The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.
------------------
Note: The SBCs issue has been resolved, details posted on this thread in a tweet from FIFA Direct Communication.

will it get better?

DefyTheOdds001
233 posts Sunday League Hero
So I was given fifa 16 for xmas as a surprise after deliberately not buying it as I wasn't keen on how the game plays this year.

now after playing a few matches I am winning matches however it is just not fun, the game feels slow and boring. when I score it feels more luck than anything I am doing and the whole control of the game feels clumsy and uninspiring.

I dont really want to give up on something that was a gift however I also dont want to play something I am not enjoying. did anyone else feel this way when starting out and do you get used to it or am I just destined to skip this year and see what happens for fifa 17?

(please note i am not trying to knock the gameplay as I know it is meant to play this way this is just my thoughts on how it feels to me)

Comments

• ContraCode64
    2159 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's a pretty common feeling this year. A combo of the game mechanics and the amount of AI interference can make 16 a pretty unenjoyable grind at times.

It does get a little better once you're used to the passing and the collision-fest midfield often becomes, but yeah, it's not particularly fluid. Main thing that helped me to enjoy it was finding a team that I enjoyed using and learning not to care about winning and losing - this year has far too much "randomness" packed into matches to get worked up over.

• KonradAFC
    751 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It should get better soon. As for now I found this year's gameplay the best ever. Maybe changing attitude towards the game would lighten up your relationship with UT 16 :)
  • Mr.Spireite
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    KonradAFC wrote: »
    It should get better soon. As for now I found this year's gameplay the best ever. Maybe changing attitude towards the game would lighten up your relationship with UT 16 :)

It's all meh. Just not fun.

• DefyTheOdds001
    233 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have tried to change my attitude towards the game but it just doesnt agree with me, when playing a game I enjoyed the faster pace of the previous games.

I do think it is a good game if you enjoy playing a slower more thoughtful pace however I find it boring. I do think there seems to be less errors in the mechanics and things play the way they should but I think its just as mr spireite put it nicely "a bit meh"