Liverpool Football Club

Comments

  • LFC Simon 98
    16167 posts World Class
    I’d love Coutinho back. Don’t care what went on previously. He’d add so much to our team.
  • Kellnerr
    2345 posts Fans' Favourite
    Having another top option on LW would offer so many more possibilities if someone is out, especially because Mane can play on the right. Hardly losing any quality there if someone like Keita or Ox plays instead of Cou in midfield then. This doesn't work if you have to bring in the likes of Origi at LW.

    Coutinho-Firmino-Mane
    Coutinho-Salah-Mane
    Coutinho-Mane-Salah
    Coutinho-Firmino-Salah
  • Argie8
    5620 posts Big Money Move
    Coutinho is honestly the exact type of player we need imo. Someone who can be the creative goalscoring CM and play wide if needed. It'd be like signing 2 players. He was incredible for us his last 2 seasons, properly carried us at times. Id fancy our chances of winning the league with him and maybe another decent player (who can play fullback)

    But again, i dont see it happening. Would love to be wrong though!
  • Sercs
    18584 posts World Class
    Yeah he’d Be able to play across the front 3 and in midfield and be a legit signing which would improve us

    Are the rumours real tho?
  • LFC Simon 98
    16167 posts World Class
    Sercs wrote: »
    Yeah he’d Be able to play across the front 3 and in midfield and be a legit signing which would improve us

    Are the rumours real tho?

    That’s what I’m trying to figure out. Rumours coming from everywhere but I can’t find anything legit yet.
  • Wyojasond
    10782 posts Has That Special Something
    Sercs wrote: »
    Yeah he’d Be able to play across the front 3 and in midfield and be a legit signing which would improve us

    Are the rumours real tho?

    That’s what I’m trying to figure out. Rumours coming from everywhere but I can’t find anything legit yet.

    Yeah nothing concrete. Ian Doyle is reporting that Liverpool has no interest in the move.
  • Sercs
    18584 posts World Class
    Sercs wrote: »
    Yeah he’d Be able to play across the front 3 and in midfield and be a legit signing which would improve us

    Are the rumours real tho?

    That’s what I’m trying to figure out. Rumours coming from everywhere but I can’t find anything legit yet.

    Yeah nothing concrete. Ian Doyle is reporting that Liverpool has no interest in the move.

    Surely Barca have to sell one of the forwards?
  • Wyojasond
    10782 posts Has That Special Something
    Sercs wrote: »
    Sercs wrote: »
    Yeah he’d Be able to play across the front 3 and in midfield and be a legit signing which would improve us

    Are the rumours real tho?

    That’s what I’m trying to figure out. Rumours coming from everywhere but I can’t find anything legit yet.

    Yeah nothing concrete. Ian Doyle is reporting that Liverpool has no interest in the move.

    Surely Barca have to sell one of the forwards?

    Been seeing lots of reports they are having some money issues. (Needed special loans to get Griezzman) Not sure how true the reports are but you’d think they’d move someone. Coutinho seemed most likely, but other than PSG or United (who Coutinho said he wouldn’t move too) are the only viable options I can see.
  • Argie8
    5620 posts Big Money Move
    Coutinho is a world class player. Apparently Barca were the only team he'd have left us for so maybe he would come back? PSG would be the logical choice though
  • Pietu
    1456 posts Professional
    I'd welcome Coutinho back, he was my favourite player when he was here
  • Pxul_
    7483 posts League Winner
    Pietu wrote: »
    I'd welcome Coutinho back, he was my favourite player when he was here

    Couldn’t agree more
  • Mini_Miudo
    9961 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 15
    Coutinho would be amazing to have back, the only real issue being that he'd probably want to be that guy who plays every game, but our midfield depth is great at the moment and I just can't see him playing every single game, wouldn't be fair on the others. Would he be happy in a rotation role?
  • Sercs
    18584 posts World Class
    edited July 15
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    Coutinho would be amazing to have back, the only real issue being that he'd probably want to be that guy who plays every game, but our midfield depth is great at the moment and I just can't see him playing every single game, wouldn't be fair on the others. Would he be happy in a rotation role?

    He will get a load of games even rotating with club World Cup also played this year and we were hella luck to only have bobby injured for a short time out of the front 3
  • Argie8
    5620 posts Big Money Move
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    Coutinho would be amazing to have back, the only real issue being that he'd probably want to be that guy who plays every game, but our midfield depth is great at the moment and I just can't see him playing every single game, wouldn't be fair on the others. Would he be happy in a rotation role?

