The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.
------------------
Note: The SBCs issue has been resolved, details posted on this thread in a tweet from FIFA Direct Communication.

Problems with opponents cutting in.. (christmas noob inside)

KotiMursu
368 posts Sunday League Hero
edited December 2015
So I got my Xbone on Tuesday and I've been struggling ever since. Just like every previous FIFA, I can't stop people from running through my defence. I've tried different formations, D-pad tactics, standing off them, 2 man pressuring them but nothing doesn't work. I defend well until someone decides to sprint with their winger (especially I have a big problem with left wingers cutting in). What should I do? I've conceded 39 in 27 matches, and I'd say atleast 25 are identical goals cutting in.

Comments

• M98H
    13452 posts Has That Special Something
    I usually hold RB for a defender to run and keep him under pressure, while controlling another defender and keeping him further back. The defender I'm controlling usually watches the run of another player, and is in good position if the attacker gets through the AI being controlled by me holding RB.
    Seems to work for me any ways
  • KotiMursu
    368 posts Sunday League Hero
    MH1203 wrote: »
    I usually hold RB for a defender to run and keep him under pressure, while controlling another defender and keeping him further back. The defender I'm controlling usually watches the run of another player, and is in good position if the attacker gets through the AI being controlled by me holding RB.
    Seems to work for me any ways

so often when I do that they just cut away from the goal just to run back in and I just can't stop it.. i'll try that again, getting frustrated now.. my attack would have no problems winning the D7 (seven..) title but I've conceded 9 in my last 3 games like this.
  • TKBC
    3035 posts National Call-Up
    KotiMursu wrote: »
    So I got my Xbone on Tuesday and I've been struggling ever since. Just like every previous FIFA, I can't stop people from running through my defence. I've tried different formations, D-pad tactics, standing off them, 2 man pressuring them but nothing doesn't work. I defend well until someone decides to sprint with their winger (especially I have a big problem with left wingers cutting in). What should I do? I've conceded 39 in 27 matches, and I'd say atleast 25 are identical goals cutting in.

Usually I don't have an issue with this - but yesterday got thrashed by it. It was down to input lag. Couldn't switch fast enough, couldn't make defender move fast enough due to the input lag.

Sometimes it's just that not you.