tfconcacafsemisstats_zps9hqmqca7.png

Match Events
    tfcconcacafsemievents_zpspsw5sloz.png

Match Ratings
    tfcconcacafsemiratings_zpsszcaqhfy.png
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Oh. My. Goodness.
    Could this crisis end for Toronto sooner or later?
  • ale85bg wrote: »
    Oh. My. Goodness.
    Could this crisis end for Toronto sooner or later?

It has been start to the calendar year.
  • concafsf1_zps2q1m0wyi.png

Three goal deficit is going to be just about impossible to overcome in Mexico.
  • CONCACAF Champions League Semifinals

Club Leon vs Toronto FC, Second Leg

• Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    Shutting them out on their ground was a good way to go out at least. :)
    I'll assume you watched Toronto last night (Wednesday) in the MLS Cup playoffs. That was probably the best playoff series that I can recall watching in recent memory. The finals with Seattle ought to be a good one.
  • bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    Yeah, we played well in Mexico but the first leg killed us.

You bet I watched Toronto FC beat Montreal. What a classic!
  • bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    tfcconcacafseminfinal2_zpsew05de9m.png

Match Statistics
    tfcconcacaf2semifinals2_zpsgd4aocmg.png

Match Events
    tfcconcacafevents2_zpsqt7gqrvv.png

Match Ratings
    tfcconcafsemifinals2ratings_zpswze8amfi.png
  • bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    concacafstandings_zpsw1sonux7.png

It was a great run while it lasted. Time to get ready to defend our MLS title.
  • bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 18
    tfcmarch_zpsqvhsxfrs.png

We kick off our title defense in March with games against Chicago, New York FC and Columbus
    Post edited by bhurst99 on
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    The comeback was near!! Sadly, the 1-4 was too much for Toronto.

Nice job. I really like to follow this story. I had the chance to live in the US for a while and I enjoy the MLS.

Good luck in the new season!
  • ale85bg
    Good result in the second leg of the cup, unfortunately you couldn't make up for the disaster that happened in the first leg, but hopefully it'll help build some momentum anyway.
  • bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    subpop wrote: »
    The comeback was near!! Sadly, the 1-4 was too much for Toronto.

Nice job. I really like to follow this story. I had the chance to live in the US for a while and I enjoy the MLS.

Good luck in the new season!
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Good result in the second leg of the cup, unfortunately you couldn't make up for the disaster that happened in the first leg, but hopefully it'll help build some momentum anyway.

It's disappointing. I really wanted to make it to the CONCACAF Final. Hopefully, we can repeat our MLS success this year.

• bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 18
    mlscupfinalpicnewyear_zpsdhzmvn3x.png

tfcrecord_zpsrw4gwcuk.png

I don't know if we can repeat our success from last year which included the MLS Cup and the Canadian Championship. Our we good enough to have the best record in the MLS?
  • ale85bg
    Let's make a deal: you don't win the 'real' MLS Cup this weekend, and you can win everything you want in this career. :joy:

Joking of course, good luck for Saturday's match... May the best team win! comeonyougreens.gifcomeonyoublues.gif
  • bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    Let's make a deal: you don't win the 'real' MLS Cup this weekend, and you can win everything you want in this career. :joy:

Joking of course, good luck for Saturday's match... May the best team win! comeonyougreens.gifcomeonyoublues.gif

NO DEAL! LOL

I hope it's a good game Saturday. Or a bad game that TFC wins.
  • bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    Toronto at Chicago, Second Season, MLS Game One

• Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    Woo! Yay! All right! Great way to start the season with a win...for the Galaxy. :p Just kidding. Nice second half for Toronto after being outplayed the first by the look of it. Won't be easy to defend the title, but off to a good start.
  • ale85bg
    edited December 2016
    bhurst99 wrote: »
    I feel pretty sorry for you all, man...
    I've seen the highlights and it's been one of the least deserved wins in history... :|
    Still happy for Frei though! :)
  • ale85bg wrote: »
    I feel pretty sorry for you all, man...
    I've seen the highlights and it's been one of the least deserved wins in history... :|
    Still happy for Frei though! :)

Yeah, I was sick all day about it Sunday. That's going to sting for a long time.

• tfcs1picture_zpslsm2kkfc.png

Match Statistics
    tfcs1stats_zpsfenwaygc.png

Match Events
    tfcs1events_zpsgs3i5nol.png

Match Ratings
    tfcs1ratings_zpsir0bpivr.png
  • mls16s1_zpssjftcqsa.png
  • ale85bg
    Felt like convincing win... Keep it up!
  • bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    torontofcpic2_zpsxudrvvbw.png

Due to a corrupt hard drive (what a nightmare) there is no video for the second game.
  • Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    Now that I know New York won, I don't think I would want to see the video anyway. :o Still some work to be done. :)
  • ale85bg
    D'OH! Well, at least it's the least annoying team in New York!
  • bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Now that I know New York won, I don't think I would want to see the video anyway. :o Still some work to be done. :)
    D'OH! Well, at least it's the least annoying team in New York!

I'm sure we play them two more times this season so we'll have a chance for revenge,

• bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 13
    mls16stand2_zpss15ineud.png
  • ale85bg
    I'm sure we play them two more times this season so we'll have a chance for revenge
    Yeah, I've never ever got my head around the MLS schedule to be honest... Is it "a single match against teams from the other conference and two/three against teams of the same conference"?
    You guys are complicated... It was better in 2011 when you got to face each team twice regardless of their conference and that was it. :joy:

• bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    I'm sure we play them two more times this season so we'll have a chance for revenge
    Yeah, I've never ever got my head around the MLS schedule to be honest... Is it "a single match against teams from the other conference and two/three against teams of the same conference"?
    You guys are complicated... It was better in 2011 when you got to face each team twice regardless of their conference and that was it. :joy:

It's changed because they still play 34 games although there are more teams.

In 2015 -- the current year of this dynasty -- teams played the other conference once, and teams in their own conference either two or three times.