Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Pxul_
    6707 posts Big Money Move
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Henderson appears to be a doubt for tomorrow, so with that in mind, what's your preferred team for Brighton?

I'd go
    Salah
    Mane - Firmino - Shaqiri
    Keita - Wijnaldum
    Robertson - VVD - Fabinho - TAA
    Alisson

However, I can't see past Klopp picking Milner, even though he's awful. It'll be at the expense of Shaqiri or Keita.

That looks like our strongest lineup given injuries atm
  • Sercs
    18123 posts World Class
    Henderson appears to be a doubt for tomorrow, so with that in mind, what's your preferred team for Brighton?

I'd go
    Salah
    Mane - Firmino - Shaqiri
    Keita - Wijnaldum
    Robertson - VVD - Fabinho - TAA
    Alisson

However, I can't see past Klopp picking Milner, even though he's awful. It'll be at the expense of Shaqiri or Keita.

Tbh prob need the cover if 4231, with Fabinho also able to carry the ball out
  • Wyojasond
    9328 posts League Winner
    edited January 11
    Just read Matip might be able to go for the game tomorrow. Didn’t think we’d see him til February. Great news if it’s true. Hopefully Gomez is right behind him
    Post edited by Wyojasond on
  • Pxul_
    How would you guys rate our CB’s in order? I’m sure the general consensus is:
    VVD
    Gomez
    Matip

Lovren
  • SDoofus
    3821 posts National Call-Up
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    VVD
    Gomez
    Matip

Lovren

VVD is the best CB in the League, possible even in the world, so that's really easy.

VVD

Gomez

Matip/Lovren
  • Wyojasond
    9328 posts League Winner
    It is a bit crazy how much Matip has fallen in the pecking order. Last season we couldn’t wait to see him and VVD paired together and now you cringe at him starting almost as much as you do Lovren. Can’t wait for Gomez to get back, but the kid has had so many injuries already in his young career that you will always have to have a good backup for him going forward 🤷‍♂️
  • SDoofus
    edited January 11
    It is a bit crazy how much Matip has fallen in the pecking order. Last season we couldn’t wait to see him and VVD paired together and now you cringe at him starting almost as much as you do Lovren. Can’t wait for Gomez to get back, but the kid has had so many injuries already in his young career that you will always have to have a good backup for him going forward 🤷‍♂️

Feels like all 3 of our RCBs are incredibly injury prone. Thank god VVD isn't. I was worried about that after he spent like half a year out of action at Southampton, but so far he's been bulletproof, hopefully it continues as he's literally a game changer.
  • Sellish
    7565 posts League Winner
    Honestly, what do you think would happen if VVD got a serious injury any time soon?
  • SDoofus
    Sellish wrote: »
    Honestly, what do you think would happen if VVD got a serious injury any time soon?

We'd start conceding more, for a start.
  • Sellish
    7565 posts League Winner

Obviously.

But how big is the risk for a total meltdown or do you think you could handle it?
  • Pxul_

Obviously.

But how big is the risk for a total meltdown or do you think you could handle it?

It depends when he got injured...

If he gets injured now then yes total meltdown.
  • Wyojasond
    9328 posts League Winner
    Honestly if we lost him we’d be on the same level as arsenal, Chelsea and ManU I think. Not that I think we’re miles ahead of them squad wise but having VVD has helped us jump all of them so much in the last year
  • SDoofus
    Careful, they'll start calling us a two man team now...
  • SDoofus
    Dwo5ZHJX0AEdIwI.jpg
  • Wyojasond
    9328 posts League Winner

😂 fair enough. I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. I honestly don’t think the top 6 are separated by all that much talent. Obviously City is loaded and has great depth but outside that any top 6 game can go anyway.

What I think Chelsea, Arsenal and ManU lack are leaders. I think that’s why Liverpool, City and Spurs have separated themselves more this year. We could easily give the captains armband to 6-7 players and feel supremely confident in them leading the team. Not many other teams can honestly say that. Just my opinion
  • Elpistolero91
    542 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited January 11
    VVD
    Gomez
    Matip

Lovren

VVD
    Gomez
    Matip
    My 96 year old 4'8" nan
    Everyone else in the world ever

Lovren
  • SDoofus
    edited January 11

😂 fair enough. I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. I honestly don’t think the top 6 are separated by all that much talent. Obviously City is loaded and has great depth but outside that any top 6 game can go anyway.

