Toronto FC Video Dynasty - Year Two - New York FC vs Toronto FC

bhurst99
925 posts Semi-Pro
edited April 27
"We're the worst team in the world."
-- Striker Danny Koevermans about his own team, Toronto FC, on May 22, 2012

Now who wouldn't want to manage that club?

tfcintro4_zps6dc3b8ad.png

It's time to do the football dynasty I've always wanted to do featuring my local MLS club Toronto FC in FIFA.

tfcintro1a_zps6a5c4bf6.png
Post edited by bhurst99 on

Comments

• bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    Time to bring over my Toronto FC dynasty from the old EA Sports site. Let`s play a little catch up.
  • bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    Major League Soccer dynasties have traditionally been a bit of an issue in FIFA because unlike European teams that face relegation, promotion and European competition in either the Europa or Champions League the MLS clubs aren't given much love in FIFA. The US clubs can complete in the MLS and the U.S. Open and that's it.

There's no entry into the regional championship (called CONCACAF Champions League) against the Mexican and other Central American teams like real life. It's even more of an issue to run a Canadian team in FIFA since they don't compete in the U.S. Open.

Well, I've changed that.

The Moddingway mod (PC only) adds the CONCACAF Champions League and the FIFA Clubs World Cup. The CONCACAF Champions League only has eight teams. The winner is one of the four clubs that competes in the FIFA Club World Cup (there are more teams in real life).

I used Creation Master 15 to create a Canadian Championship. In real life the three Canadian MLS team play a four-team tournament with the NASL Edmonton club. Since the NASL is not part of FIFA or any existing mod, I created a three team Canadian Championship -- Montreal will play Toronto home and away in a semifinal for the right to play Vancouver in the final (Vancouver is probably the best of the three MLS clubs historically so I've given them the bye into the final).

tfcintro5_zpsee8d78a3.png

I then edited the CONCACAF Champions League to allow the Canadian winner entry into the eight-team tournament just like real life. (One other note: since the first year's Champions League teams are set before you start play in FIFA, I've given TFC one of the spots. So the winner of the 2014 Canadian title in my dynasty doesn't play in the CONCACAF tourney until 2015. I couldn't get around that). So in theory (or at least in my simulated test dynasty) you could get something stupid like this:

tfcintro3_zpse9ce9856.png

Since this dynasty starts in 2014, the new MLS clubs, Orlando and New York FC are not included.

I will be using the default rosters which include Jermaine Defoe on TFC. By the time you're reading this I expect he'll have been sold.

The format for this dynasty will be a bit different from my FIFA Video Dynasty of Bryan Hurst that will continue. First my intention here is only to manage Toronto FC. Once I'm fired, this dynasty is done.
  • bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    tfcintro2a_zps42cba48a.png

That's a very realistic goal.
  • bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    So let's take a look at the roster

tfcgoaliers_zpsdc58de08.png

Bendik played pretty well in real life. He'll be the man for every game. If he gets injured we're in deep, deep trouble.
  • bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    tfcdef1_zpse5dfd88e.png

Caldwell and Morrow are going to be the anchors of the defense. Wish me luck with that.

I think we're going to see more than a few 3-2 games. I'm terrible on defense and these guys aren't going to help my failings. Basically, I'm hoping to out-score my errors.

The defense will be the first place we'll be looking to make transfers but I have closed the first transfer window.
  • bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    tfcdef2_zps396c8d33.png

The talent level on defense drops off a cliff after the starting defenders. Any injury to the backline will be a catastrophe.
  • bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    tfcmid1_zpsaba7da9f.png

I can't wait to play with Bradley. He's going to be a boss in midfield.
  • bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    tfcmid2_zpsexamgaum.png

Oduro has some incredible speed and that may win him a position in the starting 11 sooner rather than later.

On the other hand, Bekker's terrible individual ratings seem to have little relation to his overall rating of 63. He'll need a few injuries ahead of him to ever see the pitch.
  • bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    tfcforwards1_zpssxfqwbxr.png

Very happy with our strikers. I think Defoe will dominate. I think we should nickname Gilberto -- Goal-berto -- now.

It would be nice to see de Rosario contribute as he was a big disappointment in real life.
  • bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    Toronto FC vs Gyeongnam, Friendly Game One

• bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    tfcstory1_zpsakmtjjdc.png

tfcex1report_zpstmgs3g72.png
  • bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    AC Ajaccio vs Toronto FC, Friendly Game Two

• bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro

tfcex2_zpsqjfbsnkm.png

Match Statistics
    tfcscoreex2a_zpsc2x0nh3f.png

Match Events
    tfcscoreex2b_zps8opvmf8o.png

Player Ratings
    tfcscoreex2c_zpsxmasencr.png
  • bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    Toronto FC vs Royal Mouscron Peruwelz, Friendly Game Three

• bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro

tfcex3pic_zpsmehw3ck2.png

Match Statistics
    tfcscoreboard_zpss8gwmzdc.png

Match Events
    tfc3xevents_zpsyeq4kgyn.png

Match Ratings

tfc3exratings_zpszbtyat0k.png
  • bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    tfcmarch_zps4eq030r6.png

We're kicking off the season with three games in six days, followed by a long break. Very strange.

We travel to Salt Lake City, then north to Seattle three days later, followed by the home opener at BMO Field against DC United.
  • bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    tfcintrotofirstgame_zps0ygtutdh.png

Let's get this party started.
  • bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    Real Salt Lake vs Toronto FC, League Game One

• bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    tfc1save_zps6xwjnhr1.png

Match Stats
    tfc1stats_zpswipktfy0.png

Match Events
    tfc1events_zps4dvqr5wr.png

Match Ratings
    tfc1ratings_zpsuoyowdl8.png

• bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    mlsstand1_zpsqfecz7xz.png
  • bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    Seattle vs Toronto, League Game Two

• bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    tfc3pic_zps5xjigsq9.png

Match Stats
    tfc3stats_zpsnqyu90r9.png

Match Events
    tfc3events_zpstwluekgs.png

Match Ratings
    tfc3rate_zpsqarnkbis.png
    [/B]
  • bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    mlsstand3_zpsds6rftwk.png

Need a win to keep us out of our familiar spot, the basement.
  • bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    tfcbeforethird_zpsybvpdhkc.png

We better win our home opener. Bradley wasn't sent off in the last game. I don't know what they are talking out. Stupid media. Bradley will play.

Bekker is only out for five days. No big loss there.
  • dannyboy
    12802 posts Has That Special Something
    Still waiting for a win. :p

They probably mixed up the yellow and red cards.
  • bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Still waiting for a win. :p

They probably mixed up the yellow and red cards.

Here it comes!
  • bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    Toronto vs DC United, League Game Three -- Home Opener

Did that just happen?
  • bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    torontofc3pic_zpskacd1ith.png

Match Stats
    torontofc3stats_zps3m4v77gv.png

Match Events
    torontofcevents_zpsqbyge1bg.png

Match Ratings

torontofc3rate_zpslcnb9pij.png
  • bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    mlsstand3a_zpsvgxo9qnl.png
  • bhurst99
    925 posts Semi-Pro
    tfcapril_zpsc2ss8l5f.png

So the calendar turns to April after a satisfactory March (1-1-1, two away games). We face Columbus, Colorado and Dallas before the semifinals of the Canadian Championship against Montreal.