Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Kellnerr
    2597 posts Fans' Favourite
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Mane vs Salah for FPL anyone?
    And is it worth getting Firmino?

At current prices it's Salah > Mane for me because he gets assists unlike Mane. Last season was different when Mane was much cheaper.
  • Pugzilla
    16125 posts World Class
    People threw a bit of shade against us for letting Pukki score but the guy has been playing amazing. This was his stat line against Newcastle.

• TakeItSlow
    7334 posts Big Money Move
    Looking forward to our game Saturday. Your wingers against our current full backs is a huge worry but going the other way we can deffo cause problems.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17325 posts World Class
    edited August 21
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Looking forward to our game Saturday. Your wingers against our current full backs is a huge worry but going the other way we can deffo cause problems.

I remember hearing that final bit last year and then Auba came to Anflied and touched the ball 6 times in the first half and 4 of those touches were kick offs
  • SDoofus
    5123 posts Big Money Move
    Couchy wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Who’s ready for the Virgil hoisting the PL trophy profile pics?

Ready when you are @SDoofus

I guess I'll just have to make do with an even better picture.
  • Kellnerr
    2597 posts Fans' Favourite
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

Can see you causing problems too. Will probably finish 5-1.
  • Pxul_
    7916 posts League Winner

Long time no see, welcome back😂
  • El_Nino
    3214 posts National Call-Up
    Given Liverpool’s defence struggled massively against Southampton, I’m not sure where the confidence it’ll do fine against Arsenal is coming from.
  • SDoofus
    Pxul_ wrote: »

Cheers. A quarter of a year was a long, long time to wait, but thankfully, I am back now B)
  • Pugzilla
    16125 posts World Class

Cheers. A quarter of a year was a long, long time to wait, but thankfully, I am back now B)

Just in time for the Liverpool quintuple. 😎

• SDoofus
    Pugzilla wrote: »

Just in time for the Liverpool quintuple. 😎

:D

Man, winning the CL was so, so sweet. Winning the Super Cup has now also meant that we are getting into the habit of winning things again, and hopefully in December, we will bring home the Club World Cup trophy to complete the European set. That would be lovely.
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner

Nice of you to admit you were wrong straight off the bat.
  • SDoofus
    edited August 21

What do you expect me to do? Pretend that we won the PL? :D
  • El_Nino
    edited August 21

What do you expect me to do? Pretend that we won the PL? :D

You two back within a week of each other, I think the mods have been running out of work.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17325 posts World Class
    El_Nino wrote: »
    Given Liverpool’s defence struggled massively against Southampton, I’m not sure where the confidence it’ll do fine against Arsenal is coming from.

‘Struggled massively’

I mean they made 2 chances from corners and the Ings chance at the end he glanced wide.

They struggled massively to actually break us down if anything.
  • Pxul_
    7916 posts League Winner
    All the talk of youth in the United thread has got me thinking, when do you think we see Brewster this season in the league?
  • SDoofus
    All the talk of youth in the United thread has got me thinking, when do you think we see Brewster this season in the league?

Hardly ever. When fit, Firmino, Mane and Salah will all start. Then below them we've got Origi and Shaqiri. Klopp even seems to prefer having Oxlade-Chamberlain in the front 3, than Brewster.
  • El_Nino

Unlike United you have quality attackers all across the park with Origi/Shaq as back up. I don’t think you see him at all in the prem; bar cameos.
  • Pietu
    2178 posts Fans' Favourite

When we play Newcastle
  • Pxul_
    7916 posts League Winner
    He had such a good preseason that I would’ve expected him to atleast make a sub appearance at some point. even in the super cup he could’ve been useful coming off the bench but he didn’t even get an opportunity.

Might have been better off putting him on loan like Wilson and bringing in a veteran striker.
  • Apollo
    15039 posts World Class

Hardly ever. When fit, Firmino, Mane and Salah will all start. Then below them we've got Origi and Shaqiri. Klopp even seems to prefer having Oxlade-Chamberlain in the front 3, than Brewster.

If that is the case then it would surely be beneficial to get him a loan? At United we have a distinct lack of senior depth in our attacking positions, so Greenwood and Gomes should get plenty of opportunities this season (whether in the cups, on the bench or whatever). If Brewster is ready for senior football then it's going to do his development no good to continue playing youth football, there's only so far that can take a player who's ready to make the step up to a senior team.
  • Ahmer50x
    18262 posts World Class
    edited August 21
    Apollo wrote: »

If that is the case then it would surely be beneficial to get him a loan? At United we have a distinct lack of senior depth in our attacking positions, so Greenwood and Gomes should get plenty of opportunities this season (whether in the cups, on the bench or whatever). If Brewster is ready for senior football then it's going to do his development no good to continue playing youth football, there's only so far that can take a player who's ready to make the step up to a senior team.

It's deliberate that Greenwood, Gomes, and Chong were given first team roles. They ARE the depth because Ole WANTS them to be.
  • Apollo
    15039 posts World Class
    edited August 21
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »

It's deliberate that Greenwood, Gomes, and Chong were given first team roles. They ARE the depth because Ole WANTS them to be.

I know that's the reason why, but the fact is that we have the lack of senior depth so they'll be given chances. That's what I'm saying. Liverpool have senior depth so Brewster will have limited chances.
  • Argie8
    5829 posts Big Money Move
    He had such a good preseason that I would’ve expected him to atleast make a sub appearance at some point. even in the super cup he could’ve been useful coming off the bench but he didn’t even get an opportunity.

Might have been better off putting him on loan like Wilson and bringing in a veteran striker.

this is why ive been complaining about our depth. Too many people have been saying Brewster, Wilson and Kent were genuine options when its clear Klopp doesnt think theyre ready yet. Friendlies dont mean anything
  • ViVaWhom
    8148 posts League Winner
    A big, massive **** you to all the haters, to all the taunts about Klopp being a bottler, to everyone.

lets be honest, the only reason he didnt bottle it is because he came up against the biggest bottlers in the history of club football
  • Elpistolero91
    739 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I reckon Brewster will get a cup game first and then get a chance off the bench at home against one of the weaker teams. Hope so anyway.