Team Help

paw14
1074 posts Professional
Still trying to decide on the team I want to build, this is my latest creation:

0900f0c89946784a566d9c52faf8e9b7.png

Thoughts on how it looks? Also would that midfield three work and has anyone used Best in that position?

Thanks everyone and happy new year to you all :smile:

Comments

• paw14
    1074 posts Professional
    Bump
  • paw14
    1074 posts Professional
    paw14 wrote: »
    Bump

• ha032742
    35033 posts Moderator
    Looks great but put Vieira at CDM and get a different Legend CM rather than Beckenbauer :|
  • Neymessi
    13058 posts Has That Special Something
    That looks like a hell of a team. I have not used many of the higher end players this year, but I did last year. Effenberg was awful for me this year, but others say he is amazing, I would also not play Vieira at cm, your team is too defensive. He was the perfect cdm last year and guessing he is this year too. I'd get Lothar at cm, and the other cm is up to you, maybe Hagi, Suker, or TOTY Iniesta when he gets one. I would think about putting Messi at cf instead of Best too, Messi is best central imo.
  • paw14
    1074 posts Professional
    ha032742 wrote: »
    Looks great but put Vieira at CDM and get a different Legend CM rather than Beckenbauer :|

My thinking was that I'd get the two CM's defending with their workrates and Beckenbauer roaming around the midfield as he looks immense.

If I were to change him then who would you suggest?
  • paw14
    1074 posts Professional
    Neymessi wrote: »
    That looks like a hell of a team. I have not used many of the higher end players this year, but I did last year. Effenberg was awful for me this year, but others say he is amazing, I would also not play Vieira at cm, your team is too defensive. He was the perfect cdm last year and guessing he is this year too. I'd get Lothar at cm, and the other cm is up to you, maybe Hagi, Suker, or TOTY Iniesta when he gets one. I would think about putting Messi at cf instead of Best too, Messi is best central imo.

Putting Messi central would ruin the symmetry and stupid as it sounds aha! If I don't go with Best I may go with Butragueno or Stoichkov i'm thinking?

As for Matthaus I wish I could afford him! The above team would probably take every last coin of mine. The way I saw it was that Beckenbauer was a cheaper version of Matthaus but a better defender and not as good of a shot on him. He's almost be acting like a sweeper in that midfield I was hoping?
  • Neymessi
    13058 posts Has That Special Something
    paw14 wrote: »
    Neymessi wrote: »

Putting Messi central would ruin the symmetry and stupid as it sounds aha! If I don't go with Best I may go with Butragueno or Stoichkov i'm thinking?

As for Matthaus I wish I could afford him! The above team would probably take every last coin of mine. The way I saw it was that Beckenbauer was a cheaper version of Matthaus but a better defender and not as good of a shot on him. He's almost be acting like a sweeper in that midfield I was hoping?

You don't need a sweeper in the midfield, just put Vieira at cdm and a box to box cm and that should be more then enough! Best should be great at cf!
  • paw14
    1074 posts Professional
    Any other opinions anyone? :smile:
  • TeaFarmer
    85 posts Park Captain
    As you mentioned it would ruin the symmetry but id play best RW and stoich CF as he is the ideal CF but its completely up to you and I personally like the idea of Beckenbauer at cdm would keep the midfielders as they are
  • paw14
    1074 posts Professional
    TeaFarmer wrote: »
    As you mentioned it would ruin the symmetry but id play best RW and stoich CF as he is the ideal CF but its completely up to you and I personally like the idea of Beckenbauer at cdm would keep the midfielders as they are

I am debating Stoichkov or Butra at CF. The former would potentially free up coins for legends at LB and RB but I have heard good things on the forum about Best in general so it's a tough one!

Thanks for your thoughts on the midfield, I feel it would work well as I do not need Beckenbauer to sit back with the other two and they are all capable of going forwards.
  • paw14
    1074 posts Professional
    Think I may have just changed my mind again - it's crazy how long you can spend on Futwiz!

f903ee954072b8929d1ca4d5937ab853.png

Thoughts?