only around 8 or so lmao, he used to come along with my friend’s little brother, Daniel Nti (who actually played for Worcester. I don’t know what he’s doing these days though). So it was really nice to kind of watch Dele’s rise at MK Dons and I always wanted him to come to Liverpool. Though my local friendships, I’ve been able to meet him quite a few times, before I moved to my own place away from MK. Pretty sure he’s a Liverpool fan.

I think he was really keen on signing for you, but the deal kind of just fell apart after Alli couldn’t meet Gerrard due to the latter being asleep at the time.

Alli signed for Spurs cause Gerrard was sleeping? What? :D
  • Wyojasond
    12232 posts Has That Special Something
    ChrisLFC wrote: »

Alli signed for Spurs cause Gerrard was sleeping? What? :D

I remember seeing that rumor when it happened too. Alli was a massive Gerrard fan growing up and wanted to meet him before he finalized the deal. Guess Gerrard forgot to set an alarm and missed the meeting. Alli got butt hurt, and went to Spurs 🤷‍♂️

Sure there was way more to it than that, but I do remember seeing some stories when it happened.
  • Wyojasond
    I feel good about today. As always it’s gonna be a dirty game so hopefully we can come through with no issues. Glad Herrera left to be honest, he was always a bulldozer in this game and never saw cards.

Anything less than 2-0 will be a bit disappointing in my eyes, but it’s Old Trafford so who ******* knows what will happen 😂
  • SDoofus
    The thing about OT is whenever we go there, our players seem incapable of completing simple passes.

If we can not do that this time, it should be a decent win. I’m expecting it to be similar to Chelsea where we scored some set pieces.
  • Ahmer50x
    20007 posts Club Captain
    Since we're talking the forum's two biggest fanbases, perhaps a match thread to merge the discussion may be a good idea? Thoughts?
  • Apollo
    16362 posts World Class
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Since we're talking the forum's two biggest fanbases, perhaps a match thread to merge the discussion may be a good idea? Thoughts?

A good idea imo
  • SDoofus
    Salah is out, apparently. Ffs.
  • LFC Simon 98
    18248 posts World Class
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Good shout
  • Ahmer50x
    20007 posts Club Captain
    Alright, I'll make the thread when the team news comes out in a few mins
  • Wyojasond

🤦‍♂️ Looks like De Gea is set to go for United too.
  • Apollo
    16362 posts World Class

🤦‍♂️ Looks like De Gea is set to go for United too.

Martial reportedly only on the bench but I think most people expected that due to a lack of match fitness
  • Wyojasond
    Is Shaqiri injured? Really surprised he doesn’t make the bench
  • LFC Simon 98
    18248 posts World Class
    Is Shaqiri injured? Really surprised he doesn’t make the bench

Resting him for the big games I guess
  • Littleland95
    17151 posts Moderator
    Liverpool have been awful this first halt.

VAR was unfortunately right to not allow Mane's goal. Just following the rules of the game.

United have never lost in PL after leading at half-time.
  • Pietu
    3524 posts National Call-Up
    We need Naby, unfortunately he probably isn't sharp yet
  • SDoofus
    Respectable draw, considering we were playing against 12 men and the VAR panel.
  • tilen11
    5555 posts Big Money Move
    We managed to get a point and after that performance Im happy with that. Atkinson was terrible, VAR refs were terrible, we were terrible. All hail Adam Lallana
  • Littleland95
    17151 posts Moderator
    Didn't play well today.

Wonder why Atkinson never ran over and looked at the VAR screen himself.

A bit too inconsistent VAR system now.
  • Kellnerr
    2841 posts Fans' Favourite
    Dropped points against a small team again, really need to win those games to win the title.
  • Wyojasond
    😂😂😂 Looks like Ox was having some fun with the United fans there at the end.

Ugly game from us, but typical from us at Old Trafford. Nice to save a late point. Thought the subs all looked good. Won’t be the last time we’ll need them to save us this year.
  • ViVaWhom
    8295 posts League Winner
    Didn't play well today.

Wonder why Atkinson never ran over and looked at the VAR screen himself.

A bit too inconsistent VAR system now.

PL doesnt use that for VAR...