Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Only1United
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero
    Who cares whos better then who.. Liverpool aren't winning the league yet again Muhahahaha! Maybe next year?.... Oh wait you have said that for the past 10 years :'(
  • SDoofus
    6430 posts Big Money Move
    Saves
    Alisson: 61
    Ederson: 42

Saves per goal
    Alisson: 2.9
    Ederson 2.2

Distribution accuracy:
    Alisson: 80%
    Ederson: 84%

Throw out success:
    Alisson: 158
    Ederson: 130

Punches
    Alisson: 13
    Ederson: 5

Goal kick success:
    Alisson 134
    Ederson: 110

Claims success:
    Alisson: 9
    Ederson: 15
  • Only1United
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Saves

Saves per goal
    Ederson 2.2

Distribution accuracy:

Throw out success:

Punches

Goal kick success:
    Alisson 134

Claims success:

But..... This counts for nothing coming second... Just saying B)
  • Pietu
    6636 posts Big Money Move
    Who cares whos better then who.. Liverpool aren't winning the league yet again Muhahahaha! Maybe next year?.... Oh wait you have said that for the past 10 years :'(

We might not win the league this season but we weren't expected either.
    You can cry all you want, we are better than you and you should get used to it because it will last.
  • SDoofus
    Is it just me, or is it wonderful seeing @Pietu's transformation? He's come a long way from back when he was pandering to the United fans in their thread.
  • Liam9lfc
    8542 posts League Winner
    Sellish wrote: »
    Mate you put your comment in my quote.

Well duh
  • Bob_Dylan
    20708 posts Club Captain
    Saves

Saves per goal
    Ederson 2.2

Distribution accuracy:

Throw out success:

Punches

Goal kick success:
    Alisson 134

Claims success:

Clean sheets:

Alisson: 19
    Ederson: 18

Goals conceded:

Alisson: 20
    Ederson: 22
  • Mike
    10240 posts Has That Special Something
    Is it just me, or is it wonderful seeing @Pietu's transformation? He's come a long way from back when he was pandering to the United fans in their thread.
    Hopefully @Apollo is next to make the transformation
  • Pxul_
    9370 posts League Winner
    Mike wrote: »

I hope not I like Apollo 😂
  • Apollo
    19527 posts World Class
    Mike wrote: »

:D
  • SDoofus
    Bob_Dylan wrote: »
    Saves

Saves per goal
    Ederson 2.2

Distribution accuracy:

Throw out success:

Punches

Goal kick success:
    Alisson 134

Claims success:

Clean sheets:

Goals conceded:

Alisson is better. Not by much, granted, but he's simply done better than Ederson this season, and I don't buy the whole having VVD is the reason why, because it's not like City are easier to score against than us, is it? Their defence closely matches ours.
  • El_Nino
    5398 posts Big Money Move

Worrying about everyone’s success other than your own? Small team mentality right there.
  • Only1United
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero
    El_Nino wrote: »

Worrying about everyone’s success other than your own? Small team mentality right there.

What sucesss have you had?? :D:D:D
  • Pietu

Thank you.

There are good guys over there also but also more annoying people, some of them even make @MyRoomsMessi look like an angel.
  • SDoofus
    Pietu wrote: »

Thank you.

There are good guys over there also but also more annoying people, some of them even make @MyRoomsMessi look like an angel.

I knew they'd test your patience eventually :D
  • Bob_Dylan
    20708 posts Club Captain
    Saves

Saves per goal
    Ederson 2.2

Distribution accuracy:

Throw out success:

Punches

Goal kick success:
    Alisson 134

Claims success:

Clean sheets:

Goals conceded:

Alisson is better. Not by much, granted, but he's simply done better than Ederson this season, and I don't buy the whole having VVD is the reason why, because it's not like City are easier to score against than us, is it? Their defence closely matches ours.

Shut it! That doesn’t fit the narrative!

Also, De Gea is the best keeper in the world!
  • Pietu

Thank you.

I knew they'd test your patience eventually :D

They are more obsessed with us than we are with them, I want to have good conversations but it's impossible with some people
  • SDoofus
    Found these quotes from nearly a year ago, just goes to show how much we've surpassed expectations this season.
    Gervonta wrote: »
    What are your guys realistic targets for next season regarding the PL?

