Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• LFC Simon 98
    20202 posts Club Captain
    I’d love to see it being youngster vs youngsters. Think arsenal and us have the most potential to come through in the next few years (Chelsea a lot of talent too). But would be a fun watch
  • Argie8
    6318 posts Big Money Move
    We have 1 loss in 47 league games. Let that sink in B)
  • Cyodine
    2775 posts Fans' Favourite

Maybe that will keep Barca from approaching anymore Liverpool players. In the end Coutinho is wishing Bayern buy him because Barca don't want him. He could have stayed and been loved by all.
  • tilen11
    6231 posts Big Money Move
    Tbf I hate palace. But they do us a favour and I’ll buy a Zaha shirt

Ill buy Tomkins jersey and happily wear it 24/7
  • tilen11

Enough cash to sign Son in the summer :trollface:
  • LFC Simon 98
    20202 posts Club Captain
    Argie8 wrote: »

And we were 11mm from not losing it :(
  • Argie8
    Argie8 wrote: »

And we were 11mm from not losing it :(

feelsbad :'(
  • Wyojasond
    15057 posts World Class
    I’ll never get tired of watching that 😎 Happy Birthday to TAA

• Flapjack
    7061 posts Big Money Move
    I’ll never get tired of watching that 😎 Happy Birthday to TAA

23 assists in 97 games from RB. CL winner. What a talent.
  • Flapjack
    7061 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2019
    Also, a special shout out to Mane, who got his 50th premier league goal in 100 apps for Liverpool. Some of the finishes are unreal but that late winner at goodison is right up there for me.

• Sercs
    19222 posts World Class
    My favourite Mane goal has to be the Bayern goal, pure class. Plus the composure
  • Pugzilla
    17329 posts World Class
    My favorite Mane was the fourth goal at the Emerites on opening day a few years back. What a smash that was.
  • LFC Simon 98
    20202 posts Club Captain
    His first goal that was right?

I love the strike of his left vs City at Anfield. Beaut that was. Goodison one was a class moment. also enjoyed the 2 he got vs Spurs in his first season where he just used his pace over and over against Davies
  • Pugzilla
    17329 posts World Class
    His first goal that was right?

I love the strike of his left vs City at Anfield. Beaut that was. Goodison one was a class moment. also enjoyed the 2 he got vs Spurs in his first season where he just used his pace over and over against Davies

Wow just looked it up and it was his first goal, which is probably the reason I think about the goal with the fondness I do. All I remember about the goal was how hopeful it made me for the future of the team. How things after that goal went in seemed to be finally getting better.

• SDoofus
    6430 posts Big Money Move
    Favourite Mane goal... mm. That's hard.

I reckon for me, it's the backheel against Watford that he somehow lifted over the goalkeeper.
  • Argie8
    Mane is such a God honestly. He's had too many amazing moments to pinpoint a favorite of mine
  • SDoofus
    He really has gone up a level over the past 2 seasons. I wonder if Salah's arrival got the best out of him? As he seems the type that doesn't want to be second best, so it may have pushed him to be better than ever. He's done this so well now that the opinion of who is better between Mane and Salah is fairly evenly split these days.
  • SDoofus
    edited October 2019
    From the beginning of last season, to right now:

Mane:
    Goals: 34 (including the 2 from Super Cup win)
    Assists: 3

Salah:
    Goals: 33
    Assists: 13

I do wonder if Mane genuinely lacks creativity, or whether this is by tactical design, as his assist numbers are shocking for his position.
  • Apollo
    20607 posts Club Captain
    edited October 2019
    This goes for any club, personally I don't think it matters if one of the two categories are lacking if the other makes up for it. If he's got an outstanding goalscoring record then he can get away with not creating much. Same as if someone is outstanding creatively and gets loads of assists then he's still directly contributing, so I wouldn't be too worried if they're not the one putting the ball in the back of the net themselves.
  • Pugzilla
    17329 posts World Class
    Apollo wrote: »
    This goes for any club, personally I don't think it matters if one of the two categories are lacking if the other makes up for it. If he's got an outstanding goalscoring record then he can get away with not creating much. Same as if someone is outstanding creatively and gets loads of assists then he's still directly contributing, so I wouldn't be too worried if they're not the one putting the ball in the back of the net themselves.

I agree and also I would say that even if Mane is a bit of a ball hog at least the others know what to do then consistently. Like maybe take a run unselfishly that will occupy people or look to get into position for a rebound.

• Teh Zombz
    4515 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2019
    who would you be more upset to see leave?(mane/salah)
  • ChrisLFC
    7345 posts League Winner
    Mane
  • Pxul_
    9805 posts League Winner
    Mane

I feel like it’s expected that Salah will move on.
  • LFC Simon 98
    20202 posts Club Captain
    I love Mane, absolutely adore him, but if Salah leaves it would be worse for me. I like them evenly but I feel Salah has that extra bit of prestige around him if that even makes sense.
  • tilen11
    Fav Mane goal has to be the one against Bayern.. class
  • Pietu
    7377 posts Big Money Move
    Too many Mane goals to choose from :lol:
  • Tornado31619
    22835 posts Club Captain
    Most Mané goals are class TBH. Easily my favourite player from a rival team, even more so than KDB.

Needless to say, I rate him over Salah. And I don’t think you need to worry about either of them leaving whilst in their prime, because the only logical destination (Real) is an absolute shambles ATM.
  • SDoofus
    Mane is more replaceable, imo.

An elite left footed RW is rarer, and harder to replace.

I see Mane as someone who is more likely to leave, for some reason, not that I think it's very likely for either of them to leave any time soon, due to our status in the game currently, and the fact they're both on very long contracts and likely to cost just under £200m each.

Slightly off topic, but does anyone else have this stupid optimism that we've been playing the long game with Mbappe? No expenditure on signings this summer just gone and signing with Nike, etc. I can honestly see Liverpool being a place he would like to give a go, especially if we do really well again this year.

If that were to happen, then I can see Mane going.
  • Pugzilla
    17329 posts World Class
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Mane is more replaceable, imo.

An elite left footed RW is rarer, and harder to replace.

I see Mane as someone who is more likely to leave, for some reason, not that I think it's very likely for either of them to leave any time soon, due to our status in the game currently, and the fact they're both on very long contracts and likely to cost just under £200m each.

Slightly off topic, but does anyone else have this stupid optimism that we've been playing the long game with Mbappe? No expenditure on signings this summer just gone and signing with Nike, etc. I can honestly see Liverpool being a place he would like to give a go, especially if we do really well again this year.

If that were to happen, then I can see Mane going.

Been on that hype for almost two years now. His game is tailored perfect for Liverpool.