Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• tilen11
    4486 posts National Call-Up
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    We talked about this a few weeks ago that Neuer would be out but he is playing against Augsburg so I bet he plays vs us

Neuer will play.
    Munich will be without Robben, Tolisso, Muller and Boateng. They are confident Coman will play.
  • Pugzilla
    14816 posts World Class
    tilen11 wrote: »
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    We talked about this a few weeks ago that Neuer would be out but he is playing against Augsburg so I bet he plays vs us

Neuer will play.
    Munich will be without Robben, Tolisso, Muller and Boateng. They are confident Coman will play.

Just watched a replay of their game vs Augsburg and Coman had a brace so I think he will play yeah. Very excited hope we rise to the occasion.

• Kellnerr
    1919 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 18
    Alisson
    TAA
    Matip
    Fabinho
    Robertson
    Henderson
    Wijnaldum
    Keita
    Shaqiri
    Salah
    Mane

If Firmino is out.

Wouldn't mind Lallana starting instead of Shaq if Bobby is out for more support in defence. Klopp was quite happy with Keita's last couple of performances, would not be surprised at all if we see Milner-Hendo-Gini tomorrow though :joy:
  • Bob_Dylan
    18458 posts World Class
    Could be risky playing Keita if Fabinho is not in midfield
  • Pooter
    711 posts Semi-Pro
    I don't think the gamble of playing a weaken team in the FA Cup has paid off tbh
  • Tornado31619
    13494 posts Has That Special Something
    Pooter wrote: »
    I don't think the gamble of playing a weaken team in the FA Cup has paid off tbh

Unpopular opinion: if you lose against Bayern, you should rest players in the second leg and focus on the league.
  • tilen11
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Alisson
    TAA
    Matip
    Fabinho
    Robertson
    Henderson
    Wijnaldum
    Keita
    Shaqiri
    Salah
    Mane

If Firmino is out.

Wouldn't mind Lallana starting instead of Shaq if Bobby is out for more support in defence. Klopp was quite happy with Keita's last couple of performances, would not be surprised at all if we see Milner-Hendo-Gini tomorrow though :joy:

My only wish is to never see Adam play again. Harsh but true
  • Pooter
    711 posts Semi-Pro

Unpopular opinion: if you lose against Bayern, you should rest players in the second leg and focus on the league.

Maybe, but if we don't win the league or CL, we're trophy-less for another season
  • tilen11
    Klopp is a big admirer of Jadon Sancho, who wanted to bring him to Anfield while he was leaving Manchester City, but the Citizens were not interested in selling Sancho to the other rival PL clubs. Borussia Dortmund on the other hand, is selling players to the English clubs, but the price, that Dortmund would demand, would have been higher. The Germans bought Jadon for 8m and believe that they can get around 100m+ add ons, like they did with Barcelona, when they sold Ousmane Dembele.

Barcelona winger Malcom, who was bought from Bordeaux last summer, is also interesting to Klopp.

(David Maddock, The Mirror)
  • Kellnerr
    1919 posts Play-Off Hero
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Alisson
    TAA
    Matip
    Fabinho
    Robertson
    Henderson
    Wijnaldum
    Keita
    Shaqiri
    Salah
    Mane

If Firmino is out.

My only wish is to never see Adam play again. Harsh but true

Yeah obviously he is absolutely out of form and has become much worse athletically and should not even be near the starting lineup in such a huge game, but I thought his work rate could be vital because of our weakened defence. Guy runs around for 70 minutes and then is subbed anyway, Shaq in that case.

Goretzka couldn't feature in normal training yesterday, might be a doubt for tonight. Coman trained normally, not sure if he will be risked straight away from the beginning though.

March 10th, Burnley H
    March 13th, Bayern A
    March 17th, Fulham A
    March 31th, Spurs H

no disrespect but the intensity is not really high then so we should be fine. can rest players if we lose by 3 or more goals tonight but that is highly unlikely to happen. If we go through, the quarter finals would be before and after our league game against Chelsea, that would be tricky

• Mike
    9092 posts League Winner
    Couple injuries before United wouldn’t go amiss
  • AEsey
    5789 posts Big Money Move
    @Mike do you reckon united could beat liverpool
    Want an opinion from a non united/liverpool fan
  • Mike
    9092 posts League Winner
    AEsey wrote: »
    Nah, you’re garbage. Got bodied by a PSG team with no Neymar, Cavani and a half fit Verratti.
  • AEsey
    5789 posts Big Money Move
    Mike wrote: »
    AEsey wrote: »
    Nah, you’re garbage. Got bodied by a PSG team with no Neymar, Cavani and a half fit Verratti.

Fair enough lmao
  • Tornado31619
    Tbf our own injuries changed the game.
  • ViVaWhom
    6581 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 19
    Tbf our own injuries changed the game.

this

we had to shoehorn in sanchez and mata into the system made for martial and lingard, if we knew they would miss the game beforehand we would have set up different like PSG could
  • Mike
    9092 posts League Winner
    You fared pretty well yesterday without Lingard and Martial
  • LFC Simon 98
    15233 posts World Class
    I don’t think there’s any doubt United CAN beat us. Just that it’s quite unlikely based on how they’d need to be at their best and us drop a few levels
  • Apollo
    7868 posts League Winner

In a game we had time to prepare for the fact that they weren't going to be playing.
  • Ahmer50x
    11544 posts Has That Special Something
    Our record isn't as good at home as it is away.

I'd be very happy with a point.
  • Wyojasond
    9309 posts League Winner
    looks like Bobby is feeling better. Should start 😎
  • ViVaWhom
    6581 posts Big Money Move

i guess you totally missed the point i was making... since my original reply answers this question :neutral:
  • Wyojasond
    9309 posts League Winner
    What’s everyone got today? I think if we play pretty open we can Knick 3 or 4 goals on them. If Klopp goes more conservative i.e. Milner and Hendo in midfield then I think we’ll be lucky to get out 1-1.

I’m gonna say 3-1.
  • tilen11
    Another new contract at Liverpool FC. Highly-rated youngster Adam Lewis has signed a long-term deal, reward for his progress this season. 19 years old, plays left back or in midfield. Was with first team in Marbella recently.

Klopp wants him to become Robertson's backup once Moreno leaves.
  • Tornado31619

It's Chelsea.
  • Kellnerr
    1919 posts Play-Off Hero
    Another new contract at Liverpool FC. Highly-rated youngster Adam Lewis has signed a long-term deal, reward for his progress this season. 19 years old, plays left back or in midfield. Was with first team in Marbella recently.

Gerrard rated him highly too in the academy, also wanted to sign him last summer.
  • Pugzilla
    14816 posts World Class
    looks like Bobby is feeling better. Should start 😎

Lovely news.

• Apollo
    7868 posts League Winner
    You guys happy with the team picked?
  • Wyojasond
    9309 posts League Winner
    Apollo wrote: »

I think it’s what we all expected. Hate how thin our defense is but it is what it is. Keita will need a big game I think. He’ll need to track back better than he has lately I think.
  • Pooter
    711 posts Semi-Pro
    Apollo wrote: »

Nothing he could do. The defence is thin, but I’m sure we will pull through. Bit strange not seeing vvd on the startin lineup