The American Soccer Lounge (MLS and USMNT)

Chance
1769 posts Play-Off Hero
Welcome to the FIFA 15 American soccer lounge where you can discuss Major League Soccer and the United States Men's National team.

This will be an active thread to discuss the current matches, news, tactics and squads of the USMNT and MLS . It also will be a place to ask for advice about the MLS, American players and teams in FUT.

5klaUFh.png

Best formations to use are

USA Teams

USA Team

WQvvG0I.png

USA Silver

WKUMKs5.png

USA Bronze

ox6jd10.png

4* Skillers

Clint Dempsey - CF - Seattle Sounders
Lee Nguyen - CM - New England Revolution
Gyasi Zardes - STR - LA Galaxy
Eddie Johnson - STR - DC United
Josh Gatt - RM - Molde
Alex Caskey - LM - DC United
Jose Villarreal - STR - LA Galaxy
Steve Neumann - CAM - New England Revolution
Jordan Allen - CAM - Real Salt Lake

5* Weak Foot

Fabian Johnson - RB - Borussia Monchengladbach
Tony Cascio - LW - Houston Dynamo
Jeremy Hall - CM - Toronto FC
Conor O'Brien - CM - Wiener Neustadt

Kits

exrffA3l.png

Comments

• Chance
    1769 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 2015
    Post edited by Chance on
  • vicTHOR12
    24 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited April 2015
    1st
    BTW is it worth looking for an IF opara or will he get an mls all stars and just wait?
  • Chance
    1769 posts Play-Off Hero
    vicTHOR12 wrote: »
    1st
    BTW is it worth looking for an IF opara or will he get an mls all stars and just wait?

I think he'll be an All Star because he's been really good this season, but he gets hurt often so that could jeopardize it.
  • Walsall Ram
    174 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited April 2015
    A little love for the MLS in UT.. Only team I use in cups and it does very well indeed.

0fa9ac6fa08163f1b7e68d6d437ad333.png

Still need to improve it with IFs and UPs but it's pretty smart.
    Oduro was packed about 20 minutes before they moved him to RM.
    Post edited by Walsall Ram on
  • RC
    763 posts Semi-Pro
    So who do you guys think should get a TOTS? I'm thinking Nguyen (gold), Zardes (silver), and Finlay (bronze).
  • Gfunkera
    248 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited April 2015
    how do they gauge the MLS TOTS considering half of last season was completed within Fifa15 and will have only played around 10 or so league games by the time they release the MLS squad? Cumulative production? Or do they wait until the MLS all star game? I have a terrible memory. Can't remember how they did it last year. :p

Edit: never mind, the MLS season ended I think shortly after Fifa15 released. Derp.
  • Reece Tha BEAST
    17021 posts World Class
    It's good to be back
  • Chance
    1769 posts Play-Off Hero
    Gfunkera wrote: »
    how do they gauge the MLS TOTS considering half of last season was completed within Fifa15 and will have only played around 10 or so league games by the time they release the MLS squad? Cumulative production? Or do they wait until the MLS all star game? I have a terrible memory. Can't remember how they did it last year. :p

Edit: never mind, the MLS season ended I think shortly after Fifa15 released. Derp.

MLS had TOTS Klute in FUT14. It's really up to the guys running the threads, and MLS candidates are always controversial because of when the season runs.
  • Ortez
    2502 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lee Nguyen can and should get one for last season, hopefully you guys help me with him.
  • Chubbs
    14222 posts Has That Special Something
    My tickets for the Gold Cup Semifinal came in the mail yesterday, now lets pray until then the USMNT doesnt get upset before then lol. Four row up and the ticket is good for both semifinal games for 50$ + fees is a great deal imo. Gonna be a long day in July but at least its in the dome.
  • Bock McClock
    1360 posts Professional
    Chubbs wrote: »
    My tickets for the Gold Cup Semifinal came in the mail yesterday, now lets pray until then the USMNT doesnt get upset before then lol. Four row up and the ticket is good for both semifinal games for 50$ + fees is a great deal imo. Gonna be a long day in July but at least its in the dome.

