8117 posts League Winner
    edited September 18
    SDoofus wrote: »
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    Mike wrote: »
    Apparently Robertson has had to deactivate his twitter account? This new breed of Liverpool fans we've gotten over the last couple of great years has really brought about some poisonous people.
    New breed? :lol:

No one was telling Jonjo Shelvey or Rickie Lambert to kill themselves.

Success creates horrible fans.

You should know that as well as anyone would

was twitter even a thing back then.... players for sure werent on there

Lol wtf. Of course it was. Pretty sure it came out when I was still like 16 or 17 in school. Players definitely had Twitter in the 2010s. I mean, Rooney's famous "Hi rio do u want picking up in the morning pal" was probably around 2010 or 2011. cat Liverpool era was like 2014.

hmm i am gonna have to argue this tbh

i dont think Lambert even has Twitter account now lol

How can you possibly argue it?

by the fact, except a few, none of them have a joined date before 2014

my point still stands that it was nowhere near as popular or relevant back then in the football world
  • SDoofus
    5057 posts Big Money Move
    Mike wrote: »
    Apparently Robertson has had to deactivate his twitter account? This new breed of Liverpool fans we've gotten over the last couple of great years has really brought about some poisonous people.
    New breed? :lol:

No one was telling Jonjo Shelvey or Rickie Lambert to kill themselves.

Success creates horrible fans.

You should know that as well as anyone would

was twitter even a thing back then.... players for sure werent on there

Lol wtf. Of course it was. Pretty sure it came out when I was still like 16 or 17 in school. Players definitely had Twitter in the 2010s. I mean, Rooney's famous "Hi rio do u want picking up in the morning pal" was probably around 2010 or 2011. cat Liverpool era was like 2014.

hmm i am gonna have to argue this tbh

i dont think Lambert even has Twitter account now lol

How can you possibly argue it?

by the fact, except a few, none of them have a joined date before 2014

my point still stands that it was nowhere near as popular or relevant back then in the football world

Lol I mean, if we only look at the United team of 2011/12, the following were on Twitter at the time:

DDG
    Evra
    Rio
    Owen
    Hernandez
    Carrick
    Nani
    Young

Most of the ones who weren't on it then, are still not on it now.

Stop chatting rubbish. Twitter was most definitely booming during the time Lambert was here.
  • SDoofus
    Neymar and Ronaldo joined in 2010. Salah 2014. Torres 2011. Xabi Alonso 2010. Agger 2012. Ramos 2010. Ronaldinho 2009. Gary Neville 2011. Drogba 2010.

I could keep going, but I think I've proved it enough.
  • ViVaWhom
    8117 posts League Winner
    Neymar and Ronaldo joined in 2010. Salah 2014. Torres 2011. Xabi Alonso 2010. Agger 2012. Ramos 2010. Ronaldinho 2009. Gary Neville 2011. Drogba 2010.

I could keep going, but I think I've proved it enough.

there are 250 million official players, the data you are providing would still put you in extreme minority
  • SDoofus
    :D Bore off.
  • finsfan85
    12404 posts Has That Special Something
    United are not in Champions League. ViVa has been trolling excessively since yesterday. Coincidence?
  • Cyodine
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    Got Gomez in a Untradeable pack!
  • LFC Simon 98
    17256 posts World Class
    Cyodine wrote: »
    Got Gomez in a Untradeable pack!

Gimme gimme
  • SDoofus
    So what result do we expect this Sunday?
  • Cyodine
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 19
    3-1, Should be a fairly easy win for Liverpool. Chelsea's defence leaks goals and they may be without Mount which lessens their goal scoring threat.
  • SDoofus
    Just got this weird feeling that Frank is gonna pull off a tactical masterclass. Hope not, though. What's the word on Kante, Chelsea fans?
  • ViVaWhom
    8117 posts League Winner
    Chelsea have yet to win at home under Frank... what a game it would be to do it in
  • Pxul_
    7902 posts League Winner
    Kante plays we draw
    Kante doesn’t play we win
  • Wyojasond
    11557 posts Has That Special Something
    Considering all the injuries, we should be able to win this game easy enough. That being said, top 6 games are so hard to pick this year I think. Just look what happened with Spurs and City 😂

I’d say 3-1. Hopefully we don’t have to much of a hangover from Napoli.
  • SDoofus
    If we beat Chelsea, I think it will send the message that we could run away with it this year. If we slip up, suddenly, we look more vulnerable and City will get a boost.
  • Cyodine
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    I think Chelsea will sit back and play a 3 ATB. If they're without Emerson, Mount, and Kante, then it should be a comfortable win. I'm still thinking it will end 3-1.
  • finsfan85
    12404 posts Has That Special Something
    I think Chelsea will sit back and play a 3 ATB. If they're without Emerson, Mount, and Kante, then it should be a comfortable win. I'm still thinking it will end 3-1.

• SDoofus
    edited September 19
    finsfan85 wrote: »

@EA_Andy This is the second time @finsfan85 has posted this horrifying, skin crawling tweet, do something.
  • Cyodine
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    finsfan85 wrote: »

My sources are telling me that Kante and Emerson both have mild cases of diarrhea and will not start against Liverpool.
  • Wyojasond
    11557 posts Has That Special Something
    Ojo just hit an absolute rocket for Rangers against Feyenoord 😎
  • ViVaWhom
    8117 posts League Winner
    edited September 19
    EDIT: wrong thread
  • SDoofus
    Keita back in training now.
  • Pietu
    2130 posts Fans' Favourite
    Keita back in training now.

Good news!
  • Apollo
    14943 posts World Class
    edited September 20
    It's a massive if given he hasn't been able to for a while, but if he can stay fit do you think he'll be a consistent starter? Or would he rotate regularly with Ox etc? I think he could be a good FPL option later in the season if he would be starting consistently
  • Pxul_
    7902 posts League Winner
    Personally think he’s our best midfielder so I don’t see him getting rotated very often but it could be possible
  • SDoofus
    Apollo wrote: »
    It's a massive if given he hasn't been able to for a while, but if he can stay fit do you think he'll be a consistent starter? Or would he rotate regularly with Ox etc? I think he could be a good FPL option later in the season if he would be starting consistently

In an ideal world, our starting midfield consists of Fabinho, Wijnaldum and Keita. Got a bit of everything. I think if he was fit all the time, he would be playing as much as Fabinho currently is.
  • Apollo
    14943 posts World Class
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Personally think he’s our best midfielder so I don’t see him getting rotated very often but it could be possible

In an ideal world, our starting midfield consists of Fabinho, Wijnaldum and Keita. Got a bit of everything. I think if he was fit all the time, he would be playing as much as Fabinho currently is.

Thanks both of you, will keep an eye on how the final stages of his recovery / bringing him back into the team goes then
  • Kellnerr
    2575 posts Fans' Favourite
    Just don't rush him back in too early.
  • SDoofus
    edited September 20
    Pxul_ wrote: »

Thanks both of you, will keep an eye on how the final stages of his recovery / bringing him back into the team goes then

I'd say it's 90% likely that he will get a good run of games before succumbing to injury again :D

I've virtually given up on him, tbh.

He's our Bailly, and he reminds me of when we signed Aquilani, another player I was buzzing for.