Is the title a big ask considering Jurgen has a squad of players he has near enough brought. Would you be aiming for another top 4 finish ?

Hard to know. Going to have a near completely new midfield so that will take time. Hopefully a 2nd/3rd place and another champions league run.
    We should obviously always aim for the title but I feel 2-4 is the most realistic
    Tamerlane wrote: »

Is the title a big ask considering Jurgen has a squad of players he has near enough brought. Would you be aiming for another top 4 finish ?

I honestly don't know. I think if we lose against Real there will be more pressure to finish in the top 4 and win a cup competition. If we beat Real, we might be able to focus on putting up some challenge for the title. But it's not easy to say, since we finished so far behind City this season.

Depends a lot on whether or not City continue where they left off.

If they do, then it's literally gonna be another 5-way between United, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal for 2nd to 4th. So the aim would be a top 4 finish.

If they do not, however, then a title challenge isn't out of the question.
  • SDoofus
    edited April 2019
    Bonus quotes from @Retro_G, one was from a year ago, one was from yesterday.
    Retro_G wrote: »

The club is going backwards in the league, so realistically, all jokes aside, 5th place sounds about right for Liverpool next season.
    In fairness that Liverpool team should be keeping pace with City, their starting 11 is miles ahead of every other team in the league apart from City, Spurs. Pool have been lucky with injuries too and while City have lost world class talent like KDB.

Proper bottle job mentality with Liverpool, they've a starting 11 capable of winning silverware, yet they're renowned for letting it slip!

• El_Nino
    edited April 2019

I’m a chelsea fan, so in the last decade more than United...
  • Pietu

What do you think of Sarri?
  • forearms
    5139 posts Big Money Move

The club is going backwards in the league, so realistically, all jokes aside, 5th place sounds about right for Liverpool next season.
    In fairness that Liverpool team should be keeping pace with City, their starting 11 is miles ahead of every other team in the league apart from City, Spurs. Pool have been lucky with injuries too and while City have lost world class talent like KDB.

Proper bottle job mentality with Liverpool, they've a starting 11 capable of winning silverware, yet they're renowned for letting it slip!

"Mate, grow up"
  • Bob_Dylan
    20708 posts Club Captain

My football knowledge is unrivalled on this forum. The problem is most of you lot don't have a clue, nor understand the intricacies of a tactical analysis, that's why I need to dumb down my replies. I've more than likely been watching football since before you were born.
  • SDoofus

My football knowledge is unrivalled on this forum. The problem is most of you lot don't have a clue, nor understand the intricacies of a tactical analysis, that's why I need to dumb down my replies. I've more than likely been watching football since before you were born.

:D
  • El_Nino

Honestly don’t know anymore, there’s been times I’ve backed him and Moments I’ve been calling for his head. Right now I’m worried even with him
    Giving youth more chance I still worry he’s too rigid and predictable for the prem. couple that with the need for even more youth progression at Chelsea and while I like Sarri as a manager I’m just not sure he fits what we need
  • Pietu

Honestly don’t know anymore, there’s been times I’ve backed him and Moments I’ve been calling for his head. Right now I’m worried even with him
    Giving youth more chance I still worry he’s too rigid and predictable for the prem. couple that with the need for even more youth progression at Chelsea and while I like Sarri as a manager I’m just not sure he fits what we need

I think he will come good if you give him time but knowing Chelsea he won't get enough time but I hope I'm wrong and you give him time.
  • Kellnerr
    3555 posts National Call-Up

:lol:
  • Couchy
    9572 posts League Winner
    edited April 2019
    Saves

Saves per goal
    Ederson 2.2

Distribution accuracy:

Throw out success:

Punches

Goal kick success:
    Alisson 134

Claims success:

Mistakes leading to a goal

Alisson: 3
    Ederson: 0
  • Pietu
    Couchy wrote: »
    Saves

Saves per goal
    Ederson 2.2

Distribution accuracy:

Throw out success:

Punches

Goal kick success:
    Alisson 134

Claims success:

I think we can all agree that this season they have been better than De Gea
  • Couchy
    9572 posts League Winner
    Couchy wrote: »
    Saves

Saves per goal
    Ederson 2.2

Distribution accuracy:

Throw out success:

Punches

Goal kick success:
    Alisson 134

Claims success:

I think we can all agree that this season they have been better than De Gea

I think we can all agree that’s completely irrelevant to the discussion.