Finding this game sluggish and impossible to play

tylerbxz
57 posts Park Captain
Passing and shooting are just awful and ruining this game for me.

Playing a simple pass is a complete gamble.The power and direction never comes off even half decent. On manual passing is at least doable but it keeps you from being able to make quick passes online so not really worth it. Even when my passes go to the right person its slow and sluggish and the first touch is just as bad. I am completely unable to do passing build up because my players just fumble with the ball. The only way ive been able to play a crisp pass is with the driven pass but when you do that players cant take a decent first touch so there is no quickness to it. Completely impossible to do any decent build up play.

I normally play on semi assisted but i tried all of them and they are all terrible. Shots inside the box are practically useless. They are either off target or saved. The only consistent shot is long shots. All of the games i have played recently have been seeing who can get the most space to get off a long shot which is not how the game should be played.

Instead of this game being focused around passing and build up play for goals, its all about who can dribble into a little bit of space to take a long shot.

Awful.

Comments

• racecar101
    1301 posts Professional
    probably just facing people with garbage internet this games full of unplayable laggers using mobile phones for internet
  • BeardedBerk
    1605 posts Play-Off Hero
    You ain't the only one, I ain't played for 3 weeks cause the input lag is that bad I can't do anything feasible with the ball
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    Happens to me when I'm on a bad run. It's frustrating but there's nothing you can do apart from switch teams
  • TKBC
    3035 posts National Call-Up
    tylerbxz wrote: »
    Passing and shooting are just awful and ruining this game for me.

Playing a simple pass is a complete gamble.The power and direction never comes off even half decent. On manual passing is at least doable but it keeps you from being able to make quick passes online so not really worth it. Even when my passes go to the right person its slow and sluggish and the first touch is just as bad. I am completely unable to do passing build up because my players just fumble with the ball. The only way ive been able to play a crisp pass is with the driven pass but when you do that players cant take a decent first touch so there is no quickness to it. Completely impossible to do any decent build up play.

I normally play on semi assisted but i tried all of them and they are all terrible. Shots inside the box are practically useless. They are either off target or saved. The only consistent shot is long shots. All of the games i have played recently have been seeing who can get the most space to get off a long shot which is not how the game should be played.

Instead of this game being focused around passing and build up play for goals, its all about who can dribble into a little bit of space to take a long shot.

Awful.

learn from your mistakes. i am having about the exact opposite experience you are.
  • Dan25
    466 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have to agree with the OP. I thought with all my time off over Christmas I'd play FUT alot but unfortunately with how bad the game is, I have no motivation to turn the xbox on :(

Might try it again later but meh.
  • Game is abysmal. I dont care who you are or where you rank in the Fifa community, if you think this game is good im telling you, you are a deluded fool who couldn't be more wrong. Completely agree with OP
  • Tekkerz
    3345 posts National Call-Up
    Most passes need to be driven try and not do a first touch i normally pass of a driven pass or fake shot turn. This Fifa takes a lot of practice to get use to the system. Me personally I think this Fifa is really good and going in the right direction in the series.
  • tylerbxz
    57 posts Park Captain
    TKBC wrote: »
    learn from your mistakes. i am having about the exact opposite experience you are.

I dont know what the mistake is when my simple short pass or the first touch ends up in narnia
  • Rufio
    131 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I dont know what the hell is going on but im losing my ****, probably pushing 20 or so games now that are pretty much unplayable. I have little control over anything, nobody moves or runs where they are supposed to, AI doesnt mark, passes are all over the shop, manual tackles rebound back or they step over the ball all together, everyone stands and watches balls run past, my keeper wont save a thing yet Messi struggles to score as its all saved. Not every game has noticable lag either everyone is just slow and unresponsive while the other team seems unaffected. We all know by now its not just our own internet connections so EA how about you fix your broken game so its playable...not to mention unable to find opponents then still freezing on occasion if i back out..
  • JeremiahIV
    241 posts Sunday League Hero
    That's why I went into early retirement.
  • TKBC
    3035 posts National Call-Up
    Game is abysmal. I dont care who you are or where you rank in the Fifa community, if you think this game is good im telling you, you are a deluded fool who couldn't be more wrong. Completely agree with OP

I enjoy the game. It's far superior to FUT15. What say you?
  • tylerbxz
    57 posts Park Captain

I'd definitely take fut15 over this. Pace and LBY passes were easy to abuse but you were not forced to play that way and it was possible to defend. Fut16 has improved on things but it is way to inconsistent to play and be enjoyable. I've always done passing and build up play and i dont mind that no look perfect passes and perfect control are gone but the inability to play and control a simple short pass is ridiculous. It is very easy for me to get swarmed on the ball because it takes so long to take a touch, control, and turn. If passing and touch was improved i wouldnt be nearly as annoyed with this game as i am.
  • Mossup
    1019 posts Professional
    Game is abysmal. I dont care who you are or where you rank in the Fifa community, if you think this game is good im telling you, you are a deluded fool who couldn't be more wrong. Completely agree with OP

It was far superior to FIFA15, then EA had to put their fingers back in the pie and screw it up.
    How about making a game and then leaving it alone after release????
  • tylerbxz
    57 posts Park Captain
    I think I'm the only one who actually enjoyed fut15
  • Cuz
    382 posts Sunday League Hero
    The game is really good. Underneath the sluggishness and p*ss poor connection consistency. With the latter, it's sh*te.
    Basically, I agree with everyone.
  • Reece Tha BEAST
    17021 posts World Class
    Cuz wrote: »
    The game is really good. Underneath the sluggishness and p*ss poor connection consistency. With the latter, it's sh*te.

• tylerbxz
    57 posts Park Captain
    Cuz wrote: »

Exactly, the potential is there. If these things, and passing which is awful imo, were fixed it would be much better