Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Pxul_
    7115 posts Big Money Move
    Alastair wrote: »

Are you lot making up football terms to make your players sound good now? Never heard of a take on in my life.

Does it mean he's not sung any a-ha songs?

Pretty sure it means he hasn’t been dribbled past yet this year.....and we don’t need to make up terms....y’all know how good he is 😉

Ah, that's a more normal term. What is classed as dribbling past though? Seems a very dubious stat to me given everyone would probably describe it in a different way.

tilen11 wrote: »

Are you lot making up football terms to make your players sound good now? Never heard of a take on in my life.

??

Take on is to dribble past somebody and is a commonly used term. Stop trying.

And we dont need to make up anything. He is the best there is :)

It's not common in the UK. A google search suggests it's almost entirely unique to the MLS.

It’s pretty common in the UK? Might be a geographical location thing, but I’ve definitely heard that phrase many times🤷‍♂️
  • Alastair
    9827 posts Moderator
    Pxul_ wrote: »

Pretty sure it means he hasn’t been dribbled past yet this year.....and we don’t need to make up terms....y’all know how good he is 😉

Ah, that's a more normal term. What is classed as dribbling past though? Seems a very dubious stat to me given everyone would probably describe it in a different way.

??

It's not common in the UK. A google search suggests it's almost entirely unique to the MLS.

It’s pretty common in the UK? Might be a geographical location thing, but I’ve definitely heard that phrase many times🤷‍♂️

Must be locational then. I've never heard it in Hereford or Manchester. Asked on mod chat and people in London and Ireland have heard of it but someone from Birmingham hasn't.
  • Littleland95
    16350 posts Moderator
    edited March 19

??

Something like this?

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7qDYnQOKtC0zNuRa/giphy.gifgiphy.gif
  • tilen11
    4775 posts National Call-Up

??

Something like this?

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7qDYnQOKtC0zNuRa/giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Explained
  • Tornado31619
    14863 posts World Class
    Poor signing.
  • Littleland95
    16350 posts Moderator

No way that is happening.

Agent talk to push his wages.
  • LFC Simon 98
    15806 posts World Class

Agree. Would be interesting to see how he’d work in our system mind you. I’d presume in a 4231 with him behind Firmino. Not happening regardless.
  • Pxul_

Agree. Would be interesting to see how he’d work in our system mind you. I’d presume in a 4231 with him behind Firmino. Not happening regardless.

Could be a Salah replacement 🤷‍♂️😂
  • Alastair
    9827 posts Moderator

Italian media are suggesting he's going to United. Personally I think it's just the media trying to make news in a week with no other football stories. He'll probably be at Juve next season.
  • Fabinho - Keita
    Salah - Dybala - Mane
    Firmino

Oh mama.
  • Pxul_
    Fabinho - Keita
    Dybala - Firmino - Mane
    Salah

Oh mama.

Would’ve thought it would be this personally 🤷‍♂️
  • Apollo
    10503 posts Has That Special Something
    Gonna take a lot for Klopp to trust Keita in a 2 given he doesn't really play him in a 3 at the moment
  • Apollo
    Respect to Sadio

Sadio Mané donated £200,000 to the Senegalese village of Bambali to help build a school around 12 months ago.

He asked for this not to be put in the press but one year later, the news has now become public.

Amazing thing to do, fair play to him
  • tilen11
    Apollo wrote: »
    Respect to Sadio

Sadio Mané donated £200,000 to the Senegalese village of Bambali to help build a school around 12 months ago.

He asked for this not to be put in the press but one year later, the news has now become public.

Nice to see that many pro players help out where they can.
  • Apollo
    Respect to Sadio

It definitely seems like that number is increasing as well, what with individual player's charitable acts like Mane's seeming to become more common, and initiatives like the one Mata works with. It's great to see
  • LFC Simon 98
    15806 posts World Class
    Respect to Sadio

It definitely seems like that number is increasing as well, what with individual player's charitable acts like Mane's seeming to become more common, and initiatives like the one Mata works with. It's great to see

I love Juan Mata and his whole outside of football lifestyle. Seems a really civilised human who looks to help whoever whenever he can. Proper role model
  • Wyojasond
    9915 posts League Winner

Italian media are suggesting he's going to United. Personally I think it's just the media trying to make news in a week with no other football stories. He'll probably be at Juve next season.