    He wouldn't be a rotation player anymore than Salah or Mane would. He'd play most games and not play when rested. It'd be a lovely problem for Klopp to have.

    Coutinho and a back up fullback and GG ez premier league win
  • Mini_Miudo
    9961 posts Has That Special Something
    Argie8 wrote: »
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    Coutinho would be amazing to have back, the only real issue being that he'd probably want to be that guy who plays every game, but our midfield depth is great at the moment and I just can't see him playing every single game, wouldn't be fair on the others. Would he be happy in a rotation role?

    He wouldn't be a rotation player anymore than Salah or Mane would.

    This is what I mean, I just can't see this happening when other midfielders have proven to be so good last season! It'd basically mean Coutinho as a starter and then 2 spots to rotate everyone else. Or most likely, since Coutinho's playing, so is Fabinho to make up for his more attacking role, which would lead to mostly 1 spot to rotate Hendo/Milner/Naby/Ox/Gini.

    We'll see. Like I said, would love to have him back, just don't know if he should have that sort of "undroppable" role like the front 3.
  • Argie8
    5620 posts Big Money Move
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    Argie8 wrote: »
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    Coutinho would be amazing to have back, the only real issue being that he'd probably want to be that guy who plays every game, but our midfield depth is great at the moment and I just can't see him playing every single game, wouldn't be fair on the others. Would he be happy in a rotation role?

    He wouldn't be a rotation player anymore than Salah or Mane would.

    This is what I mean, I just can't see this happening when other midfielders have proven to be so good last season! It'd basically mean Coutinho as a starter and then 2 spots to rotate everyone else. Or most likely, since Coutinho's playing, so is Fabinho to make up for his more attacking role, which would lead to mostly 1 spot to rotate Hendo/Milner/Naby/Ox/Gini.

    We'll see. Like I said, would love to have him back, just don't know if he should have that sort of "undroppable" role like the front 3.

    Coutinho -Fabinho - Naby

    Would be amazing as a starting midfield

    Other than Fabinho all our midfielders were inconsistent last season. Coutinho would transform it. I do agree we would have too many midfielders though.

  • Mini_Miudo
    9961 posts Has That Special Something
    Argie8 wrote: »
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    Argie8 wrote: »
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    Coutinho would be amazing to have back, the only real issue being that he'd probably want to be that guy who plays every game, but our midfield depth is great at the moment and I just can't see him playing every single game, wouldn't be fair on the others. Would he be happy in a rotation role?

    He wouldn't be a rotation player anymore than Salah or Mane would.

    This is what I mean, I just can't see this happening when other midfielders have proven to be so good last season! It'd basically mean Coutinho as a starter and then 2 spots to rotate everyone else. Or most likely, since Coutinho's playing, so is Fabinho to make up for his more attacking role, which would lead to mostly 1 spot to rotate Hendo/Milner/Naby/Ox/Gini.

    We'll see. Like I said, would love to have him back, just don't know if he should have that sort of "undroppable" role like the front 3.

    Coutinho -Fabinho - Naby

    Would be amazing as a starting midfield

    Other than Fabinho all our midfielders were inconsistent last season. Coutinho would transform it. I do agree we would have too many midfielders though.

    Out of all midfielders Naby was probably the most inconsistent (and injured) tbh. lol He is great, don’t get me wrong, but Wijnaldum was great all season and Hendo more so the 2nd half of the season. And then you’ve got Ox who was awesome the season before and Shaqiri staying... someone’s gotta go if Coutinho does come back IMO. Shaqiri would be the obvious one, as much as I like him, but I’d argue someone else would have to go as well and I wouldn’t know who to get rid of.

    Depth is great, just don’t know how we’d be able to keep that many people happy. But if there’s one person who can manage it, it’s Klopp, would love to have them all for sure.

