Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Wyojasond
    10185 posts Has That Special Something
    Solid second half as well. Tranmere looked pretty gassed though.

Glatzel and Duncan will be a fun duo to watch over the next few years. Glatzel did go off injured. Hopefully nothing major. Duncan with a goal though.

Woodburn looked great in the second half. Commentators mentioned it as well, but him and Brewster both growing up a lot in the last year. Have put on some muscle and showing some size now. Curtis Jones with a nice goal as well.

Hoever very active and lively. More of a Gomez type player than TAA I’d say. Should grow into a nice CB. Matip floated a great pass over the top to Origi. Brought it down perfectly and rounded the keeper. Great start to the preseason.
  • Argie8
    5430 posts Big Money Move
    Argie8 wrote: »
    Argie8 wrote: »
    We're not winning the league without a couple big signings. We simply dont have the depth to keep at the top level if players are tired, injured or lose form. we're leaving too much to chance imo

City do have the depth unfortunately

I mean we were a point off and won Champo with this squad last season.

I’m not worried

yeah, and we had barely any injuries, didnt have any domestic cup games, hadnt come off a grueling season and a lot of our important players hadnt missed preseason due to playing international tournaments....

this season is already very different to last. i mean we're even in additional tournaments this time around. our situation is different and we desperately need players

Last season we lost Ox all year, Gomez/Matip/Lovren all had a few injury problems for a couple months each, Keita was always injured. Just after a World Cup in which nearly all our first team players featured in after just as gruelling a season where we had to play more games than we played this season. Why so negative.

I genuinely forgot about the world cup lmao. I'm not being negative, just realistic. We need to bridge the gap between us and City, a side who have gotten 98+ points their last two seasons, despite injuries to their best players.

I'm not even saying we need loads of new signings, but if we don't even sign 2 or 3 players (which isn't a lot) then we are taking a massive risk, especially with the injury record of our players

I'm still on a high from winning the champions league but I don't want us to become complacent
  • Apollo
    11778 posts Has That Special Something
    Pietu wrote: »

Doesn't surprise me, he comes out with some absolute BS at times
  • Pxul_
    7196 posts Big Money Move
    Just caught the highlights of the game LN late to the party I know😂

The way Brewster scores his first was just natural instincts. Brilliant player hopefully he proves how good he is as a backup for bobby.

Great to watch our youth get game time in these friendlies💪
  • Wyojasond
    😂😂 we didn’t even have to tell them no. VVD kicked them to the curb 😏

• Wyojasond
    As @Pxul_ said, if you get a chance to watch the highlights from yesterday take a few moments. Brewster’s first was impressive. Ball was flying at him and his reaction time and instincts were impressive. Klopp playing down his game, but just wants to keep the kid grounded I’d say.

• tilen11
    4817 posts National Call-Up
    And there is also a bright future ahead for Glatzel and Duncan. A nice "set" of young strikers. Also Larouci was great at the back along with Hooever.

Have to say they've played an amazing game.
  • Wyojasond
    tilen11 wrote: »
    And there is also a bright future ahead for Glatzel and Duncan. A nice "set" of young strikers. Also Larouci was great at the back along with Hooever.

Have to say they've played an amazing game.

Heard anything on Glatzel? Hopefully it was nothing major. Looks like his knee gave out on him.

Larouci has a lot of energy. Lewis looked solid as well. First preseason in a long time I can remember the youth players looking so good.

VVD, TAA, Wijnaldum and Henderson all come back today I believe. Doubt we see any of them on Sunday for the second game, but the squad is starting to make it back. Salah shouldn’t be too far behind with the team leaving for the US soon. Mane is going to be the biggest question mark. Especially if Senegal makes the AFCON finals.
  • Wyojasond
    edited July 13
    Just read that they are waiting on scans, but it sounds like Glatzels injury is pretty serious 😢

Didn’t figure into the first team of course, but still a shame. Hopefully he has a solid rehab like Brewster and Ox and can come back stronger.

Robertson out for a bit too. Had to have minor surgery on his hand after an infection.
  • ViVaWhom
    7243 posts Big Money Move
    moreno is still available on free
  • Gervonta
    3591 posts National Call-Up
    ViVaWhom wrote: »

Assuming you mean Alberto? He’s at Villarreal?
  • Wyojasond
    ViVaWhom wrote: »

Signed with Villarreal last week 😉

• Wyojasond
    Pretty much the same teams as the other day.

