FUT is so confusing to me

SpacedoodLFC
380 posts Sunday League Hero
edited January 2016
I have played Fifa Career Mode for over a decade but haven't gotten into FUT because it's so confusing to me. CM can get boring and wish I could learn FUT. :,-(
Post edited by SpacedoodLFC on

Comments

• FootyFootyFootball
    2706 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's not all that difficult really. I'm the same, always played FIFA but my first game on ultimate team this year.

Just be patient and slowly build your side around the players you like. You'll be hooked soon enough
  • Bas
    1344 posts Professional
    Dont start with it.
  • SpacedoodLFC
    Ty. Is there a way to play FUT as a single player while building up the FUT related credits or coins needed to advance the FUT experience?
  • fluffymnuffy
    12771 posts Has That Special Something
    Yes
  • JohnDoe
    11478 posts Has That Special Something
    I'd expect a spaceman to find FUT easy, but alas, you've proven me wrong.
  • Barceleau
    97 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Ty. Is there a way to play FUT as a single player while building up the FUT related credits or coins needed to advance the FUT experience?

Yes, offline tournaments or offline divisions
    It will take a while, might be boring but with TOTY around the corner a few coins in the bank will be worth it
  • SpacedoodLFC
    Yes

Can you please expand upon that?
  • illinifan
    8676 posts League Winner
    It's very easy to understand, just go through the tutorials.
  • SpacedoodLFC

I have not had any luck in three years. Do you have any personal tips or things you remember while you play?
  • illinifan
    8676 posts League Winner

I have not had any luck in three years. Do you have any personal tips or things you remember while you play?

Never buy packs, purchase the players you want using the transfer market
  • FlyingPorkChop14
    4185 posts National Call-Up

Never buy packs, purchase the players you want using the transfer market

Pretty simple actually.

For full chem for starters, just build a team around the same league or the same nation.

Don't go making hybrids yet.

A hybrid is 2+ more different leagues or nations together
  • SpacedoodLFC
    Thank you for the tips. Recently I've liked playing with Morata/Pereyra so I purchased them both cheap after a tournament. Now I have two other Juve players and I find decently rated Italian players are boosting the chemistry higher than better overall players yippee.
  • CFC-shazaam
    6327 posts Big Money Move
    Try Kalidou Koulibaly he plays for Napoli he's a good cheap CB !
  • Cuz
    382 posts Sunday League Hero
    Don't forget to buy contracts!
  • FlyingPorkChop14
    4185 posts National Call-Up
    Cuz wrote: »

And fitness
  • hayhor1
    15077 posts World Class
    Cuz wrote: »

And fitness

Never pay more than 150 for non rare and 250 for rare contracts.

Also instead of buying fitness buy a cheaper 2nd team.
  • parcca
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I'm pretty awful at trading so I know I can never get an amazing team (unless I play alot). I tend to first start with a basic gold team as I'm short on coins for contracts and fitness, I make sure I buy enough managers to get the 50% boost. I activate any coin boosts I have on my EA Store thing. I then play online seasons with my bang average gold team and usually play an offline match with my starter squad to get their fitness back up.

After about 40-50 games, you'll have a lot of coins. With the managers bonus, you rarely have to buy contracts and for fitness you easily make enough money to cover the cost of the cards. I tend to buy a few IFs I like IRL and then just build a squad around them - if you have a team you enjoy, winning doesn't become as crucial and voila, you can enjoy Ultimate Team.

My aim is always to afford that next IF or at the moment, just to play draft to save up some packs for TOTY.

If I ever get bored or frustrated with online seasons, I play draft, the cups or I play offline seasons.

Hope this helps. :)

• SpacedoodLFC
    What does completing Draft provide in comparison to single player season, tournament, or TotW. Which provides the best pay off I'm wondering because I need coinz.