• SDoofus
    5039 posts Big Money Move
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    I thought Gomez would play LB tbh 😂

Hope not, he's an awful full back.

He played quality at LB against Chelsea in the Super Cup (in Extra time)😂

I didn't feel the same way. It felt like he kept losing the ball trying to cut in when attacking.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17198 posts World Class
    I wouldn’t be surprised if we ‘only’ get say 12 points. Klopp just seems happy enough to do what needs to be done to get through
  • Wyojasond
    11539 posts Has That Special Something
    I wouldn’t be surprised if we ‘only’ get say 12 points. Klopp just seems happy enough to do what needs to be done to get through

Yeah I expect a pretty conservative team tonight to be honest.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17198 posts World Class
    I would actually be happy enough to see

Adrian
    Trent Matip VVD Gomez
    Gini Hendo Milner/Ox
    Front 3 of dreams
  • Pxul_
    7899 posts League Winner
    I hope Rhian gets a start towards the end of the group stage (when we have inevitably topped our group)
  • Wyojasond
    I hope Rhian gets a start towards the end of the group stage (when we have inevitably topped our group)

Have to think he starts against MK Dons now right?
  • Pxul_
    7899 posts League Winner

100%
  • Apollo
    14861 posts Has That Special Something

It'd be a missed opportunity from Klopp if he doesn't imo. Like with United, we have several players just about breaking into the senior team who are quite clearly too good for academy football. Seems like the same with Brewster from what I've read about him. Can't afford to miss these opportunities to play them when they come about.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17198 posts World Class
    Don’t know if anyone’s seen but John Stones out for about 5 weeks
  • LFC Simon 98
    17198 posts World Class
    I'm going to the MK Dons game in the Liverpool end B)

Enjoy man
  • SDoofus

Been posted in the City thread, but tbf no one goes into that desert.

Great news for us, awful news for City. Otamendi their only fit CB for a month.
  • Wyojasond
    edited September 17

100%
    Apollo wrote: »

It'd be a missed opportunity from Klopp if he doesn't imo. Like with United, we have several players just about breaking into the senior team who are quite clearly too good for academy football. Seems like the same with Brewster from what I've read about him. Can't afford to miss these opportunities to play them when they come about.

With Origi carrying an injury it makes even more sense. Hoever should get some time too. Wonder if he’ll play CB or RB though.

Have fun at the game Doofus. How’s Dons stadium? Honestly don’t know much about them other than everyone seems to hate the way they were formed 😂
  • SDoofus

100%
    Apollo wrote: »

With Origi carrying an injury it makes even more sense. However should get some time too. Wonder if he’ll play CB or RB though.

Have fun at the game Doofus. How’s Dons stadium? Honestly don’t know much about them other than everyone seems to hate the way they were formed 😂

It's a very impressive stadium for the level of team they are. I've only been about 2 or 3 times, and the last time was quite a few years ago.

stadium1000-16x9.jpg
  • LFC Simon 98
    17198 posts World Class

A City thread? Wouldn’t they need fans for one of those
  • LFC Simon 98
    17198 posts World Class
    People on twitter chatting about how lucky we are once again and all that

Do they not remember us going up against Bayern with Matip and Fabinho together at the back because VVD was suspended and Lovren/Gomez were both injured
  • Ahmer50x
    18120 posts World Class

Congrats on ending your title drought

City are done
  • Wyojasond
    People on twitter chatting about how lucky we are once again and all that

Do they not remember us going up against Bayern with Matip and Fabinho together at the back because VVD was suspended and Lovren/Gomez were both injured

I was just talking about this with someone. Happens to us last year and we get ripped to shreds by everyone online about no depth.

Happens to City and we’re just lucky again 😂 the hypocrisy never ceases to amaze me
  • City can use Walker, Rodri or Fernandinho as CB. Should be fine.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17198 posts World Class
    City can use Walker, Rodri or Fernandinho as CB. Should be fine.

He’s a RB (wasn’t great in a 3)
    He’s not a CB at all
    He’s 5’9

• Wyojasond
    Hearing we’ll be scouting Fabian Ruiz pretty hard at both games (not alone in this as he’s been linked Real Madrid, Barca and others)

I’ll be honest, I don’t know much about him. Missed both of the Napoli games last year.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17198 posts World Class
    Hearing we’ll be scouting Fabian Ruiz pretty hard at both games (not alone in this as he’s been linked Real Madrid, Barca and others)

I’ll be honest, I don’t know much about him. Missed both of the Napoli games last year.

He’s quality and I would love him. I never shut up about him last year lmao. Him and Allan are both superb
  • Wyojasond

He’s quality and I would love him. I never shut up about him last year lmao. Him and Allan are both superb

Comparable to any of our other midfielders or more of an attacking presence?
  • LFC Simon 98
    17198 posts World Class

Comparable to any of our other midfielders or more of an attacking presence?

He’s a hard one to compare to our lot. He covers ground well and is a big guy (like 6’2 or something) but his main attribute is definitely his passing/vision, finds those intricate through balls not many players can see. But also can go long to switch it up. I feel he’d suit our system fairly well.
  • Mike
    10004 posts Has That Special Something

To be fair, I think Mikes head is big enough that it covers the quota 😏
    Seems like a personal attack. I thought we were all above that around here, I guess not :neutral:
  • Wyojasond
    Mike wrote: »

To be fair, I think Mikes head is big enough that it covers the quota 😏
    Seems like a personal attack. I thought we were all above that around here, I guess not :neutral:

For someone who constantly comes in with snide comments and has said multiple times before that people overreact to much on these boards I find that quite laughable.....

That being said, if it really offended you that much, I have no issue being a bigger man and saying I apologize.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17198 posts World Class
    Adrian
    TAA
    Matip
    VVD
    Robbo
    Fab
    Hendo
    Milner
    Front 3 of dreams
  • Wyojasond
    edited September 17
    God I knew we were gonna throw Milner in at midfield 🤦‍♂️ @Pxul_ is gonna be pissed 😂