Nice man, I'm going to the US vs Haiti group game at Gillette. Wish it was not during the group stages but can't really complain since the US never plays in MA.
  • Chubbs

Nice man, I'm going to the US vs Haiti group game at Gillette. Wish it was not during the group stages but can't really complain since the US never plays in MA.

Yeah same here. Should be fun either way!. USMNT hasnt been here since 1977.
  • Gfunkera
    Going to Sounders game tonight. Hope I'm not forced to write a post game rage rant like I did last weekend. The wounds were too fresh. :p

But that game was full of bench players, we should get 4 or so starters back for tonight.
  • DirtyDishFC
    11024 posts Moderator
    Dempsey deserves the nod over Nguyen. Dempsey had 15 goals and 10 assists in 2100+ minutes. Nguyen had 18 goals and 5 assists in 2700+ minutes. So Nguyen played 25% and Dempsey has better goals per 90 and obviously better assists. Then you factor in the fact that Dempsey had 2 goals at the world cup and captained our National team to a surprise knockout round appearance. Any way you cut it, his numbers are at least comparable if not better. A lot of people have a misconception that it was Nguyen who led the Revs to their awesome end of the season. It was Jermaine Jones. Prior to Jones' arrival the Revs hadnt won in two months and only had 1 win in 10 matches. After his arrival they went on a tear. That isnt to say Nguyen didnt have a huge factor in that run, its just that I firmly believe the balance Jones provided was the difference maker.

Silver would be Chad Marshall for me. MLS Best XI, MLS All Star, MLS Defender of the year (first player to win it 3 times) and he is the epitome of Most Consistent. Anyone who follows the league knows that Seattle would have been a 4 seed, at best, had they not had him. He was the defense on the backline. I know Zardes had a lot of goals but that was partially if not mostly because of Keane and mainly Donovan. He only had 2 assists and didnt score too much when Fifa 15 was actually out. I will say that I wouldnt be sad if Zardes got one because his silver card is immense.
  • Bock McClock
    1360 posts Professional

Yeah same here. Should be fun either way!. USMNT hasnt been here since 1977.

It should be pretty fun, especially if Nguyen's called up for the tournament. But its really been that long since the US has been in Atlanta(?)?. I've always thought is been ages since the national team has been in MA (though they play in Hartford semi regularly) but since the 70's that seems like way too long.
  • ThePhoenixSun
    196 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Dempsey deserves the nod over Nguyen. Dempsey had 15 goals and 10 assists in 2100+ minutes. Nguyen had 18 goals and 5 assists in 2700+ minutes. So Nguyen played 25% and Dempsey has better goals per 90 and obviously better assists. Then you factor in the fact that Dempsey had 2 goals at the world cup and captained our National team to a surprise knockout round appearance. Any way you cut it, his numbers are at least comparable if not better. A lot of people have a misconception that it was Nguyen who led the Revs to their awesome end of the season. It was Jermaine Jones. Prior to Jones' arrival the Revs hadnt won in two months and only had 1 win in 10 matches. After his arrival they went on a tear. That isnt to say Nguyen didnt have a huge factor in that run, its just that I firmly believe the balance Jones provided was the difference maker.

Silver would be Chad Marshall for me. MLS Best XI, MLS All Star, MLS Defender of the year (first player to win it 3 times) and he is the epitome of Most Consistent. Anyone who follows the league knows that Seattle would have been a 4 seed, at best, had they not had him. He was the defense on the backline. I know Zardes had a lot of goals but that was partially if not mostly because of Keane and mainly Donovan. He only had 2 assists and didnt score too much when Fifa 15 was actually out. I will say that I wouldnt be sad if Zardes got one because his silver card is immense.

