Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Wyojasond
    10185 posts Has That Special Something
    Reaffirms the main stories we have been hearing. Renewing contracts before signing new players.

• Wyojasond
    Can’t say I know much about Glatzel, but Duncan keeps getting mentioned. Will be a fun preseason tour. B/R is covering all of the US games.

• tilen11
    4817 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 11
    Can’t say I know much about Glatzel, but Duncan keeps getting mentioned. Will be a fun preseason tour. B/R is covering all of the US games.

Glatzel is probably even better than Duncan. They have a great partnership. Glatzel is basically a product of our academy since he has been with us for 10 years since he was 9, Duncan was bought last year from City.
    Glatzel also captains our u18 team, was our top scorer last year when they managed to win Youth FA. Both are great players.
  • TakeItSlow
    5586 posts Big Money Move
    While I think your starting 11 is set and you don't need new signings in that regard I think you're stuffed if Salah or Mane are injured for a lengthy period.

Can't say the same for City, strange you aren't really going for anyone.
  • Pugzilla
    15440 posts World Class
    edited July 11
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    While I think your starting 11 is set and you don't need new signings in that regard I think you're stuffed if Salah or Mane are injured for a lengthy period.

I think 90% of us here still want a good option in attack because we see the same thing you do. But I’ve come to just trust the process because of how the team has been built up to now. The only thing I didn’t like, and that kinda came back to bite us, was loaning Cline out in January. And if I’m honest not signing a flexible, near top level attacker, kind of feels a bit risky in the same way Clyne’s loan felt.

• tilen11
    4817 posts National Call-Up
    edited July 11
    Pugzilla wrote: »

I think 90% of us here still want a good option in attack because we see the same thing you do. But I’ve come to just trust the process because of how the team has been built up to now. The only thing I didn’t like, and that kinda came back to bite us, was loaning Cline out in January. And if I’m honest not signing a flexible, near top level attacker, kind of feels a bit risky in the same way Clyne’s loan felt.

Loaning Clyne was the worst possible decision.

We all hope that at least 2 signings will be completed till the window is over. We are all trusting the process but quality rotation options are necessary.

Klopp said that he is prepared to offer Wilson a chance in the first team (means he could be our "new" attacking option). Milner and Lewis will cover the LB position so cant see us buying someone new and if I add all that together, we may not buy a single player apart from Sepp who will also imo get a few games this season (Cups mostly).

• Kellnerr
    2239 posts Fans' Favourite
    Talking of Clyne, looks like he might just stay for another season and run down his contract. Would be very happy with that.

Playing our first game against Tranmere tonight, looking forward how Lewis, Wilson, Jones, Brewster, but also Ox and Lallana will do.
  • LFC Simon 98
    15972 posts World Class
    I know he can’t cross a ball but I still love Clyne
  • Wyojasond

As others have said, we would love to see a new attacker brought in but the board and Klopp have been masterful the last few seasons with signings so I’m not stressed. Renewing contracts is there main priority.

A lot depends on there injury history of course, but getting players like Keita and Ox back give us some great depth. Both are seen primarily as CM’s but both have played on the wings for us in a 4-2-3-1. Brewster and Wilson are both being looked at as great options this year too. Brewster especially.

I think we’ll sign 2 players still this summer. One I think will be a big signing. I have a feeling we are looking hard at Asensio again. Klopp loves him and Madrid need to sell players. Once they get over the fact they can’t have Mane, then I think we could see a serious offer roll in.

I would love to have a team as deep as City, but hell, Barca and Madrid don’t even have teams that deep. Pep has built a monster over there.
  • Argie8
    5430 posts Big Money Move
    We're not winning the league without a couple big signings. We simply dont have the depth to keep at the top level if players are tired, injured or lose form. we're leaving too much to chance imo

City do have the depth unfortunately
  • Wyojasond
    B/R live app is covering the game today if anyone is looking to watch. Covering all the preseason games it looks like 😎
  • LFC Simon 98
    15972 posts World Class
    Argie8 wrote: »
    We're not winning the league without a couple big signings. We simply dont have the depth to keep at the top level if players are tired, injured or lose form. we're leaving too much to chance imo

I mean we were a point off and won Champo with this squad last season.

I’m not worried
  • Snugglebites
    981 posts Semi-Pro
    edited July 11

City are gonna lose some points thanks to VAR, we'll be fine.
  • Wyojasond

Liverpool is being talked about a lot today on grumpy pundits. A lot of talk about how we need to bring in more players to add depth. Callers keep saying we have to get someone soon or we will fall off, but the biggest response is who do we bring in.

