Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Ahmer50x
    17172 posts World Class
    I don't think anyone will be close to City this year.

You have more matches, a thinner squad, and I think your defense will regress a little from 21 clean sheets to like 15-17.

Those things will combine to put you in the high 80s while City will hit high 90s again, points-wise.
  • Elpistolero91
    702 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    I don't think anyone will be close to City this year.

You have more matches, a thinner squad, and I think your defense will regress a little from 21 clean sheets to like 15-17.

Those things will combine to put you in the high 80s while City will hit high 90s again, points-wise.

Cheers mystic meg. ;)
  • Wyojasond
    11133 posts Has That Special Something
    City have proven they are capable of putting up 90+ point seasons for the foreseeable future. We have to prove we can do the same.

I saw a great quote the other day and I think it really nailed the current state of the league. It said... “City are bothered by Liverpool, but the rest of the league is terrified of City”

I think the only hope anybody has of toppling City in the league is if the top 6 can be better at taking points off of them this year. They only dropped points to us (an ugly draw they probably should’ve won) and then Chelsea catching them in December before there bad run. Then they came back and whipped Chelsea and dropped us.
  • wth22
    9694 posts League Winner
    Liverpool will regress to their mean, they were lucky at several points last season and clearly overperforming. I'd peg them at mid to high 80 pts, comfortably clear of 3rd.

For City, 98-100 points is the mean, as obscene as that may be.
  • Kellnerr
    2477 posts Fans' Favourite
    I see us finishing around 85 points, City 90-95. Don't expect us to challenge them until the very end of the season and they might be rotating towards the end because of CL and miss out on a couple of points.
  • Wyojasond
  • Devers
    7383 posts League Winner

Wtf, cant get a run at all. Hope hes not one of those players
  • Snugglebites
    1068 posts Professional
    He was supposed to be our "new signing" this season. I guess it's time for Lallana to take that title.
  • Wyojasond
    Devers wrote: »

Wtf, cant get a run at all. Hope hes not one of those players

It’s certainly looking like it unfortunately. Should’ve never went to AFCON
    He was supposed to be our "new signing" this season. I guess it's time for Lallana to take that title.

😂😂😂
  • Devers
    7383 posts League Winner

Lallanas 3rd season as ‘like a new signing’ 😂
  • Cyodine
    1294 posts Professional

Lallana will pull something by simply thinking about starting a match.
  • Tornado31619
    16382 posts World Class
    Cyodine wrote: »

Lallana will pull something by simply thinking about starting a match.

He’ll pull a rabbit out of a hat and turn into Xavi :trollface:
  • LFC Simon 98
    16509 posts World Class
    More likely he’ll pull a Cruyff turn out but then into the next defender following it tbh
  • Argie8
    5725 posts Big Money Move
    I am completely grateful that we are now favourites to finish 2nd. For so many years we couldn't even get top 4! Don't take my words of caution as me not supporting the club please. I just like to look at how we can improve
  • Ahmer50x
    17172 posts World Class
    Just had a look at Naby Keita's injury history. Man looks like the midfield Phil Jones. Made of glass :lol:
  • Cyodine
    1294 posts Professional
    Argie8 wrote: »
    I am completely grateful that we are now favourites to finish 2nd. For so many years we couldn't even get top 4! Don't take my words of caution as me not supporting the club please. I just like to look at how we can improve

Goes to show how successful FSG and Klopp have been with the Liverpool project!
  • Argie8
    edited August 14
    Cyodine wrote: »
    Argie8 wrote: »

Goes to show how successful FSG and Klopp have been with the Liverpool project!

exactly. theyve done a terrific job overall. i just hope theyre not becoming complacent. Time will tell
  • tilen11
    4938 posts Big Money Move
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Just had a look at Naby Keita's injury history. Man looks like the midfield Phil Jones. Made of glass :lol:

Sad but true. Sturridge was actually less injury prone than Keita and he was living in a hospital full time
  • Pxul_
    7693 posts League Winner
    edited August 14
    Really disappointing for Naby, along with @Pietu I believed this season was going to be his breakthrough. Not looking likely at the moment🙄
  • Elpistolero91
    702 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Really disappointing for Naby, along with @Pietu I believed this season was going to be his breakthrough. Not looking likely at the moment🙄

Feel sorry for him, just cant catch a break. Should've never went the afcon after his previous injury.
  • Pxul_
    7693 posts League Winner
    Gives him some time to work on his English I suppose 😂
  • Pietu
    1759 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Really disappointing for Naby, along with Pietu I believed this season was going to be his breakthrough. Not looking likely at the moment🙄

Hopefully it's nothing too big and he can come back soon!
  • Argie8
    He averages about,30 league games a season. I'm not too worried about his injury record
  • Tornado31619
    16382 posts World Class
    How many of them are starts?
  • Ahmer50x
    17172 posts World Class
    League minutes:

16-17: 2416
    17-18: 1962
    18-19: 1394
    19-20: injured already

I obviously don't know the details but that seems like a bad trend to me.
  • Snugglebites
    1068 posts Professional
    Klopp did something similar at Dortmund, got rid of the old guard and brought in youth. They were a few years older than our two at the time but Subotic & Hummels turned out fine.
  • Wyojasond
    Have fun watching the game today boys. Had to take the wife to Vegas for some meetings so missing out.

Not to arsed either way. Never been a big fan of these games 🤷‍♂️
  • finsfan85
    12175 posts Has That Special Something
  • Cyodine
    1294 posts Professional
    How much prize money is awarded for the Super Cup winner?