Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• ChrisLFC
    7095 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 26
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    Don’t mind Viva guys. He’s just pissy he paid money to go and see United lose to the mighty Crystal Palace at Old Trafford 😂😏

i mean you do realize palace beat man city at etihad last season... its hardly the most shocking thing in the world

But this season they beat you without tHe BeSt RiGhT bAcK iN tHe WoRlD

He was the reason they lost with his shocking clearance. :D
  • ChrisLFC
    7095 posts Big Money Move
    We went after Lambert, Remy and Balotelli to replace Suarez's 34 goals.

Rodgers never stood a chance after that.
  • Wyojasond
    11611 posts Has That Special Something
    ChrisLFC wrote: »
    We went after Lambert, Remy and Balotelli to replace Suarez's 34 goals.

Rodgers never stood a chance after that.

I started following Liverpool that season, and even as somebody so new to the sport I knew how horrible those moves were 😂
  • LFC Simon 98
    17322 posts World Class
    Is it bad I was really hoping we’d get Remy
  • Argie8
    5829 posts Big Money Move

Same lol
  • El_Nino
    3212 posts National Call-Up
    Mike wrote: »
    Would be more worried about BVB than Atletico TBH. Atletico are basically the Spanish West Ham, they make all these flashy signings and still achieve **** all :joy:
    That's an absolutely terrible take even for you, Tornado

Yeah that’s horrendous 😂😂😂
  • ViVaWhom
    8147 posts League Winner
    Argie8 wrote: »

Same lol

lol dont take all the world class players
  • tilen11
    5086 posts Big Money Move

Nope. I thought he was great :D
  • Tornado31619
    17041 posts World Class
    Would be more worried about BVB than Atletico TBH. Atletico are basically the Spanish West Ham, they make all these flashy signings and still achieve **** all :joy:
    El_Nino wrote: »

Fair enough, but until they win something of note with that squad, that’s all they ever will be in my eyes. A collection of price tags with a bottler’s mentality.
  • Snugglebites
    1111 posts Professional

Fair enough, but until they win something of note with that squad, that’s all they ever will be in my eyes. A collection of price tags with a bottler’s mentality.

What have they bottled?
  • LFC Simon 98
    17322 posts World Class

What have they bottled?

Haven’t you heard mate. Not winning = bottling these days.

There’s apparently no difference
  • Tropicaz XBL
    4320 posts National Call-Up

They've literally rebuilt the whole squad this summer
  • Pietu
    2169 posts Fans' Favourite

What have they bottled?

And I hate that, they are 2 very different things
  • El_Nino

Literally some of the biggest **** I’ve ever heard.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17322 posts World Class
    Pietu wrote: »

What have they bottled?

Had that exact discussion with a guy on Twitter. Although according to him that’s just a ‘Loser mentality, typical for a Liverpool fan to say’

Although the same bloke claimed Liverpool don’t have any leaders in their squad soo maybe he just ain’t the brightest
  • Pietu

What have they bottled?

Had that exact discussion with a guy on Twitter. Although according to him that’s just a ‘Loser mentality, typical for a Liverpool fan to say’

Although the same bloke claimed Liverpool don’t have any leaders in their squad soo maybe he just ain’t the brightest

:lol: :lol:
    Yes there are times when teams really bottle it *Barcelona* but most of the losses are just normal losses, not bottles.
  • El_Nino
    I think a lot of people don’t really understand what they’re saying when they say someone’s bottled it.

Bottling it is Man City loosing a final against West Ham. Bottling it is not narrowly missing out on La Liga/Prem tittles to the likes of Man City or Barcelona.
  • Pietu
    I think a lot of people don’t really understand what they’re saying when they say someone’s bottled it.

Bottling it is Man City loosing a final against West Ham in a title deciding match. Bottling it is not narrowly missing out on La Liga/Prem tittles to the likes of Man City or Barcelona.

Exactly, Barca bottled it against us in the Champions League imo
  • LFC Simon 98
    17322 posts World Class

What have they bottled?

Yes there are times when teams really bottle it *Barcelona* but most of the losses are just normal losses, not bottles.

If we look at last season. And this is my opinion obvs.

Spurs, didn’t bottle Champo, but I’ve seen them called bottlers about it.

Ajax and Barca both bottled. Both just needed to not concede 3 goals in 45 minutes but f’d It up.

We didn’t bottle the league. I don’t care if we were 7 points clear in January. We lost to City putting us 4 points ahead and went on to win 15 and draw 4 or something like that. Hardly as if we let it slip completely and lost to some low level sides or anything.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner

Bottling it is Man City loosing a final against West Ham. Bottling it is not narrowly missing out on La Liga/Prem tittles to the likes of Man City or Barcelona.

Except when you are 7 points clear and don’t win it.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17322 posts World Class
    Couchy wrote: »

Even you have to admit what City managed to do was exceptional. The lost like 1 and won 19 in 2019 or something stupendous. If you lose to that is it bottling or is it being beaten by a better side?
  • Tornado31619
    17041 posts World Class
    I probably should have said “loser’s mentality”.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17322 posts World Class
    I probably should have said “loser’s mentality”.

That I can agree with. Kane could end up completely wasting his career. He’s yet to win anything right? Shocking that
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    edited August 27

Even you have to admit what City managed to do was exceptional. The lost like 1 and won 19 in 2019 or something stupendous. If you lose to that is it bottling or is it being beaten by a better side?

Don’t get me wrong, with what City did it’s certainly at the lower end of the ‘bottling scale’

But if you want a better representation of it then it’s the game at Old Trafford. 3 first half injuries and a hobbling Rashford and Klopp didn’t go for it.

That’s where you bottled it.
  • El_Nino

That year Liverpool set a higher points tally than United have ever managed. Nothing but bad luck that they were up against that city team.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner

That year Liverpool set a higher points tally than United have ever managed. Nothing but bad luck that they were up against that city team.

Yeah, and what did it get them? What a pointless statement.
  • SDoofus
    5120 posts Big Money Move

Don’t get me wrong, with what City did it’s certainly at the lower end of the ‘bottling scale’

But if you want a better representation of it then it’s the game at Old Trafford. 3 first half injuries and a hobbling Rashford and Klopp didn’t go for it.

That’s where you bottled it.

That's pretty stupid, because:

1. You're using hindsight.

2. After that game, we were still a point ahead of City

3. There were still 11 more PL games left to play.

Any team that we drew against could claim the same thing as you've done. We drew against the likes of West Ham, Everton, Leicester, etc. That's the beauty of losing the title by 1 point. Turning any one of those draws into a win, wins the title. It 100% definitely was not lost at United, as, like I've said, you're using hindsight there and who knows what would have happened had we won that game? We could have dropped points elsewhere.
  • Pietu

What have they bottled?

If we look at last season. And this is my opinion obvs.

Spurs, didn’t bottle Champo, but I’ve seen them called bottlers about it.

Ajax and Barca both bottled. Both just needed to not concede 3 goals in 45 minutes but f’d It up.

We didn’t bottle the league. I don’t care if we were 7 points clear in January. We lost to City putting us 4 points ahead and went on to win 15 and draw 4 or something like that. Hardly as if we let it slip completely and lost to some low level sides or anything.

Fully agree with this!