• SDoofus
    2955 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hazard has more touches so he’s better.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    13961 posts Has That Special Something
    Take the 3 Pts and run.
  • Pugzilla
    14462 posts Has That Special Something
    Hazard has built a career on dribbling two people and safe passing it to Alonso.
  • SDoofus
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    Hazard has built a career on dribbling two people and safe passing it to Alonso.

:D
  • SDoofus
    Watching matches the other top 6 play (City aside) makes me realise how efficiently good we are.
  • SDoofus
    Update:

Mohamed “one season wonder” Salah = 17 goals and 7 assists (24 total)

Eden “best player in the League” Hazard = 12 goals and 10 assists (22 total)

:/
  • SDoofus
    7 points ahead of City
    9 ahead of Spurs
    10 ahead of Chelsea

Easy work.
  • Elpistolero91
    466 posts Sunday League Hero
    SDoofus wrote: »
    7 points ahead of City
    9 ahead of Spurs
    10 ahead of Chelsea

Easy work.

Utd fans got their city pyjamas on already.
  • SDoofus

Hazard wants to reunite with Salah.
  • Adrian095
    33306 posts National Team Captain
    edited January 13
  • ChrisLFC
    6569 posts Big Money Move
    Trent :D
  • Pxul_
    6053 posts Big Money Move
    Serious question: When is Keita actually going to get some game time?

I’ve never been so confused about it, he’s obviously better than hendo and Milner but he’s still not getting any chances.
  • tilen11
    4152 posts National Call-Up
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Serious question: When is Keita actually going to get some game time?

I’ve never been so confused about it, he’s obviously better than hendo and Milner but he’s still not getting any chances.

He still needs time. He needs more of it then others. When he came, I think he didnt speak any english and he also never really spoke good german.
    Also needs to work on his fitness. I hope he gets playing time soon.
  • Alastair
    9016 posts Moderator
    Sorry for the very delayed reply, I've had a busy few days.

Alastair wrote: »
    Devers wrote: »
    Prem is the holy grail though and cant blame him in a way

This post shows a lot about one of the main sources of discontent in modern football today (supporters having differing values to others). Clubs, coaches and fans seem to think the PL matters most yet it seems most supporters who attend games seem to think differently and put FA Cup and the PL on an even pedestal.

I can understand clubs and coaches treating it more importantly as it's a business decision but I always find the difference between fans and supporters views strange.

Out of interest, why do you you think it's more important? Is it just because you haven't won it for 29 years or would you still feel the same if you had?

(Not trying to cause offence with the differentiation between fans and supporters but that seems to be the universally accepted names to differentiate).

I don't agree with this. I assume you're a fan of a lower League team? As that's the mentality I tend to come across with fans of lower League teams. There is no way that the FA Cup and the PL Cup are on an even pedestal. Maybe 10+ years ago, you'd have a slight argument, but definitely not anymore.

Wenger won like 3 FA Cups in 4 years and still got the sack, would he have got the sack if you swapped them with 3 PL trophies?

LVG got sacked immediately after winning the FA Cup because, according to United fans, they finished outside the top 4.

Conte won the FA Cup last season, but got the sack, again, probably because Chelsea didn't make top 4.

So, judging on that from the last few years alone, it's actually a bit of a stretch to say the FA Cup is on an even pedestal with top 4, let alone with the actual PL trophy.

I'd imagine if you literally went to Stamford Bridge, OT, Etihad, Anfield, etc on a match day and did a survey asking what's more important, these "supporters" would still vote for the PL trophy, by far. Like 95% of them. Lower league fans are far removed from what it's like at a top club, no offense.

I'm a supporter of a lower league team yes. My whole point is that supporters value it higher but fans and clubs don't. It's the clubs who sack the managers not the fans.

Ignoring the Etihad because the only people there are related to the players. :joy: I think if you went into the Stretford End, the views would be a lot nearer 50:50. I'm deliberately leaving the Kop out of this one because when you've not won something for 30 years it's different.

Sellish wrote: »
    I would love to see a UCL spot for the FA Cup winner instead of fourth place.

Would make that cup worth so much more.

This is something which I think the game needs. Sadly current UEFA rules ban UCL places going to cups but hopefully in the 2022 revamp them consider it.

Alastair wrote: »
    Prem is the holy grail though and cant blame him in a way

This post shows a lot about one of the main sources of discontent in modern football today (supporters having differing values to others). Clubs, coaches and fans seem to think the PL matters most yet it seems most supporters who attend games seem to think differently and put FA Cup and the PL on an even pedestal.

I can understand clubs and coaches treating it more importantly as it's a business decision but I always find the difference between fans and supporters views strange.

Out of interest, why do you you think it's more important? Is it just because you haven't won it for 29 years or would you still feel the same if you had?

(Not trying to cause offence with the differentiation between fans and supporters but that seems to be the universally accepted names to differentiate).

Its because we havent won it for so long, but i love the FA cup and am disappointed we are out, wanted to have a real crack at it this year

That makes sense for why. Thought that'd be the case. :+1:
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    Hazard has more touches so he’s better.

And

Hyppia was better than Carragher.
  • SDoofus
    Can’t decide what result I want for the Spurs vs United game :D

Spurs winning shuts all those United fans who have gotten so giddy after beating the League’s dross. It also shunts their momentum. I don’t want them getting CL next year :)

United winning is obviously a lot better for our title aspirations.

Draw probably a decent result, but that won’t exactly stop the giddiness of the United fans.
  • Pugzilla
    14462 posts Has That Special Something

Spurs winning shuts all those United fans who have gotten so giddy after beating the League’s dross. It also shunts their momentum. I don’t want them getting CL next year :)

Draw probably a decent result, but that won’t exactly stop the giddiness of the United fans.

I'm personally wanting, and predicting, a Spurs win. They lose Son for a month after this game and Lucas is also injured. Their squad is paper thin I think the race is us and City so this game doesnt mean all that much as far as the title goes.
  • Adrian095

You're still on about this smh
  • Adrian095
    edited January 13
    Imagine being triggered by **supposed** giddy United fans when you're top of the table :D :D
  • SDoofus
    Calm down :/
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ

Nothing will be better than to watch Everton and Utd lose.
  • Flapjack
    6844 posts Big Money Move
    Really couldn't care less about United or their fans being giddy tbh. At this moment our main rivals are Spurs and City so If them beating Spurs helps Liverpool in their bid for the title then I'm all for it.

We win the title and I couldn't be arsed if they ended up 2nd or 20th. And fwiw, they're 9 points behind Chelsea so there's still some ways for them to go to get that 4th spot.
  • Wyojasond
    8840 posts League Winner
    edited January 13
    What did everyone think of Fabinho at CB yesterday. I was in Vegas and only caught bits and pieces of the game. Obviously he won’t be there all the time but sounds like he did enough of a job.

Listening to grumpy pundits as well and some talk of possibly going after Ake or Lacselles for cover. Would you take either one?
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    What did everyone think of Fabinho at CB yesterday. I was in Vegas and only caught bits and pieces of the game. Obviously he won’t be there all the time but sounds like he did enough of a job.

Listening to grumpy pundits as well and some talk of possibly going after Ake or Lacselles for cover. Would you take either one?

Looked calm and composed.
  • tilen11
    4152 posts National Call-Up

He did ok. He was often out of position and didnt mark as he should but was calm on the ball and passes were fantastic. He is a good cover for the CB position.
  • Pxul_
    6053 posts Big Money Move
    He’s a better cb than Lovren
  • SDoofus
    Spurs dropping even more points to another mid table team, surely they’re out of the race now?