EA's approach to fix the problems in the game

1
Amir
783 posts An Exciting Prospect
As you may know, EA nerfed high pressure in the last patch. High pressure was a problem because of AI assisted interceptions. So how did they try to fix it? by nerfing the damn 2nd man press. Now when you do contain or 2nd man press, your players just walk and apply no pressure what so ever and keeps a lot of distance. And what makes it even worse is that it picks the wrong player! For example there are loads of your players close to your opponent but the computer picks your last defender to do 2nd man press leaving your back line open.
Whenever EA wants to fix something, they breaking a tenfold of that. This has been true for almost all of their patches.

Comments

  • the_big_blowfish
    1419 posts Professional
    You're annoyed because you can't get away with the AI doing everything for you? How can toning down something that was massively OP be in anyway an negative.
  • Gromit
    3424 posts National Call-Up
    They needed to nerf dribbling its just so OP has been since 15 players glide past defenders who basically crab walk. Especially in the box. Players can run from the corner flag across the face of the box and pass 3 or 4 defending players who just can't get near him.
  • Amir
    783 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited January 2016
    You're annoyed because you can't get away with the AI doing everything for you? How can toning down something that was massively OP be in anyway an negative.

    no it wasn't the AI doing something for me. This was something that has been in every fifa and now they removed it because people complained about high pressure and that was because AI interceptions were and are still so OP this year. It wasn't 2nd man press that was OP, it was AI interceptions and slide tackles which are still OP.
    I was and still am annoyed about the super assisted AI defending in Fifa 16 which wasn't really in previous Fifa's but this is different. Before, I could use 2nd man press to press my opponent and use the player I control to fill empty spaces or intercept my opponent's pass manually but that's just not possible now. I know a lot of good players have issues with this.
  • Carswell
    8268 posts League Winner
    Have had no issues with what you're having problems with tbf.
  • Lumitesi
    763 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Learn how to defend correctly. 2nd man press was just a mind button that people pressed all game. Now if you use it wrong you open up spaces for the opponent. One of the greatest changes they made.
    Games should be about choices... If some button is so OP you just press it all game without a thought then it might as well be automatic or nerfed.
  • Orison
    48495 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Lumitesi wrote: »
    Learn how to defend correctly. 2nd man press was just a mind button that people pressed all game. Now if you use it wrong you open up spaces for the opponent. One of the greatest changes they made.
    Games should be about choices... If some button is so OP you just press it all game without a thought then it might as well be automatic or nerfed.
    2nd man pressing always opened up spaces, nothing was changed at all...
  • FlyingPorkChop14
    4185 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 2016
    Then stop paying $60+ to watch the AI
    play for you.
  • Amir
    783 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Then stop paying $60+ to watch the AI
    play for you.

    That's what you people don't get! 2nd man press is not the AI defending for you!
  • Amir
    783 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Lumitesi wrote: »
    Learn how to defend correctly. 2nd man press was just a mind button that people pressed all game. Now if you use it wrong you open up spaces for the opponent. One of the greatest changes they made.
    Games should be about choices... If some button is so OP you just press it all game without a thought then it might as well be automatic or nerfed.

    OK, I wasn't gonna post this but I'll post it anyways. Defending was much harder in Fifa 15 because the game wasn't so AI assisted but I had a 0.94 goals conceded per game ratio which means I'm a pretty good defender (I know that sounds cocky). So please don't tell me to learn how to defend. I still defend pretty well but this issue is just annoying.
    752bc0519ab9f77a0a46afcf1129db24.png
  • Fandango83
    403 posts Sunday League Hero
    Gromit wrote: »
    They needed to nerf dribbling its just so OP has been since 15 players glide past defenders who basically crab walk. Especially in the box. Players can run from the corner flag across the face of the box and pass 3 or 4 defending players who just can't get near him.

    If player switching was more responsive, this wouldnt be an issue
  • Amir
    783 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Fandango83 wrote: »
    Gromit wrote: »
    They needed to nerf dribbling its just so OP has been since 15 players glide past defenders who basically crab walk. Especially in the box. Players can run from the corner flag across the face of the box and pass 3 or 4 defending players who just can't get near him.

    If player switching was more responsive, this wouldnt be an issue

    That's true as well, player switching is terrible this year imo.
  • Lumitesi
    763 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Orison wrote: »
    Lumitesi wrote: »
    Learn how to defend correctly. 2nd man press was just a mind button that people pressed all game. Now if you use it wrong you open up spaces for the opponent. One of the greatest changes they made.
    Games should be about choices... If some button is so OP you just press it all game without a thought then it might as well be automatic or nerfed.
    2nd man pressing always opened up spaces, nothing was changed at all...