How many players would be willing to work there way off our bench because our starting XI is that strong currently? At the end of the day, this squad has shown the last two years what it can do. Will injuries happen and likely cost us....possibly, but players aren’t going to join us hoping somebody gets hurt.

I have no issue with us going the current path for signing young players this window. Wilson, Brewster and a few others will have a real chance to breakthrough this year.
  • Argie8

I’m not worried

yeah, and we had barely any injuries, didnt have any domestic cup games, hadnt come off a grueling season and a lot of our important players hadnt missed preseason due to playing international tournaments....

this season is already very different to last. i mean we're even in additional tournaments this time around. our situation is different and we desperately need players
  • Argie8

Liverpool is being talked about a lot today on grumpy pundits. A lot of talk about how we need to bring in more players to add depth. Callers keep saying we have to get someone soon or we will fall off, but the biggest response is who do we bring in.

How many players would be willing to work there way off our bench because our starting XI is that strong currently? At the end of the day, this squad has shown the last two years what it can do. Will injuries happen and likely cost us....possibly, but players aren’t going to join us hoping somebody gets hurt.

I have no issue with us going the current path for signing young players this window. Wilson, Brewster and a few others will have a real chance to breakthrough this year.

Many big players would want to join. Same reason players want to join any other big club. Good players back themselves. And there is no point in talking about starting 11 as its a squad game. there will be plenty of gametime for new players as we could play up to 70 games this season.
  • Wyojasond
    Van den Berg not cleared to play tonight. Small hold up with some paperwork.
  • Wyojasond
    Same thing that happened with Solanke if I remember correctly.

• LFC Simon 98
    15972 posts World Class

I’m not worried

yeah, and we had barely any injuries, didnt have any domestic cup games, hadnt come off a grueling season and a lot of our important players hadnt missed preseason due to playing international tournaments....

this season is already very different to last. i mean we're even in additional tournaments this time around. our situation is different and we desperately need players

Last season we lost Ox all year, Gomez/Matip/Lovren all had a few injury problems for a couple months each, Keita was always injured. Just after a World Cup in which nearly all our first team players featured in after just as gruelling a season where we had to play more games than we played this season. Why so negative.
  • Wyojasond
    Clyne with the goal 😂 heard us talking ****
  • Ahmer50x
    14851 posts Has That Special Something
    Wow, I only count 9 first teamers of that 22.

Is there a reason for that? Surely you can't have everyone else at AFCON or recovering from Copa America?
  • Wyojasond
    edited July 11
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

Is there a reason for that? Surely you can't have everyone else at AFCON or recovering from Copa America?

Most still on vacation. Should be back soon. Mignolet just showed up yesterday 😂

Everyone gets 3 weeks from there last game I believe.
  • Ahmer50x
    14851 posts Has That Special Something

Most still on vacation. Should be back soon. Mignolet just showed up yesterday 😂

I see. Gonna be a weakened team to start the season then?
  • Wyojasond

I see. Gonna be a weakened team to start the season then?

Mane I think will be the only one that might miss.

Everyone else should be back in the next few weeks. They always come back early but Klopp has always preached needing your time off.
  • Tornado31619
    15268 posts World Class
    I completely forgot about AFCON, NGL.

So much football this summer, yet it feels as though nothing’s been going on since the Nations League :lol: or maybe I’ve just felt empty since our victory :trollface:
  • Wyojasond
    Beautiful header from Brewster. Cross from Wilson was coming at him fast. Good to see the fast instincts.
  • Mike
    9691 posts League Winner

So much football this summer, yet it feels as though nothing’s been going on since the Nations League :lol: or maybe I’ve just felt empty since our victory :trollface:
    Aren't you from Abu Dhabi?
  • Wyojasond
    Solid first half. Kent looked good to start but didn’t do anything of real note. Same for Wilson although most of the action was on the left.

The young LB Larouci was all over. Might have a future. Gomez made a few ugly mistakes but then immediately made up for them.

Lallana and clyne doing there typical things. Milner solid and Ox looked lively.

Brewster showing why klopp wants him as the backup ST. Great header for the first goal and great instincts to clean up the second one.
  • Tornado31619
    15268 posts World Class
    Mike wrote: »

Aren't you from Abu Dhabi?

Nope. Portugal 🇵🇹

I did live there a couple of years ago, though.