Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• LFC Simon 98
    18219 posts World Class
    Awk shape of that **** me hi
  • Knew something like this would happen after not taking those chances.
  • Mike
    10067 posts Has That Special Something
    That's not what you would expect from the best center back of all time
  • Wyojasond
    12223 posts Has That Special Something
    Well ****. We knew it was gonna be a tough night, made it tougher for ourselves late on.

On to the weekend.
  • Devers
    7429 posts League Winner
    Ok, showed another replay of the pen, ya, he jumped into it looking for it. Bad call, var is useless
  • Congrats Napoli. Awful by Liverpool.

On to the next.
  • Devers
    7429 posts League Winner
    3 boys up front just didnt click tonight.
  • Kellnerr
    2833 posts Fans' Favourite
    I rather lose in the CL group stages than in the league. I mean we're going to advance anyway.

Alisson would have kicked both the ball and Robertson out of the danger zone there :lol:
  • Devers
    7429 posts League Winner
    Whole team look exhausted. Not only near the end, but all through the game from the first whistle
  • SDoofus
    6159 posts Big Money Move
    Devers wrote: »
    Ok, showed another replay of the pen, ya, he jumped into it looking for it. Bad call, var is useless

By the rules of VAR, it was correctly given, as it wasn’t a clear and obvious mistake.

Napoli continue to be our bogey team. I hope we don’t get them in the knock out stages.
  • LFC Simon 98
    18219 posts World Class
    GG Napoli. Done us 2 years in a row

Onto the weekend
  • El_Nino
    3949 posts National Call-Up
    Well the results tonight will make our game at the weekend even more interesting, both teams will be desperate to bounce back after CL losses.
  • ChrisLFC
    7158 posts Big Money Move
    Lost last year away vs Napoli. Away form in the CL is awful.

We lost four of six away games in the CL last season.
  • SDoofus
    edited September 17
    ChrisLFC wrote: »
    Lost last year away vs Napoli. Away form in the CL is awful.

We lost four of six away games in the CL last season.

Always seem to play Milner in them. He’s so bad.
  • Kellnerr
    2833 posts Fans' Favourite
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Well the results tonight will make our game at the weekend even more interesting, both teams will be desperate to bounce back after CL losses.

Any news on Mount's injury?
  • Sellish
    9518 posts League Winner
    I told you. You're missing out. EL is always a great night when you're guaranteed a win.
  • WryLucky
    1939 posts Play-Off Hero
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »

Any news on Mount's injury?

Should get some soon once Lampard speaks
  • Devers
    7429 posts League Winner
    SDoofus wrote: »

By the rules of VAR, it was correctly given, as it wasn’t a clear and obvious mistake.

Napoli continue to be our bogey team. I hope we don’t get them in the knock out stages.

To many technicalities with var, its is either is or it isnt, simple yes are no. Know need to complicate things.

Like the one at the weekend against newcastle where matip nearly got choke slammed and nothing given.
  • arsenalap
    6095 posts Big Money Move

To many technicalities with var, its is either is or it isnt, simple yes are no. Know need to complicate things.

Like the one at the weekend against newcastle where matip nearly got choke slammed and nothing given.

Well yes and no.

In this case VAR didnt do anything wrong.

Whilst it was a very soft pen, it wasnt a full dive and the ref originally gave it. Therefore it stood.
  • SDoofus
    edited September 17

It’s a very subjective call though. There was contact, but it was invited contact. 50% of people will say it was a dive, the other 50% will say it’s a foul. In that kind of situation, I don’t begrudge the ref’s initial decision not being overturned.
  • Devers
    7429 posts League Winner
    arsenalap wrote: »

Well yes and no.

Whilst it was a very soft pen, it wasnt a full dive and the ref originally gave it. Therefore it stood.

Ok.

Explain the newcastle one?
  • arsenalap
    6095 posts Big Money Move
    arsenalap wrote: »

Well yes and no.

Ok.

Explain the newcastle one?

I'm not saying VAR isn't broken because it is.

I'm just saying in this case nothing was wrong.
  • wth22
    10526 posts Has That Special Something
    Salah flopping in another big game, cover me shocked
  • Tropicaz XBL
    4388 posts National Call-Up
    wth22 wrote: »
    Salah flopping in another big game, cover me shocked

Only big games he seems to turn up in is stat padding against us ffs :D:(
  • Pugzilla
    16621 posts World Class
    Quite the angle here. If that's the angle they showed the official no way he can give that.

• SDoofus
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    Quite the angle here. If that's the angle they showed the official no way he can give that.

Not a clear and obvious error, imo.
  • Pugzilla
    16621 posts World Class
    Pugzilla wrote: »

Not a clear and obvious error, imo.

Honestly not even mad about the pen the team played like ****. Worst game I've seen from Robertson maybe ever. And at the time I thought it was the right call (to give it) so not fussed. Just saw this angle browsing and it kinda shows it was a blatant dive but life goes on.
  • SDoofus
    Yeah I do think it was a dive. He bought the penalty big time, but Robbo made it easy to give.
  • LFC Simon 98
    18219 posts World Class
    Yeah I do think it was a dive. He bought the penalty big time, but Robbo made it easy to give.

By pulling out? What else can he do?
  • wth22
    10526 posts Has That Special Something
    Liverpool fans moaning about 50-50 penalties, how do they not notice the irony?