Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Littleland95
    16687 posts Moderator
    Solid match. Room for improvement still.

Arsenal would have been more dangerous if Lacazette started in my opinion.
  • Mike
    9972 posts Has That Special Something
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Did I make a large mistake on FPL getting Mane over Salah?
    Or was today more of a coincidence that Salah just happened to get the goals
    Salah is a no brainer. He gets assists, is on penalties and is only 1 mil more than Mane
  • El_Nino
    2860 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mike wrote: »
    Salah is a no brainer. He gets assists, is on penalties and is only 1 mil more than Mane

That’s not really what I need to hear right now though, please falsely reassure me that I’m safe and sound with Mane.
  • Pietu
    1811 posts Play-Off Hero

That’s not really what I need to hear right now though, please falsely reassure me that I’m safe and sound with Mane.

Salah would have been a better pick but Mane will be decent aswell
  • Wyojasond
    11183 posts Has That Special Something

This. Mane is a solid pickup no doubt, but Salah offers way way more. He’s been much more solid on PKs too.
  • El_Nino
    GUYS.
    What part of blind re-assurance do you not understand.
    I don’t want facts or figures or any opinion that contradicts my choice.
    I would like a wholehearted Mane is the correct choice, well done for picking him, you are a tactical genius who Pep and Jose aspire too.
  • Mike
    9972 posts Has That Special Something

Mo Mane, Mo Problems
  • Wyojasond
    GUYS.
    I would like a wholehearted Mane is the correct choice, well done for picking him, you are a tactical genius who Pep and Jose aspire too.

Maybe aim for Moyes expectations is more like it 😜

To be fair, the Mane shout wasn’t a horrible idea. His lack of assists and not having any chance at PKs is his downfall for me.
  • Wyojasond
    I don’t think there tactics were horrible in the first half to be fair. Hit a few good counters and we didn’t really threaten despite dominating. We are just so deadly from corners and set pieces anymore. Love Gomez but think Matip is still the best CB pairing for VVD.

• Wyojasond
    How about a shout out for Fabinho today as well. He hit Salah with another pass after this that was perfect and set him free. Sometimes gets forgotten all the things he does for us. Was a beast again today.

• Pugzilla
    15818 posts World Class
    How about a shout out for Fabinho today as well. He hit Salah with another pass after this that was perfect and set him free. Sometimes gets forgotten all the things he does for us. Was a beast again today.

Fabinho is honestly just MR Consistent.
  • Pxul_
    7713 posts League Winner
    edited August 24
    Best CDM in the league behind man like ngolo

edit: given Kante has been playing at RCM for the past season could even say he’s the best CDM in the league by a country mile.🤷‍♂️
  • Tornado31619
    16455 posts World Class
    Fernandinho?
  • Wyojasond
    Fernandinho?

He’s the gold standard in my opinion, but has he played much yet this year?

Will be interesting to see if Rodri is as influential as Fernandinho has been. Big shoes to fill.
  • Tropicaz XBL
    4243 posts National Call-Up
    that's the best I've seen Fabinho play for Pool, he absolutely dominated Ceballos today

Came along way from his performance at the Emirates last season where he looked a rabbit in the headlights. Turns out new signings from other leagues do sometimes need an acclimatising period, although you wouldn't know it on judging by this forum :D

• ChrisLFC
    7032 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 25
    GUYS.

Salah will get more points/goals over the season but it depends what you do with the extra 1-1.5 mil really. If your team is better overall with Mane he's the better choice.
  • Pxul_
    7713 posts League Winner
    ChrisLFC wrote: »

He sent cebellos right back to Spain with that one😂
  • El_Nino
    ChrisLFC wrote: »
    Why is it from some angles Firmino looks like a drug dealing gangster and other angles he looks like a 14 year old, that’s the real question.
  • Elpistolero91
    703 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Great game yesterday. Disappointing not keeping a clean sheet but overall very comfortable and looked like we could have upped it even more. More of that please redmen.
  • Wyojasond
    Bobby had a few other moments yesterday where he left Arsenal defenders chasing there tails. That pass in the box from Mane that ended up behind him, yet he somehow got his toe to it and poked it past a couple of defenders was impressive. Almost got on that one for a goal too.

As I’ve said before, out of all of our current players, he’s the one I’ll miss the most when he leaves. Luckily that’s not anytime soon 😎😎😎
  • Argie8
    5733 posts Big Money Move
    Bobby had a few other moments yesterday where he left Arsenal defenders chasing there tails. That pass in the box from Mane that ended up behind him, yet he somehow got his toe to it and poked it past a couple of defenders was impressive. Almost got on that one for a goal too.

As I’ve said before, out of all of our current players, he’s the one I’ll miss the most when he leaves. Luckily that’s not anytime soon 😎😎😎

If Bobby is back to his best then that'll give us a good chance to win the league. Everyone plays well if Bobby is on it. Fingers crossed...
  • LFC Simon 98
    16612 posts World Class
    We’re all Bournemouth fans today right?
  • Wyojasond
    We’re all Bournemouth fans today right?

Harry Wilson....enough said 😉

I always enjoy watching Bournemouth. It still shocks me no one has taken Eddie Howe out of there yet. Freaking miracle what he’s done with that squad the last 4 years or so.
  • Pietu
    1811 posts Play-Off Hero
    Wilson coming on! Daniels got injured
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner
    that's the best I've seen Fabinho play for Pool, he absolutely dominated Ceballos today

Came along way from his performance at the Emirates last season where he looked a rabbit in the headlights. Turns out new signings from other leagues do sometimes need an acclimatising period, although you wouldn't know it on judging by this forum :D

Mans searching all corners of the forums for some assurances Pepe will turn out good 😂
  • Pietu
    1811 posts Play-Off Hero
    Couchy wrote: »

Mans searching all corners of the forums for some assurances Pepe will turn out good 😂

He will, just needs time