• Wyojasond
    Two goals for Milner in less than a minute 😂

• Wyojasond
    Pretty boring game today, but was for a good cause with the Stephen Darby Charity.

Nice to Milner get the first two especially because of that (think the first may have been called an OG)

Kent and Jones the biggest standouts for youngsters. Brewster got another poachers goal. Making a great case early this preseason. Eager to see how he looks with some more first teamers around him.

Ox looked good again and gave it a go for some long rangers. Lallana looked bad again I thought.
  • tilen11
    Just read that they are waiting on scans, but it sounds like Glatzels injury is pretty serious 😢

Didn’t figure into the first team of course, but still a shame. Hopefully he has a solid rehab like Brewster and Ox and can come back stronger.

Robertson out for a bit too. Had to have minor surgery on his hand after an infection.

Shame for Glatzel. Hope he is better soon
  • Kellnerr
    2239 posts Fans' Favourite
    Haven't watched our first 2 pre-season games and didn't realise he played in that position, but Klopp actually said Lallana is an option for CDM and compared him with Jorginho :joy:
  • Argie8
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Haven't watched our first 2 pre-season games and didn't realise he played in that position, but Klopp actually said Lallana is an option for CDM and compared him with Jorginho :joy:

Klopp talks a lot of ****
  • Wyojasond

He didn’t look bad the first game, but I thought he was horrible the second game.

He can still do some nice things on the ball, but I wouldn’t want to trust him in that role 😂
  • Wyojasond
    Some quick notes to kick off the week.
    • Liverpool is bringing in GK Andrew Lonergan to train with the team ahead of the US tour. Only senior keeper we have is Mignolet at the moment. Others are either injured or on vacation.
    • Speaking of Mignolet. Sounds like he’s changed his mind about being a backup and looks set to stay this season. Klopp also not likely to let Lovren go to Milan.
    • Some rumors going around that a two year loan, with option to buy for Coutinho is on the table.
    • Taiwo Awoniyi being linked with a 15m move to CSKA Moscow. Kid can’t get a work permit, so might be time to move on.
  • tilen11
    • Liverpool is bringing in GK Andrew Lonergan to train with the team ahead of the US tour. Only senior keeper we have is Mignolet at the moment. Others are either injured or on vacation.
    • Speaking of Mignolet. Sounds like he’s changed his mind about being a backup and looks set to stay this season. Klopp also not likely to let Lovren go to Milan.
    • Some rumors going around that a two year loan, with option to buy for Coutinho is on the table.
    • Taiwo Awoniyi being linked with a 15m move to CSKA Moscow. Kid can’t get a work permit, so might be time to move on.

And CSKA is a great club with a very very young squad. Perfect for Awoniyi if it goes through. Chalov seems to be the target for many clubs so Awoniyi might be his replacement.
  • Wyojasond
    tilen11 wrote: »

And CSKA is a great club with a very very young squad. Perfect for Awoniyi if it goes through. Chalov seems to be the target for many clubs so Awoniyi might be his replacement.

We’ve been heavily linked with Chalov recently as well 🤔
  • Wyojasond
    From what I’ve seen, it would be a two year loan, with option to buy for £88m

• Kellnerr
    A 2 year loan for a player of his class would be great, 88M for a then 29 year old sounds quite expensive though.
  • Wyojasond
    A 2 year loan for a player of his class would be great, 88M for a then 29 year old sounds quite expensive though.

Agreed. As long as it’s an “option” and not an “obligation” then we should jump all over that deal.
  • Argie8
    From what I’ve seen, it would be a two year loan, with option to buy for £88m

would be incredible to have him back

can't see it though
  • Kellnerr
    edited July 15

Agreed. As long as it’s an “option” and not an “obligation” then we should jump all over that deal.

That's exactly what I was thinking aswell. Feel like we'd need to shift one player then though.

edit: the original source is some random italian newspaper, don't know how reliable we should take them.
  • Pugzilla
    15440 posts World Class
    I think I'd be ok with taking him back (as far as the way he left not being a big deal) but not sure we need him? Kinda helps at the LW and obviously a class CM but our mid options are great :/
  • Wyojasond
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    I think I'd be ok with taking him back (as far as the way he left not being a big deal) but not sure we need him? Kinda helps at the LW and obviously a class CM but our mid options are great :/

Personally I’d rather take a flyer on Asensio if Madrid were willing to part with him. Wouldn’t be upset one bit though if we make this move. Gives us flexibility in the system, a player that knows us and our system, plus would no doubt be coming back with a lot to prove.