    Although I will say one thing, I don’t think Coutinho would be needed as a starter most of the time based on last season, I like the defensive stability our midfield provided. He’d be great as that guy who gets subbed on when we’re having a tough time creating chances, but unfortunately a role like that would not be fair for someone with his ability (though it would serve him right for leaving us for Barça in the first place :p).
  • strings79
    2012 posts Fans' Favourite

    Huddersfield fan here is Grabara highly rated ? heard he did well for Poland in the under 21s euro team
  • Wyojasond
    10782 posts Has That Special Something
    strings79 wrote: »

    Huddersfield fan here is Grabara highly rated ? heard he did well for Poland in the under 21s euro team

    I haven’t seen much of him, but like you said, he had a very very good U-21 Euros. Klopp really likes him. Hopefully he gets a fair amount of time for you guys this year.
  • Littleland95
    16630 posts Moderator
    strings79 wrote: »

    Huddersfield fan here is Grabara highly rated ? heard he did well for Poland in the under 21s euro team

    He was loaned to AGF Aarhus in the Danish Superliga and the coach there loved him. Said he was the most "ice cold" player he's seen. They really wanted to keep him for another season. Think he had one big mistake, but picked himself up nicely right away.
  • tilen11
    4896 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 16
    Sky Sports and BBC Sports are suggesting Coutinho has given his approval to Barcelona to make a deal with Liverpool, which would send him on loan for 2 years and an option to buy for £88 million at the end of his second year.

    But thats highly unlikely since Neymar has informed PSG he wants out. Barcelona is ofc his preffered destination and the deal will be money+players, reports Sky. Coutinho is closer to PSG imo.

  • Littleland95
    16630 posts Moderator
    tilen11 wrote: »
    Sky Sports and BBC Sports are suggesting Coutinho has given his approval to Barcelona to make a deal with Liverpool, which would send him on loan for 2 years and an option to buy for £88 million at the end of his second year.

    But thats highly unlikely since Neymar has informed PSG he wants out. Barcelona is ofc his preffered destination and the deal will be money+players, reports Sky. Coutinho is closer to PSG imo.

    Don't think Countinho will end up back at Liverpool. PSG as you said most likely destination.
  • tilen11
    4896 posts National Call-Up
    tilen11 wrote: »
    Sky Sports and BBC Sports are suggesting Coutinho has given his approval to Barcelona to make a deal with Liverpool, which would send him on loan for 2 years and an option to buy for £88 million at the end of his second year.

    But thats highly unlikely since Neymar has informed PSG he wants out. Barcelona is ofc his preffered destination and the deal will be money+players, reports Sky. Coutinho is closer to PSG imo.

    Don't think Countinho will end up back at Liverpool. PSG as you said most likely destination.

    Id take him back now that we probably wont buy a creative mid since he is excatly what we need and he wouldnt have to adapt to the system. Still dont like how he left but there is no denying he is quality and would definitely shine.

    Our midfield Hendo-Fab-Cou would be extreme. Or Naby-Fab-Cou for a more attacking approach. Just mindblowing.
  • LFC Simon 98
    16167 posts World Class
    Alisson
    TAA Gomez VVD Robertson
    Fabinho
    Hendo Cout
    Salah Firmino Mane

    Mignolet, Matip, Clyne, Ox, Keita, Shaq, Origi

    Dream team
  • Pxul_
    7483 posts League Winner
    Alisson
    TAA Gomez VVD Robertson
    Fabinho
    Hendo Cout
    Salah Firmino Mane

    Mignolet, Matip, Clyne, Ox, Keita, Shaq, Origi

    Dream team

    The depth we’d have in the squad would be insane if we could keep everyone happy. Imo I think we need to offload some midfielders like lallana and Milner. Although everyone seems to want Milner to stay but I disagree.
  • Argie8
    5620 posts Big Money Move
    If keita kicks on this season he has the potential to be the best midfielder in the league. Really hope he meets expectations. Last season was disappointing
  • Wyojasond
    10782 posts Has That Special Something
    I’m curious to see if these debt rumors are true. The stories about them seem to be picking up pace. A story last week said top officials weren’t paid til late in the month, and then the talk they had to see out a special loan just to get the Griezzman deal done 😬

    I agree though. While I’d gladly welcome him back, can’t see Coutinho going anywhere but PSG.

  • Cyodine
    1133 posts Professional
    I’m curious to see if these debt rumors are true. The stories about them seem to be picking up pace. A story last week said top officials weren’t paid til late in the month, and then the talk they had to see out a special loan just to get the Griezzman deal done 😬

    I agree though. While I’d gladly welcome him back, can’t see Coutinho going anywhere but PSG.


    How can clubs still operate with such crazy amounts of debt? Do most top clubs have crazy amounts of debt?
Sign In or Register to comment.