The Sounders fan picks two players from his own club. I'm shocked. :D
  • AeB 18
    613 posts Sunday League Hero
    USWNT was in St. Louis today with record attendance for a women's soccer game...for a friendly. How do we not have an MLS team? I mean we finally got a USL Pro team so I shouldn't complain but what's going on?
  • DirtyDishFC
    11024 posts Moderator

The Sounders fan picks two players from his own club. I'm shocked. :D

They are the two logical choices based off performance and statistics. I didnt even include friendly goals,for Dempsey, in the same season vs.Nguyen which would surpass his goal total. I know its hard for a Timbers fan to accept that Chad Marshall is the best CB in the league, as voted by the players (highest %) plus the media and fans. If Dempsey had averaged out the minutes to any of the top 3 MVP candidates, his numbers would have surpasses all of them. Just because Nguyen had a breakthrough season, at the age of 27, doesnt mean it was better than Dempsey's. Nevertheless the fact that Dempsey already has 3 goals and 2 assists in 263 minutes (3 starts).

Another way to look at it, the Timbers, had they Chad Marshall last year they would have probably won the Supporters Shield. They scored a near identical amount of goals to the Sounders yet they had less points. The one difference that can be seen is one team has Chad Marshall and the other doesnt.
  • Chance
    1769 posts Play-Off Hero
    AeB 18 wrote: »
    USWNT was in St. Louis today with record attendance for a women's soccer game...for a friendly. How do we not have an MLS team? I mean we finally got a USL Pro team so I shouldn't complain but what's going on?

MLS is punishing St. Louis for not getting Ibisevic naturalized.
  • AeB 18
    Chance wrote: »

MLS is punishing St. Louis for not getting Ibisevic naturalized.

Imagine that 2010 team with him and an uninjured Stu Holden.
  • Gfunkera
    So apparently Zlatan went to the American embassy this last week looking to get a visa, and not the short term kind of visa either.

Pepper ur angus gentlemen!!!
  • Bock McClock
    1360 posts Professional
    So apparently Zlatan went to the American embassy this last week looking to get a visa, and not the short term kind of visa either.

He's said in the past he wanted to look into playing in the MLS after his PSG contract is over. My guess if he comes is he'd go to either of the New York teams or the new LA team in 2017.
  • Chubbs

He's said in the past he wanted to look into playing in the MLS after his PSG contract is over. My guess if he comes is he'd go to either of the New York teams or the new LA team in 2017.

Can only imagine the possible interviews and entertainment that would come from them.
  • CBrueggs15
    535 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Nguyen for Gold TOTS, Marshall for Silver TOTS, and I just posted Ethan Finlay for Bronze TOTS
  • Chance
    1769 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just pointing out that Ike Opara in H2H is a 69 overall with 90 pace currently. :o
  • DirtyDishFC
    11024 posts Moderator
    Are you no longer a mod Chance.
  • RC
    763 posts Semi-Pro
    Talking about Opara, he's been making quite a few headlines. I'm thinking he makes the AS team. Imagine that card.... :o.
  • Chance
    1769 posts Play-Off Hero
    Are you no longer a mod Chance.

Nope. I stepped down because I'm too busy with school and then work this summer.
  • AeB 18
    MLS teams seem so terrible this year, just pace. In the past they've had some interesting players but this year it's just Nguyen and a bunch of fast guys with 3* skills.

That said what is the best possible MLS silver team in everyone's opinion? Don't be afraid to add in other American silvers like Brooks, Castillo, etc.
  • Chance
    1769 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 2015
    MLS teams seem so terrible this year, just pace. In the past they've had some interesting players but this year it's just Nguyen and a bunch of fast guys with 3* skills.

That said what is the best possible MLS silver team in everyone's opinion? Don't be afraid to add in other American silvers like Brooks, Castillo, etc.

This is my silver MLS team. It's pretty good. I probably could upgrade a few positions, but the Web App being down makes that a bit difficult. MLS silver strikers aren't great, Jozy can't dribble to save his life so I use Zardes instead.

dOSlVbR.png