Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• TakeItSlow
    7203 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 12
    SDoofus wrote: »
    I just read that the Bobby Duncan and Ryan Kent sales have put Liverpool’s net transfer spend since Klopp’s arrival below £70m.

If you compare the quality of the squad that Jurgen Klopp inherited with the current squad and reflect on what £70m represents in the current transfer market, that's absolutely mental!

When you put it like that... absolutely crazy what Klopp and the recruitment team have done since he took over.

That can't be right?

VVD - £75M
    Alisson - £55M
    Keita - £54M
    Fabinho - £40M
    Salah - £37M
    Mane - £37M
    Ox - £40M
    Gini - £24M
    Shaqiri - £13M
    Robbo - £9M
    Grujic - £6M
    Karius - £5M
    Klavan - £5M

= £400M

Coutinho - £130M
    Benteke - £28M
    Sakho - £25M
    Ings - £19M
    Ibe - £16M
    Allen - £14M
    Ward - £12M
    Skrtel - £5M
    Lucas - £5M
    Stewart - £5M
    Llori - £3M
    Alberto - £3M
    Smith - £3M

= £268M

Then whatever Kent/Duncan were sold for on top. So he's spent around £120M net. You've waited for the perfect signings, best way to do it. In comparison in that same time period (Since the summer of 2016) Manchester United have spent £562M on new players and got absolutely nowhere near to what Liverpool are achieving, speaks volumes.

United fans moan about the owners, but I think they need to look at their recruitment team personally.
  • Apollo
    14406 posts Has That Special Something
    @TakeItSlow It is possible to have a discussion without bringing United into it :D
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    I just read that the Bobby Duncan and Ryan Kent sales have put Liverpool’s net transfer spend since Klopp’s arrival below £70m.

If you compare the quality of the squad that Jurgen Klopp inherited with the current squad and reflect on what £70m represents in the current transfer market, that's absolutely mental!

When you put it like that... absolutely crazy what Klopp and the recruitment team have done since he took over.

United fans moan about the owners, but I think they need to look at their recruitment team personally.

Also, the vast, vast majority of the "moaning" on this forum by United fans has been about Woodward and Judge, who are those responsible for bringing in the players. Not sure how you've managed to forget that :D
  • ViVaWhom
    7958 posts League Winner
    allison was £66m btw
  • SDoofus
    4783 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 12

That can't be right?

VVD - £75M
    Alisson - £55M
    Keita - £54M
    Fabinho - £40M
    Salah - £37M
    Mane - £37M
    Ox - £40M
    Gini - £24M
    Shaqiri - £13M
    Robbo - £9M
    Grujic - £6M
    Karius - £5M
    Klavan - £5M

= £400M

Coutinho - £130M
    Benteke - £28M
    Sakho - £25M
    Ings - £19M
    Ibe - £16M
    Allen - £14M
    Ward - £12M
    Skrtel - £5M
    Lucas - £5M
    Stewart - £5M
    Llori - £3M
    Alberto - £3M
    Smith - £3M

= £268M

Then whatever Kent/Duncan were sold for on top. So he's spent around £120M net. You've waited for the perfect signings, best way to do it. In comparison in that same time period (Since the summer of 2016) Manchester United have spent £562M on new players and got absolutely nowhere near to what Liverpool are achieving, speaks volumes.

You've missed out a few players, disregarded loan fees and your rounding up/down on transfer fees is inconsistent. Here are all the actual players/figures.

Vigouroux - £432k
    Sakho loan fee - £2.07m
    Smith - £3.24m
    Alberto - £3.6m
    Ilori - £3.87m
    Skrtel - £5.40m
    Allen - £13.95m
    Ibe - £16.20m
    Benteke - £28.08m
    Wisdom - £2.07m
    Sturridge loan fee - £2.07m
    Stewart - £4.05m
    Lucas - £5.13m
    Origi loan fee - £5.85m
    Sakho - £25.38m
    Coutinho - £130.50m
    Grujic - £900k loan fee
    Wilson - £990k loan fee
    Klavan - £1.17m
    Karius loan fee - £2.25m
    Ward - £12.60m
    Solanke - £19.08m
    Awoniyi loan fee - £450k
    Grujic loan fee - £1.80m
    Wilson loan fee - £2.43m
    Mignolet - £6.30m
    Kent - £6.48m
    Ings - £19.98m
    Duncan - £1.8m

That amounts to £328m when rounding down.

