Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Wyojasond
    9964 posts League Winner
    Winning 30+ games any season is a lot to ask. While we are solid across our starting XI, and our bench has improved immensely the last few seasons, I think we need at least one big signing, whether it be a CB or ST.

A CB lessens Gomez’s chances, whereas a new ST would mean a change in the system which means a midfielder gets dropped. The more I think about it, the less I see much happening.

A disaster in the CL finals could change everything, but almost all of our top players are in there prime right now and there are actually a couple of nice recruits coming up or coming back from loan. A quiet summer can be scary (*cough* Spurs *cough*) but yeah I’m fine with a couple depth guys this summer.

Werner, Dybala and De Ligt are the only big names linked with us that I think could walk in day one and make us that much better, but again that would mean losing someone else 🤷‍♂️ Don’t see any of them happening at this point either because we are so solid.
  • Ahmer50x
    13993 posts Has That Special Something
    Think it'd be pretty shocking if City didn't finish on 90+ pts again. At this point, that is their new normal.
  • Gervonta
    3538 posts National Call-Up

I don’t know what to think of this , I wanted to keep depay at United but he seems to thrive being a big fish in a small pond, not sure how it will work out if he signs for you guys.

Where would he play? Would he start? If he doesn’t start he won’t be content just being a back up.
  • Pxul_
    7132 posts Big Money Move
    I think depay would be a quality signing, he would only push our front 3 to be on fire throughout the whole season because of someone isn’t playing to the best of their abilities Depay would replace them easily🤷‍♂️
  • Kellnerr
    2175 posts Fans' Favourite
    Kruse is quality, would take him, especially on a free transfer. He has a difficult personality to deal with though.
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Let's be honest, we have overachieved this season points-wise (as did City imo), but should still get at least 80+ points and finish second next season comfortably (more or less)

well no, they got 100 points last season

Last season has nothing to do with this season.
  • Gervonta
    3538 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 21
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    I think depay would be a quality signing, he would only push our front 3 to be on fire throughout the whole season because of someone isn’t playing to the best of their abilities Depay would replace them easily🤷‍♂️

But what if they’re all firing and he can’t get a look in? He won’t be happy , you’d be better with someone who wouldn’t mind
  • LFC Simon 98
    15834 posts World Class
    Gervonta wrote: »
    Pxul_ wrote: »

But what if they’re all firing and he can’t get a look in? He won’t be happy , you’d be better with someone who wouldn’t mind

They ain’t gonna all play every game. If he does come (which I still doubt) Klopp will have been clear with his squad role.
  • Pxul_
    Wolves are reportedly interested in Harry Wilson, we’ve put a £25 million price on him.

I was pretty close when I said 30 mill the other day. Still wouldn’t want him to leave but might be best for his career🤷‍♂️
  • ChrisLFC
    6863 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 21
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    I think Ornstein will be proven right. 2 cheap cover players and that’ll be it.

If so, I expect you to fall off next season

No chance we hit the same points regardless imo. Just hope we don’t drop of too much.

Really? 2-3 meaningful additions and I see you around 95 again.

Without them, I think you won’t crack 90 and City will walk the league. You’d still be 2nd but distant like we were under Mou

Expect this to happen. I hope Klopp takes the domestic cups seriously because we aren't winning the league without a big signing or two.
  • Devers
    7157 posts Big Money Move
    I sound like a broken record but i think we need to go all out for de ligt, reports today say hes not chosen yet who to go to.

If not him then somebody else like koulibaly or somebody along them lines.

God help us if VvD got injured next season.
  • ChrisLFC
    6863 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 21
    De Ligt seems Barca bound, 120 million for Koulibaly is extortion but someone like Manolas for 35-40 million would be decent. Sell Lovren and have Gomez as our third choice CB, backup RB. I'd persist with Gomez starting if his injury record wasn't so concerning.
  • Pxul_
    I swear Jonathan Tah has a release clause that comes into affect this year iirc. If he does and it’s pretty cheap he should be top of the list.
  • Devers
    7157 posts Big Money Move
    Didn’t realize that was the price for koulibaly 😵

Rule that out so 😂
  • Wyojasond
    9964 posts League Winner
    Tah I’d take, pass on Manolas. Lascelles was rumored a lot last year. Would be a solid addition I feel like as well.
  • Cyodine
    963 posts Semi-Pro
    Hopefully whoever's brought in is competition for the starters to improve their game. City will improve and you need decent coverage for people like Firmino. I think Depay has the flair and ability to rotate up top if needed. Also a CB and LB. I think Midfield might have enough competition.

I can see Chelsea, Arsenal, United all getting better this upcoming season. They might be able to take points off of you all.
  • LFC Simon 98
    15834 posts World Class
    Tah I’d take, pass on Manolas. Lascelles was rumored a lot last year. Would be a solid addition I feel like as well.

He’s been tragic this year according to Newcastle fans
  • Littleland95
    16396 posts Moderator
    edited May 21
    Knew it was just a matter of time:

Finally stopping these greedy people.
  • Apollo
    10737 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 21

Tottenham have done the same with a few of their fans too. It's the right decision, good on both clubs. Need to stop the resale like this
  • forearms
    4219 posts National Call-Up

Is this not normal in Europe? This type of thing happens all the time in the US. Super Bowl tickets go nowhere near face value.
  • Littleland95
    16396 posts Moderator
    forearms wrote: »

Is this not normal in Europe? This type of thing happens all the time in the US. Super Bowl tickets go nowhere near face value.

Not heard LFC doing it much. At least not mentioned in the media.
  • Kellnerr
    2175 posts Fans' Favourite
    Happens all the time and everywhere. No big deals most of the time, because tickets aren't sold for that huge money, only big games being the exceptions.
  • forearms
    Happens all the time and everywhere. No big deals most of the time, because tickets aren't sold for that huge money, only big games being the exceptions.

OK. The backlash seemed weird to me.
  • Apollo

Ripping off fellow fans is not on. They're rightly getting banned.
  • forearms
    Apollo wrote: »

Must be a cultural divide here. This happens at any sporting event here in the US. Season ticket holders sell individual game tickets to the highest bidder in nearly every market. 🤷‍♂️
  • Ahmer50x

Must be a cultural divide here. This happens at any sporting event here in the US. Season ticket holders sell individual game tickets to the highest bidder in nearly every market. 🤷‍♂️

Yup. It’s a cultural thing.

Kind of funny. Our sports are regulated in a far more collectivist way and yet the fans behave much more individualistically. Meanwhile in the UK, the sports are far more free market style but then the fans are far more communal.
  • Apollo
    edited May 21

I guess it must be. It's hard enough for fans to get tickets to the CL final as there's so few tickets going around without fans ripping each other off by charging through the nose for it. Good on the clubs for recognising that and trying to do something about it.
  • Ahmer50x

I guess it must be. It's hard enough for fans to get tickets to the CL final as there's so few tickets going around without fans ripping each other off by charging through the nose for it. Good on the clubs for recognising that and trying to do something about it.

I think it’s nice tbh

Here super bowl tickets can go for 5X face value