    I never said it didn't. But when it loses effectiveness those spaces become more relevant.
  • Lumitesi
    763 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Amir wrote: »
    Lumitesi wrote: »
    Learn how to defend correctly. 2nd man press was just a mind button that people pressed all game. Now if you use it wrong you open up spaces for the opponent. One of the greatest changes they made.
    Games should be about choices... If some button is so OP you just press it all game without a thought then it might as well be automatic or nerfed.

    OK, I wasn't gonna post this but I'll post it anyways. Defending was much harder in Fifa 15 because the game wasn't so AI assisted but I had a 0.94 goals conceded per game ratio which means I'm a pretty good defender (I know that sounds cocky). So please don't tell me to learn how to defend. I still defend pretty well but this issue is just annoying.
    752bc0519ab9f77a0a46afcf1129db24.png

    That does not in any way show if you abused mechanics like this to achieve those results or not. I'm sure many other people who abused HP and 2nd man contain had nice records too, that's why it's called abusing game mechanics. You may or may not be one of them, but your overreliance on this button points towards that fact.
  • Amir
    783 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Lumitesi wrote: »
    Amir wrote: »
    Lumitesi wrote: »
    Learn how to defend correctly. 2nd man press was just a mind button that people pressed all game. Now if you use it wrong you open up spaces for the opponent. One of the greatest changes they made.
    Games should be about choices... If some button is so OP you just press it all game without a thought then it might as well be automatic or nerfed.

    OK, I wasn't gonna post this but I'll post it anyways. Defending was much harder in Fifa 15 because the game wasn't so AI assisted but I had a 0.94 goals conceded per game ratio which means I'm a pretty good defender (I know that sounds cocky). So please don't tell me to learn how to defend. I still defend pretty well but this issue is just annoying.
    752bc0519ab9f77a0a46afcf1129db24.png

    That does not in any way show if you abused mechanics like this to achieve those results or not. I'm sure many other people who abused HP and 2nd man contain had nice records too, that's why it's called abusing game mechanics. You may or may not be one of them, but your overreliance on this button points towards that fact.

    It's not abusing the game. It's just defending and now they have nerfed it so massively but they HAVE KEPT the assisted AI interceptions which was the reason that all people could abuse high pressure along with 2nd man press. (it was so easy to counter high pressure and still is).
  • Amir
    783 posts An Exciting Prospect
    And BTW, I feel it is ridiculous that EA releases 5 patches in the game and each time we have to adapt again. Just get it right with the first patch. Patches in other games don't change the game drastically, they just fix bugs usually.
  • Gromit
    3424 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 2016
    It is ridiculous that a game is patched 5 times.

    It makes you wonder what muppets test this game when you can play 5 games and see a dozen problems pretty much every time you play.

    How much would you love to play 5 games with the EA dev team and ask WHY the **** half the things happen.
  • Bidwell
    8359 posts League Winner
    edited January 2016
    rofl are you having a laugh

    1) maybe if you defended by actually moving defenders rather than letting the AI perfectly track their runs you might have less of a problem

    2) you say its ridiculous a game has 5 patches, i reckon its good. it means they realise they didnt release a perfect product and are tryign to remedy it. I'll be surprised if you can find any multiplayer game as popular as fifa that was perfectly balanced on release or within 1 single patch. On the other hand I can show you so many where balance patches have had a positive effect. "Get it right with the first patch" is a juvenile statement.
  • SYMMO19
    862 posts Semi-Pro
    Amir wrote: »
    As you may know, EA nerfed high pressure in the last patch. High pressure was a problem because of AI assisted interceptions. So how did they try to fix it? by nerfing the damn 2nd man press. Now when you do contain or 2nd man press, your players just walk and apply no pressure what so ever and keeps a lot of distance. And what makes it even worse is that it picks the wrong player! For example there are loads of your players close to your opponent but the computer picks your last defender to do 2nd man press leaving your back line open.
    Whenever EA wants to fix something, they breaking a tenfold of that. This has been true for almost all of their patches.

    Never touched A or RB in my life when defending and do fine...before the patch I was division 4 with 1:1 record. Post patch i'm division 1 with 4:1 ratio since and it's enjoyable to see people who can't defend manually struggle.

    Not in any way aimed at the OP btw just in general.

    Beat a guy 3-0 a few days back for example who had an excellent team, I messaged him afterwards about his team and eventually added him as a friend to play some friendlies. I've since beaten him twice more...his record was 475-74 whilst mine is 224-104.

    He readily admitted to using RB press and high pressure and that he has hardly played post patch because he's struggling, and there are plenty more that were good when the AI held their hand but who are struggling now i'd bet.


  • DDMAC007
    142 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Heres a thought dont use second man contain there worst thing in fifa.i wonder if any pros use it i think its effective in certain areas like boxing them in the corner but ive always knew it pulls your team out of postion.When i play some noob useing this i lick my lips 1 through ball and your finished.Learn to defend on your own more effective less AI help then your be a better player than before.Btw nice record on 15
  • HekTic_JukeZ
    2349 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 2016
    I understand what Amir is saying. People in the thread are interpreting that he wants the AI to defend for him, when that's not the case.

