Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• SDoofus
    5786 posts Big Money Move
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    If we go to united and win, I think the title will be ours imho🤷‍♂️

I don't see us winning at OT, as we barely ever do. Written that game off.

Let me ask you, do you think it is conceivable that City could drop 7 points out of their next 36?
  • Pugzilla
    16457 posts World Class
    Sellish wrote: »
    I don't know. Away against United & Everton. Two teams who would love to destroy your title hope.
    Watford is never easy aswell.

But City doesn't have a single easy game there.
    Home against West Ham maybe.

Watford gets smashed by us ever since we stoped putting Milner LB.

One game at a time Klopp needs to stress this. Focus on one game at a time.
  • Pxul_
    8087 posts League Winner
    SDoofus wrote: »

Let me ask you, do you think it is conceivable that City could drop 7 points out of their next 36?

100%
  • SDoofus

100%

In that case, we'd only need to win 10 of our final 13 games to win the title. If City dropped 7 points out of 36, we get 3 complete free hits and can still win the title.
  • Pxul_
    8087 posts League Winner

100%

In that case, we'd only need to win 10 of our final 13 games to win the title. If City dropped 7 points out of 36, we get 3 complete free hits and can still win the title.

Games for major concern for me is Bournemouth Man united and Chelsea.

The rest could be a concern if we don’t win the first (for a confidence boost)

• SDoofus

100%

Title is ours, imo.
  • Pxul_
    8087 posts League Winner

100%

Title is ours, imo.

Wish I had your confidence 😂
  • SDoofus

100%

Title is ours, imo.

Wish I had your confidence 😂

giphy.gif
  • Pugzilla
    16457 posts World Class

100%

Title is ours, imo.

• Pxul_
    8087 posts League Winner
    What lineup are we expecting for Bournemouth?

Is TAA back in training?
  • SDoofus

Is TAA back in training?

Same as West Ham, I reckon. Heard nothing about TAA, and saw that Wijnaldum and Henderson were likely to miss this one too.

Salah loves Bournemouth.
  • Pxul_
    8087 posts League Winner

Is TAA back in training?

Same as West Ham, I reckon. Heard nothing about TAA, and saw that Wijnaldum and Henderson were likely to miss this one too.

Salah loves Bournemouth.

Can’t think off the top of my head but do Bournemouth have any tricky wingers like zaha or Felipe Anderson
  • SDoofus

Is TAA back in training?

Salah loves Bournemouth.

Can’t think off the top of my head but do Bournemouth have any tricky wingers like zaha or Felipe Anderson

Ibe

ValuableMelodicAfricanparadiseflycatcher-size_restricted.gif

On a serious note, Ryan Fraser and probably David Brooks.
  • Mike
    10048 posts Has That Special Something
    Brooks is injured I think
  • Pxul_
    8087 posts League Winner
    They don’t quite have the legs which is ideal considering it’ll be Milner against them 😂
  • SDoofus
    Mike wrote: »
    Brooks is injured I think

Out for 4 weeks. That's good news for us. Fraser is still weirdly good though.
  • Tornado31619
    17388 posts World Class
    Not wingers, but King and Wilson have also been in good form.
  • Apollo
    15787 posts World Class
    Fully expect you to win, but Bournemouth aren't pushovers. If you need convincing the recent result against Chelsea and their league position shows that. If they're on it on the day they'll give you a good game. Think you'll have too much for them though
  • Mike
    10048 posts Has That Special Something
    It’ll be an easy game, they’ve lost their last 7 away games
  • Sellish
    9421 posts League Winner
    Bournemouth can be good but they are kind of the perfect opposition for Liverpool.
  • El_Nino
    3683 posts National Call-Up
    I honestly don’t get the Liverpool doubt.
    There poor form is very clearly due to a horrendous list of injuries which will get better sooner or later.
    City don’t look good enough to speed away in the title race.
    And what’s this crap from People saying Liverpool scapes wins, yes they do at times, but as the cliche goes that’s very much a good sign not a negative one.

Title is still Liverpool’s for the taking imo
  • Gervonta
    4058 posts National Call-Up
    El_Nino wrote: »
    There poor form is very clearly due to a horrendous list of injuries which will get better sooner or later.
    And what’s this crap from People saying Liverpool scapes wins, yes they do at times, but as the cliche goes that’s very much a good sign not a negative one.