A good £60m on top of your calculations.

Assuming your calculations for the list of players we bought is accurate (doubt it), that makes a net spend of £72m.
  • SDoofus
    edited September 12
    SVB - £1.17M
    Alisson - £56.25m
    Keita - £54m
    Fabinho - £40.50m
    Shaqiri - £13.23m
    VVD - £76.19M
    Salah - £37.80m
    AOC - £34.20m
    Robertson - £8.10m
    Gallacher - £205k
    Mane - £37.08m
    Wijnaldum - £24.75m
    Karius - £5.58m
    Klavan £4.50m

That totals to £394m, when rounded down.

So, it's actually £394m minus £328m which = £66m net spend.

So it was indeed, correct.

Edit: There's also the Solanke fee to add to that, but no one knows what it is. Liverpool wanted it to be £3m, Chelsea wanted £10m, and they came to an agreement.
  • LFC Simon 98
    16699 posts World Class
    GG no Re
  • ViVaWhom
    7958 posts League Winner
    SVB - £1.17M
    Alisson - £56.25m
    Keita - £54m
    Fabinho - £40.50m
    Shaqiri - £13.23m
    VVD - £76.19M
    Salah - £37.80m
    AOC - £34.20m
    Robertson - £8.10m
    Gallacher - £205k
    Mane - £37.08m
    Wijnaldum - £24.75m
    Karius - £5.58m
    Klavan £4.50m

Edit: There's also the Solanke fee to add to that, but no one knows what it is. Liverpool wanted it to be £3m, Chelsea wanted £10m, and they came to an agreement.

where did you get 56.25m for Alisson?
  • SDoofus
    edited September 12
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    SVB - £1.17M
    Alisson - £56.25m
    Keita - £54m
    Fabinho - £40.50m
    Shaqiri - £13.23m
    VVD - £76.19M
    Salah - £37.80m
    AOC - £34.20m
    Robertson - £8.10m
    Gallacher - £205k
    Mane - £37.08m
    Wijnaldum - £24.75m
    Karius - £5.58m
    Klavan £4.50m

where did you get 56.25m for Alisson?

All figures from transfermarkt. I assume it tells us what the figures actually stand at, as of right now. For example, we sold Coutinho for £140m or so, but they have him down as £130.5m.

The BBC report said "up to £66m" which leads us to believe that it isn't the upfront sum, and we haven't paid £66m yet.
  • Pxul_
    7768 posts League Winner
  • TakeItSlow
    7203 posts Big Money Move
    Didn't realise we were including loan fees :joy: :joy: :joy:
  • El_Nino
    2947 posts Fans' Favourite

You didn’t realise you should have included a clubs income from player transfers when working out a clubs net spend from player transfers?
  • SDoofus
    El_Nino wrote: »

You didn’t realise you should have included a clubs income from player transfers when working out a clubs net spend from player transfers?

Unbelievable lmao.
  • SDoofus
    edited September 12
    He did it in a really shady way.

Even if we ignore the loan fees, he literally missed out on NINE players, including the likes of Mignolet and Solanke, who those two alone, we got a combined £25.38m for!

Not only that, but the way he's rounded a lot of the figures is a joke. For example, we sold Ings for £19.95m but he's rounded it down to £19m.

He did similar across the board, i.e. Ilori £3.87m, he said £3m.

Alberto £3.6m, he said £3m

Ward £12.60m, he said £12m.

It might not seem like a lot, but it adds up, for example, those 4 players alone, his rounding down has made £2.4m disappear.