    I don't mind the change, but I know why some are bothered by it.
  • Rufio
    131 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Sure its good that they have made an attempt to fix things but honestly there shouldn't be so much to 'fix' in the first place, so much is obvious and easy to pick up and should have been done so to release a better game straight up! the community shouldn't be excusing the behavior of EA or sub par product/ game released. There are still so many things we deserve a reply or explanation for overall it isn't good enough and even with patch changes is way too inconsistent and reliant on AI (or lack of) and connection to provide a decent game...
  • Bidwell
    8359 posts League Winner
    I understand what Amir is saying. People in the thread are interpreting that he wants the AI to defend for him, when that's not the case.

    I don't mind the change, but I know why some are bothered by it.

    It became too much of a crutch for people, though. You held second man press and contain, and the AI would run up to the perfect distance, automatically track every twist and turn and put in challenges. From holding 1 button.

    I'm never going to complain about the game forcing people to actually control players when they dont have the ball.
  • HekTic_JukeZ
    2349 posts Fans' Favourite
    Bidwell wrote: »
    I understand what Amir is saying. People in the thread are interpreting that he wants the AI to defend for him, when that's not the case.

    I don't mind the change, but I know why some are bothered by it.

    It became too much of a crutch for people, though. You held second man press and contain, and the AI would run up to the perfect distance, automatically track every twist and turn and put in challenges. From holding 1 button.

    I'm never going to complain about the game forcing people to actually control players when they dont have the ball.

    Yes I agree.

    So personally I prefer the current way it is. Completely ineffective vs way too effective.
  • Clint Eastwood
    3252 posts National Call-Up
    Lumitesi wrote: »
    Amir wrote: »
    Lumitesi wrote: »
    Learn how to defend correctly. 2nd man press was just a mind button that people pressed all game. Now if you use it wrong you open up spaces for the opponent. One of the greatest changes they made.
    Games should be about choices... If some button is so OP you just press it all game without a thought then it might as well be automatic or nerfed.

    OK, I wasn't gonna post this but I'll post it anyways. Defending was much harder in Fifa 15 because the game wasn't so AI assisted but I had a 0.94 goals conceded per game ratio which means I'm a pretty good defender (I know that sounds cocky). So please don't tell me to learn how to defend. I still defend pretty well but this issue is just annoying.
    752bc0519ab9f77a0a46afcf1129db24.png

    That does not in any way show if you abused mechanics like this to achieve those results or not. I'm sure many other people who abused HP and 2nd man contain had nice records too, that's why it's called abusing game mechanics. You may or may not be one of them, but your overreliance on this button points towards that fact.
    Lol. Because if you have a winning record, you abuse the game. Riiight

  • TWS001
    2214 posts Fans' Favourite
    I very rarely use it, maybe once or twice per game so I wouldn't really be able to tell you if it's changed. The biggest problem for me of late especially, has been the button/input delay. Tonight has been the first time I've not had it at all. Actually felt in control of my team for the whole night and able to switch players with the right stick instantly and without crazy errors which made defending a lot easier than it's been for me of late. Probably because less kids on because schools are back tomorrow.
    I don't know if EA have even acknowledged this as even being a problem judging by the thread on it.

    Maybe this all ties in to people struggling a bit in defence?
  • Jmcgraghan
    1072 posts Professional
    Literally haven't noticed a difference since the game came out, 2nd man contain from my point of view anyway is for keeping the opposition from progressing whilst you mark a runner manually, or to block a shot by getting two bodies in front of the man on the edge of the box rather than just charge them down like Sonic the Hedgehog.
  • keema-v
    2201 posts Fans' Favourite
    tbf it's been overpowered since it's inception (aside from pre patch last year) which was the best defending this series had for me. I use it but fully expect it (and want it) to not tackle or intercept someone running at them, tackling should have to be manual and sending the ai in should have massive penalties. If they have nerfed it by stopping the auto tackling and actually making contain only contain then well done ea. Been a long time coming
  • DtGodmage22
    7050 posts League Winner
    High pressure and how fast defenders respond and tackling radius needs tweaked still
  • Amir
    783 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I understand what Amir is saying. People in the thread are interpreting that he wants the AI to defend for him, when that's not the case.

    I don't mind the change, but I know why some are bothered by it.

    This. I still can defend and I still defend manually. I just used that 2nd man press to read my opponent and intercept passes manually. But on situations where I want to tackle, I tackle manually.
  • Amir
    783 posts An Exciting Prospect
    High pressure and how fast defenders respond and tackling radius needs tweaked still

    Slide tackles and GKs are still way too OP imo.
Sign In or Register to comment.