Every team gets injuries no one can use injuries as an excuse , if your player gets injured it’s down to the manager and team to adapt.

Don’t forget city still have KDB to come back to full fitness and form he’s an integral player to them they play much better with him , plus it doesn’t help that probably only Milner in the pool squad has the experience of the pressure of being in a PL title race, Keita and lallana both showed Monday how poor they are which doesn’t exactly fill the fans with confidence especially with gini and ox out , Henderson recovering.

Back to the experience part , now the pressure is on both city and Liverpool , city have players in the squad who are PL title winners and have experience of dealing with the pressure , Liverpool face the cherries level on points with city knowing they can’t afford to slip up the players have to deal with that pressure and in my eyes there’s a fair few who can’t.

I still think city will win the league but I hope Liverpool don’t make it easy for them tbh.

• El_Nino
    3683 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 7
    Gervonta wrote: »
    El_Nino wrote: »

Every team gets injuries no one can use injuries as an excuse , if your player gets injured it’s down to the manager and team to adapt.

Don’t forget city still have KDB to come back to full fitness and form he’s an integral player to them they play much better with him , plus it doesn’t help that probably only Milner in the pool squad has the experience of the pressure of being in a PL title race, Keita and lallana both showed Monday how poor they are which doesn’t exactly fill the fans with confidence especially with gini and ox out , Henderson recovering.

Back to the experience part , now the pressure is on both city and Liverpool , city have players in the squad who are PL title winners and have experience of dealing with the pressure , Liverpool face the cherries level on points with city knowing they can’t afford to slip up the players have to deal with that pressure and in my eyes there’s a fair few who can’t.

I still think city will win the league but I hope Liverpool don’t make it easy for them tbh.

Every team gets injuries but not to the extent that Liverpool currently have in such specific positions.

City have had a fully fit KDB for weeks and there results have been poorer with him...

The pressure thing you may have somewhat of a point, but this is a team that went to the CL final and may have won it if not for bad luck/foul play, so they can clearly cope with pressure, you may be right and Liverpool might bottle it, but I don’t see it this time
  • Bob_Dylan
    19409 posts World Class
    Sellish wrote: »
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    Imagine thinking a team whose record after 25 games is W19 D5 L1 is suddenly going to fall to third because they drew a couple of games whilst ravaged by injuries :D

Spurs' upcoming fixtures:

Leicester
    Dortmund
    Burnley away
    Chelsea away
    Arsenal
    Dortmund away
    Southampton away
    Palace
    Liverpool away

I'd be very surprised if the gap between ourselves and Spurs isn't bigger than the current 5 points, when all that is said and done.

thing is you lot have been poor 90% of the time and have scraped win, that luck had to end sometime, now you are getting the results your performances deserve and if this continues you will be a distant 2nd (think you will still stay ahead of spurs)

Poor 90% of the time lmao. Talk about exaggeration. City ain’t exactly been the team they were last year either

Is it just me who thinks City are even better this year just without the luck?

😂😂😂
  • SDoofus
    edited February 7
    Torres
    Benayoun - Gerrard - Kuyt
    Alonso - Mascherano
    Aurelio - Hyypia - Carragher - Arbeloa
    Reina

vs

Sturridge - Suarez
    Sterling
    Coutinho - Henderson
    Gerrard
    Flanagan - Sakho - Skrtel - Johnson
    Mignolet

vs

Mane - Firmino - Salah
    Keita/AOC - Wijnaldum
    Fabinho
    Robertson - VVD - Gomez - TAA
    Alisson

Who wins?
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    Torres
    Kuyt - Gerrard - Benayoun
    Mascherano - Alonso
    Arbeloa - Carragher - Hyypia - Aurelio
    Reina

vs

Sturridge - Suarez
    Sterling
    Coutinho - Henderson
    Gerrard
    Flanagan - Sakho - Skrtel - Johnson
    Mignolet

vs

Mane - Firmino - Salah
    Keita/AOC - Wijnaldum
    Fabinho
    Robertson - VVD - Gomez - TAA
    Alisson

Who wins?

Between the 1st and 3rd for me
  • Bob_Dylan
    19409 posts World Class
    1>3>>>2
  • Gervonta
    4058 posts National Call-Up
    Imagine 3’s defence with 2’s midfield and forward line.
  • Tornado31619
    17388 posts World Class
    From those three teams, who would you pick for a combined XI?