Yeah he’s likely going to be linked with everyone for the foreseeable future with his situation. This seemed to be the first big time he’s been linked with Liverpool. I’d take him but would rather us go after Werner or Jovic.
  • Pxul_
    For the summer if them 3 are the targets I’d go:

Jovic > Dybala > Werner
  • Apollo
    While people are talking about transfer targets, thought I'd ask: do you think this summer will be the biggest window in a while? Barcelona are buying, looks like Real are buying big, if Chelsea can get their ban postponed they will be. Maybe United too based on rumours. I'm sure I've missed out someone or other. Could be a load of movement all over the place
  • Wyojasond
    9915 posts League Winner
    While people are talking about transfer targets, thought I'd ask: do you think this summer will be the biggest window in a while? Barcelona are buying, looks like Real are buying big, if Chelsea can get their ban postponed they will be. Maybe United too based on rumours. I'm sure I've missed out someone or other. Could be a load of movement all over the place

I was just thinking the same thing the other day. Some big time transfers seem to be on the horizon. I’d add Bayern to that list too.
  • Wyojasond
    9915 posts League Winner
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    For the summer if them 3 are the targets I’d go:

Jovic > Dybala > Werner

I really wasn’t that high on Jovic for awhile but I’ve seen him play a bit more lately and damn that kid is good. Have a feeling he’s heading to Spain though.
  • Apollo

I was just thinking the same thing the other day. Some big time transfers seem to be on the horizon. I’d add Bayern to that list too.

Yeah, it's gonna be interesting to watch. Could be quite a few teams with very different lineups next season
  • Wyojasond
    9915 posts League Winner

Yeah, it's gonna be interesting to watch. Could be quite a few teams with very different lineups next season

Personally I think we’ll only make one, maybe two big signings this summer. A top ST, and De Ligt are my wish list. After that we will likely be pushing some youth up.

United will be interesting to see if they manage to miss the top 4 (which I don’t think they will) but if they do they might have a long offseason. Wonder if Spurs will dip into the market more too. I think Eriksen might finally leave this year.

Real Madrid’s moves could set off a whole domino effect though. Should be fun to follow 😎
  • Apollo
    edited March 20

Personally I think we’ll only make one, maybe two big signings this summer. A top ST, and De Ligt are my wish list. After that we will likely be pushing some youth up.

United will be interesting to see if they manage to miss the top 4 (which I don’t think they will) but if they do they might have a long offseason. Wonder if Spurs will dip into the market more too. I think Eriksen might finally leave this year.

Real Madrid’s moves could set off a whole domino effect though. Should be fun to follow 😎

Yeah Real Madrid is the starting point, agreed. Especially if they sell a few of their ageing players as well, no club's players are safe, they could go after anyone. As for De Ligt, he's a difficult one though, just about every top team that needs a CB will be after him, (and I'm including you guys if Klopp wants a CB, that's not a jibe), he could end up anywhere.

We need a few positions strengthened at United: we don't have a recognised senior RW at the club, a new RB is a must: Young isn't good enough going forward and someone to take over from Matic long term would be great. Plus we need a new CB as well. So we could be spending quite a bit this summer :sweat_smile: I think we'll get at most 3 of those positions though.
  • tilen11

Top striker along with a top CB is all we actually need. We will buy both im sure about that.

Maybe, just maybe we will buy one winger to cover the left side and thats it.

Max 3 players.
  • tilen11
    Oh and CB doesnt have to be world class. Ginter for example, we are apparently interested in him, he has worked with Klopp before, he is a quality ball playing defender and I think 30m is a fair price for him.

Striker however needs to be class. Werner fits our system the most, Jovic is great and clinical af. One or the other.
  • Wyojasond
    9915 posts League Winner
    Oh and CB doesnt have to be world class. Ginter for example, we are apparently interested in him, he has worked with Klopp before, he is a quality ball playing defender and I think 30m is a fair price for him.

Striker however needs to be class. Werner fits our system the most, Jovic is great and clinical af. One or the other.

Saw us linked with Ferro at Benefica too. Don’t know much about him but his price tag has jumped big time lately.