What I think Chelsea, Arsenal and ManU lack are leaders. I think that’s why Liverpool, City and Spurs have separated themselves more this year. We could easily give the captains armband to 6-7 players and feel supremely confident in them leading the team. Not many other teams can honestly say that. Just my opinion

I think, overall, man for man, Arsenal are the weakest, by far. I look at their line up most match days and think to myself, how did they get to this point? Team genuinely looks rubbish apart from the odd star quality sprinked on top, i.e. Aubameyang.

Then it is between United and Chelsea. Chelsea are so overly reliant on Hazard, it's not even funny. Take him out, and that team struggles to make top 4 every season, it's embarrassing that they've gotten to that point, really. As for United, most weeks, I get a similar vibe looking at their teamsheets as I do with Arsenal, but they've just got a lot more depth, which puts them ahead of Arsenal, man for man.

Then you've got Spurs, who have a relatively small squad, but when that squad consists of players like Kane, Eriksen, Dele Alli, Son, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Trippier, Dembele, etc then you're always going to be strong, as they've shown over the last few seasons.

Then it is between us and City. City win, due to their quality in depth and their quality in midfield. Our midfield is more workman-like than theirs, whereas theirs is pure, unadulterated genuine star quality. Personally, I prefer our back 5 to City's and as for the front 3, I'd say it is very, very close.

All in all, I disagree. City and Liverpool are far superior than the rest of them at the moment.
  • Kman
    2412 posts Fans' Favourite

I think, overall, man for man, Arsenal are the weakest, by far. I look at their line up most match days and think to myself, how did they get to this point? Team genuinely looks rubbish apart from the odd star quality sprinked on top, i.e. Aubameyang.

Then it is between United and Chelsea. Chelsea are so overly reliant on Hazard, it's not even funny. Take him out, and that team struggles to make top 4 every season, it's embarrassing that they've gotten to that point, really. As for United, most weeks, I get a similar vibe looking at their teamsheets as I do with Arsenal, but they've just got a lot more depth, which puts them ahead of Arsenal, man for man.

Then you've got Spurs, who have a relatively small squad, but when that squad consists of players like Kane, Eriksen, Dele Alli, Son, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Trippier, Dembele, etc then you're always going to be strong, as they've shown over the last few seasons.

Then it is between us and City. City win, due to their quality in depth and their quality in midfield. Our midfield is more workman-like than theirs, whereas theirs is pure, unadulterated genuine star quality. Personally, I prefer our back 5 to City's and as for the front 3, I'd say it is very, very close.

All in all, I disagree. City and Liverpool are far superior than the rest of them at the moment.

Cool man
  • tilen11
    4505 posts National Call-Up
    VVD
    Gomez
    Matip

Lovren

VVD ahead of everyone obvious
    Gomez
    Matip (he sometimes appears clumsy, unsure but is miles ahead of Lovren imo)
    Lovren

Sakho was also clumsy and I was genuinely afraid everytime he had the ball but he was much better then Lovren also.
  • tilen11
    4505 posts National Call-Up
    Matip looks like he will be ready for our next game against Palace. Thank god.
  • Pugzilla
    14836 posts World Class
    Need to up this tempo
  • AEsey
    5801 posts Big Money Move
    Brighton have been quite good today
    They are playing quite compact and not really offering anything going forward
  • Pugzilla
    14836 posts World Class
    AEsey wrote: »

I don’t like to rip on our captain but we have one player that doesn’t look forward and constantly passes to our CBs so that may help Brighton look good.

• Pugzilla
    14836 posts World Class
    Shocking violence on our Egyptian king very happy he wasn’t injured on that stonewall pen.
  • Devers
    6742 posts Big Money Move
    Pugzilla wrote: »

I don’t like to rip on our captain but we have one player that doesn’t look forward and constantly passes to our CBs so that may help Brighton look good.

He slows us down to much, midfield needs to be faster in the transition from back to front
  • AEsey
    5801 posts Big Money Move
    Pugzilla wrote: »

Yeah I think that does help
  • SDoofus
    Lovely 3 points.
  • Bob_Dylan
    18458 posts World Class
    Lovely 3 points.

Vital
  • Devers
    6742 posts Big Money Move
    Massive 3 points