packs are not determined when you claim them

DeeJay-00
1717 posts Play-Off Hero
There's this debate on whether cards in packs are determined when you win them or open them (for free packs and tourney packs)

Well remember when we got some free packs during Christmas? I didn't open them until TOTY. When I opened them, I packed IF Castro, who was in packs during the time I opened the packs

This is for those who say packs are only determined when you win them

Comments

• Daddy
    5548 posts Big Money Move
    yeah i also did the same, got if mark gonzalez who was in totw during toty, also one of my friends packed toty iniesta from christmas/new year packs.
  • Florianr104
    4303 posts National Call-Up
    They obviously knew when you were going to open them and also knew who would be in TOTW at that time.

Simple, logical explanation. Stop with your conspiracy theories.
  • DeeJay-00
    1717 posts Play-Off Hero
    They obviously knew when you were going to open them and also knew who would be in TOTW at that time.

How on earth is this a consipiracy theory?

There's been a debate going on that if you win a pack from a tourney, are the players decided when you win the pack or when you open it. I stated it was the latter with proof. Try to understand what I'm saying before trying to post a smartass reply
  • DeeJay-00
    1717 posts Play-Off Hero
    Daddy wrote: »
    yeah i also did the same, got if mark gonzalez who was in totw during toty, also one of my friends packed toty iniesta from christmas/new year packs.

Yeah, I just made this post because a few days ago someone told people to open their tourney packs asap because they are determined when you win them
  • Florianr104
    DeeJay-00 wrote: »

There's been a debate going on that if you win a pack from a tourney, are the players decided when you win the pack or when you open it. I stated it was the latter with proof. Try to understand what I'm saying before trying to post a smartass reply

My sarcasm

^
    10,000 feet
    v

Your head
  • DeeJay-00
    1717 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited April 2015

My sarcasm

^
    10,000 feet
    v

Your head

Oh well joke's on me :lol: didn't realize you were being sarcastic
  • Florianr104
    It's fine mate. I have to admit I did previously think packs were pre-determined when you got them. Good to see some evidence against it :D
  • AFWard
    909 posts Semi-Pro

My sarcasm

^
    10,000 feet
    v

Your head

PMSL :-)

To be fair, had a thread similar to this in FIFA 14 adn it was suggested then that packs were predetermined.
    Personally makes no difference to me, all mine a pre-determined to be crap :-)
  • Warren
    1441 posts Play-Off Hero
    There's this debate on whether cards in packs are determined when you win them or open them (for free packs and tourney packs)

Well remember when we got some free packs during Christmas? I didn't open them until TOTY. When I opened them, I packed IF Castro, who was in packs during the time I opened the packs

Thanks for clearing this up :smile:

I had quite a good laugh at your lack of sarcasm detection though :lol:
  • DeeJay-00
    1717 posts Play-Off Hero
    Warren wrote: »

Thanks for clearing this up :smile:

I had quite a good laugh at your lack of sarcasm detection though :lol:

No prob

And yeh I knew the first sentence was sarcastic but I thought he misunderstood and meant the next ones xD
  • Dasco
    6476 posts Big Money Move
    I've also got evidence to back this up, stacked 6x 25k packs from tourny wins when IF Pirlo was in packs.

I opened these the next TOTW and the first pack contained NIF Pirlo. I don't think many believe they are pre determined anyways if I'm being honest. I've stacked the 2 50k packs from the Tipp tournament for TOTS, fingers crossed!
  • phep
    1294 posts Professional
    Dasco wrote: »
    I've also got evidence to back this up, stacked 6x 25k packs from tourny wins when IF Pirlo was in packs.

I opened these the next TOTW and the first pack contained NIF Pirlo. I don't think many believe they are pre determined anyways if I'm being honest. I've stacked the 2 50k packs from the Tipp tournament for TOTS, fingers crossed!

I too tried to stack my cup packs from this week for TOTS, but then I accidentally opened them since there's no "Are you sure you want to open this pack" button on free packs :(

Personally always been a believer that packs are determined the moment you press "Open" myself.
  • Hoosierdaddy76
    1620 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'd rather know whether the outcome of irl football matches are affected by whether or not you watch them. For example, my teams always seem to lose when I watch, but win whenever I miss the match.

Think it's a matter of superimposed realities and the collapsing of light wave functions. Can someone conduct an experiment to determine this matter with certainty? :p
  • DeeJay-00
    1717 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'd rather know whether the outcome of irl football matches are affected by whether or not you watch them. For example, my teams always seem to lose when I watch, but win whenever I miss the match.

Think it's a matter of superimposed realities and the collapsing of light wave functions. Can someone conduct an experiment to determine this matter with certainty? :p

well, I've never watched Barcelona lose a match ever. So I watch every single match to make sure we dont lose (only draw I've seen was against Sevilla, that too when I had to go just a minute before Sevilla scored) so technically I've never seen Barcelona with a loss at FT ever
  • A Gamer
    4136 posts National Call-Up

well, I've never watched Barcelona lose a match ever. So I watch every single match to make sure we dont lose (only draw I've seen was against Sevilla, that too when I had to go just a minute before Sevilla scored) so technically I've never seen Barcelona with a loss at FT ever

Watch the Bayern game please.
  • DeeJay-00
    1717 posts Play-Off Hero
    A Gamer wrote: »

Of course I will xD

• DeeJay-00
    1717 posts Play-Off Hero

Of course I will xD

• Florianr104

+1
  • A Gamer

Of course I will xD

Good.
    I'm expecting a win for Barca
  • DeeJay-00
    1717 posts Play-Off Hero

Of course I will xD

Good.

Same

Tbh I've watched almost every Barcelona march this season
  • A Gamer

Of course I will xD

Good.

Same

Did u watch the Classico where Barca lost 3-1?
  • Florianr104

Of course I will xD

Good.

Same

He probably didn't, sadly. We'd have less to worry about now and could afford a loss and a draw.

• RobS
    345 posts Sunday League Hero
    they don't need to predetermine any packs at all, theyre all ****
  • DeeJay-00
    1717 posts Play-Off Hero

Of course I will xD

Good.

Same

He probably didn't, sadly. We'd have less to worry about now and could afford a loss and a draw.

Funnily I watched the start where we went 1-0 up, after that I had to study as I had my French GCSEs the next day, so I left the match when Barca were winning, and checked the score later and we lost
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13082 posts Has That Special Something
    To be fair your, it may have been pre-determined before you opened the pack. Maybe EA already decided you were going to get Castro, you just happened to open the pack when he was IF and therefore the player in the predetermined pack got automatically upgraded...

food for thought, your post doesn't prove or disprove anything really.

Or am I misunderstanding what you wrote in the OP?