How many of you actually manage to play two striker and central formations?

tylerbxz
57 posts Park Captain
The only central formation I've managed to find playable is the 4231. Central and two striker formations always get so congested in the middle for me which makes it impossible to play good passes due to how band and slow passes/first touches are. The 41212 and 4312 used to be my favorites but now I find them almost unplayable. I feel like I'm the only one having these issues.

Comments

• racecar101
    1301 posts Professional
    edited December 2015
    4312 still great for me maybe look at your workrates and players ?
    I flip between 4231 4312
  • tylerbxz
    57 posts Park Captain
    If I use a 4312 I cant pass well because my players and the defenders get so close together there is not enough space to do anything. I find the passing and first touches far too abysmal to work out of spaces that tight.
  • TheDreamer
    3160 posts National Call-Up
    Playing pretty much only with 4231 variants since Fifa 11. Prefer the wide variant every year.
  • BlitzersNL
    24360 posts Club Captain
    4312 and 41212 require no skill
  • BlitzersNL wrote: »

But all other formations do?

You are a joke!

4312 with strikers set to drift wide is just like a 433, so does 433 also not require any skill?
  • NittyRM3
    2083 posts Fans' Favourite
    I love wingers this year.People who don't use them are missing out on a lot
  • BlitzersNL
    24360 posts Club Captain
    FifaProDK wrote: »
    BlitzersNL wrote: »

But all other formations do?

You are a joke!

4312 with strikers set to drift wide is just like a 433, so does 433 also not require any skill?

Nope. Everyone and his dog can use this formation. Just set it to hp and watch the game play for you.
  • bear
    6030 posts Big Money Move
    I win using the 4312 without any player instructions or quick tactics.
  • jsfowles
    598 posts Sunday League Hero
    You're not alone OP. I've never had luck with narrow forms.
  • huntskij
    528 posts Sunday League Hero
    Just suits som styles of player and not others. If you play a narrow formation try physically dribbling the wide cms to the wings to give the width, or play with fast, creative full backs that overlap and initiate one two runs with the wide cm to ensure that cm stays back to cover.
  • I only have luck with narrow formations - 433 using RF and LF rather than wingers
  • Hibee
    12075 posts Has That Special Something
    I find the 4312 formation works well as the forward seem to drift wide this year. It's basically just a tighter 433 anyway.

And someone above sounds pretty bitter because he has lost to narrow formations. Jeez it's just a formation. Play to what suits the players you have and the style you play.
  • WHU18
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite

So what would u say requires the most skill. And you're basically saying jukez has no skill as he uses 41212
  • tylerbxz
    57 posts Park Captain
    I find overlapping fullbacks leave me way to exposed on the counter.
  • SurferDude
    1756 posts Fans' Favourite
    532 works for me this year - just go all out and it plays like 3atb
  • tylerbxz
    57 posts Park Captain
    ive heard good things about 3atb but i tried it and i find pacey fullbacks necessary to deal with pacey wingers
  • Dylan98SWFC
    1314 posts Professional
    4312 worked really good for me at release and the first couple of patches, Not anymore. Just tried 41212(2) and it was absolute trash tier. The strikers were terrible for me no matter how many chances I created, the forms with 1 striker always scored more.
  • TKBC
    3035 posts National Call-Up

what!??
  • TKBC
    4312 worked really good for me at release and the first couple of patches, Not anymore. Just tried 41212(2) and it was absolute trash tier. The strikers were terrible for me no matter how many chances I created, the forms with 1 striker always scored more.

um, the formation didn't cause your strikers to miss. try again.
  • Dylan98SWFC
    1314 posts Professional
    TKBC wrote: »

That's not what I meant, It wasn't the missing. It was the positioning, strikers drifting out wide isn't my game. I'm sticking to 1 striker forms, I play with mainly a target man or poacher.
  • tylerbxz
    57 posts Park Captain
    That's not what I meant, It wasn't the missing. It was the positioning, strikers drifting out wide isn't my game. I'm sticking to 1 striker forms, I play with mainly a target man or poacher.

With two striker formations for me I dont like the drifting out but if I have them stay central the passing is impossible because it is to congested. Definitely prefer the 1 striker. I have recently found the 4411 amazing.
  • Orison
    48744 posts FIFA Cover Star
    41212 is the best formation (but the one with wingers :) )
  • TKBC
    TKBC wrote: »

I have 6-7 squads. 3 of them play with 2 strikers. I have no such issues.

I think you guys are all way too picky.
  • LoboNobo
    6410 posts Big Money Move
    I love 4-1-2-1-2(2)
    Yeah, your strikers drift wide, but you have your CAM and both CMs to score as well. Make sure you use driven pass a lot to keep possession. I'd say playing this formation requires skill: quick decision making and taking good first touches.