Genuinely unbelievable.
  • Argie8
    5754 posts Big Money Move
    I'm glad Sdoofus is back. I find myself reading the arguments instead of wasting my time getting involved in them myself now. :D
  • LFC Simon 98
    16699 posts World Class
    Argie8 wrote: »
    I'm glad Sdoofus is back. I find myself reading the arguments instead of wasting my time getting involved in them myself now. :D

I got a pay rise at work due to the efficiency I get stuff done these day. Can’t be a coincidence
  • SDoofus
    Anyone wanna have a go at predicting the team we will play against Newcastle? the International break recently ending and a game away to Napoli coming up implies that we may make a couple of changes.
  • Wyojasond
    11306 posts Has That Special Something
    Anyone wanna have a go at predicting the team we will play against Newcastle? the International break recently ending and a game away to Napoli coming up implies that we may make a couple of changes.

I could see Ox getting a start potentially and resting Hendo. Maybe a start for Milner too 😬

Not sure who we’ll see start next to VVD. Honestly think Klopp is gonna save Gomez for Napoli.
  • SDoofus

I could see Ox getting a start potentially and resting Hendo. Maybe a start for Milner too 😬

Not sure who we’ll see start next to VVD. Honestly think Klopp is gonna save Gomez for Napoli.

I really hope it's not Gomez at RB for Napoli.

Yeah, I can see Ox starting. Also seeing rumours that Keita might actually be fit for the game, but I doubt it. I wonder if Fabinho and Bobby will both be rested? They've only just got back from their game for Brazil, I think? So it might be Origi with Salah and Mane. Lallana as the number 6? You'd feel for Shaqiri not getting a start after pulling out of international duty to focus on LFC.

Hope there's not too many changes, tbh.
  • Argie8
    5754 posts Big Money Move
    Argie8 wrote: »

I got a pay rise at work due to the efficiency I get stuff done these day. Can’t be a coincidence

:joy:
  • Wyojasond
    11306 posts Has That Special Something

I really hope it's not Gomez at RB for Napoli.

Yeah, I can see Ox starting. Also seeing rumours that Keita might actually be fit for the game, but I doubt it. I wonder if Fabinho and Bobby will both be rested? They've only just got back from their game for Brazil, I think? So it might be Origi with Salah and Mane. Lallana as the number 6? You'd feel for Shaqiri not getting a start after pulling out of international duty to focus on LFC.

Hope there's not too many changes, tbh.

God I totally forgot Bobby and Fabinho were in Brazil......yeah I can see Origi getting a run but knowing Klopp we probably won’t see to many changes.

• SDoofus
    edited September 12
    mo8c6902v5m31.jpg

We got 3 of the top 5 :D
  • Pxul_
    7768 posts League Winner
    Adrian
    TAA Gomez VVD Robbo
    Lallana Gini
    Salah Shaq Origi
    Mane

(If Fabinho Firmino and Hendo are unable to start)
  • ViVaWhom
    7958 posts League Winner
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Adrian
    TAA Gomez VVD Robbo
    Lallana Gini
    Salah Shaq Origi
    Mane

that team looks horrid, if teams anything like that i might rethink captaining Salah
  • SDoofus
    Adrian
    TAA Gomez VVD Robbo
    Lallana Gini
    Salah Shaq Origi
    Mane

that team looks horrid, if teams anything like that i might rethink captaining Salah

Similar to what beat Barca 4-0
  • ViVaWhom
    7958 posts League Winner
    Adrian
    TAA Gomez VVD Robbo
    Lallana Gini
    Salah Shaq Origi
    Mane

yeah but barca were complacent (again)
  • LFC Simon 98
    16699 posts World Class
    Adrian
    TAA Gomez VVD Robbo
    Lallana Gini
    Salah Shaq Origi
    Mane

yeah but barca were complacent (again)

Can barely think of a game last season where Newcastle weren’t complacent
  • Cyodine
    1317 posts Professional
    mo8c6902v5m31.jpg

We got 3 of the top 5 :D

Justice for Matip! He deserves to make this list.
  • ChrisLFC
    7041 posts Big Money Move
    Sanchez 55 mil. :D