Do you lose chemistry by changing formation in-game?

SaifR
12842 posts Has That Special Something
Want to switch a team to 4-2-3-1 (1) in-game so I can use wingers as wide CAMs. Just wondering if they take a chem hit, because if they do, I'll just start with them on low chemistry in 4-2-3-1.

Comments

• ukler8
    4742 posts National Call-Up
    Nobody knows for sure but IMO, this year,yes you do lose chem.
  • Reece Tha BEAST
    17021 posts World Class
    Probably not, Kurt swaps in wingers at CAM in 4-2-3-1 every year and has had success.
  • DirtyDishFC
    11026 posts Moderator
    Mathematically, the way it was laid out in prior years, yes you would lose some amount of chemistry. Now this year its hard to know because we dont know the formula but last year, especially in hybrids, you could easily lose chem by a formation change. Even more so in formation that transform from wide mids to wide cams
  • Clint Eastwood
    3252 posts National Call-Up
    Ahh, just another one of the many mysteries that EA refuse to answer.
  • Adrian095
    33924 posts National Team Captain

This. I just dont understand why there's no in depth explanation on it from EA, makes No sense unless it's related to Handi.....
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    You do, but no one knows for sure how much, probably not too much. You can try manually adjusting the LM/RM positions, that way you can be sure only they are affected by the formation change
  • Clint Eastwood
    3252 posts National Call-Up

This. I just dont understand why there's no in depth explanation on it from EA, makes No sense unless it's related to Handi.....
    Damn. I think he got banned in the middle of his sentence...shame.
  • Adrian095
    33924 posts National Team Captain

Damn. I think he got banned in the middle of his sentence...shame.

:D
  • Dasco
    6476 posts Big Money Move
    I may be wrong, but I believe the chemistry guide states you do. I personally don't really notice a difference, same goes for subs
  • SaifR
    Cheers guys. Might just start wingers on 4(?) chem, saves the hassle of changing formation and instructions at the start of every game.
  • DirtyDishFC
    11026 posts Moderator
    SaifR wrote: »
    Cheers guys. Might just start wingers on 4(?) chem, saves the hassle of changing formation and instructions at the start of every game.

4 chem= no change to base stats in the past. Now team chemistry uses a total of chem multiplied by some integer so that could be different or bollocks or different types of bollocks :D
  • upthearsenal811
    153 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    chemistry is meaningless, put players wherever you want and they'll perform fine
  • Antiversum
    5766 posts Big Money Move

Either this or there would be proof that chem doesn't matter at all. Nothing is better described by it's only in your head than chemnistry.
  • SaifR
    SaifR wrote: »

4 chem= no change to base stats in the past. Now team chemistry uses a total of chem multiplied by some integer so that could be different or bollocks or different types of bollocks :D

Eh?
  • R_R9
    357 posts Sunday League Hero

• WHU18
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite
    chemistry is meaningless, put players wherever you want and they'll perform fine

True
  • bberger
    5163 posts Big Money Move
    R_R9 wrote: »

This. Communication has never been worse in a Software product..
  • WellWornBeast
    2132 posts Fans' Favourite
    What about position changes ingame? Say i play 41212 with De Bruyne at STR (for chem reasons) but i move him to CAM in game
  • lordcanja
    1754 posts Play-Off Hero
    I dont think you lose chem if you switch formations... Why would you?