Patch 1.05 ruined gameplay

Comments

• blue166
    632 posts An Exciting Prospect
    alecturner wrote: »
    When this game came out I loved that you could play any way you wanted to and if you played well you could achieve success. Possession, counter-attack, long ball could win you games. I chose possession and was beating pace abusers with ease. Am I the only one who thinks the game has reverted back to FIFA 14 and all the improvements they made are now redundant. You just need pace and high pressure abuse to win again.

Yep this.
  • Luca8484
    49 posts Park Captain
    To me last patch changes almost nothing. The final version of the game has never been any close to the spectacular gameplay seen on the demo version.
  • Cokehand
    65 posts Park Captain
    The 1.05 patch changed loads. I too used the possession tactic and could beat most people using high pressure. After 1.05 you can't use the possession tactic at all. Its useless as you just get bundled over all the time and your passes intercepted. I have had to go with the Arsenal default tactic just to stand a chance.

Also noticed that the AI of my defenders is much worse. They start opening up a nice easy path to goal for the opponent and won't let you manually switch to them to get them back in the right position.

When 1.05 i hated it but most people on here said it was better. Now everyone seems to hate it. Have the people that loved the patch left the forum now they have the game they want or have a few people changed their mind since 1.05 first release?

Back to 1.04 please but with a slight speed reduction.
  • silas1980
    707 posts An Exciting Prospect
    They need to go back to patch 4 imo but get rid of the silly non fouls that were in it. That's all patch 5 did well imo, everything else was a step backwards.
  • blue166
    632 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited January 2016
    Patch 1.0.4 was better

I thought 1.0.5 was better at first BUT only because dribbling and Long Shots didn't seem a problem.

Now everyone can see that 1.0.5 has been exploited and in fact dribbling is terribly OP same as long shot goals.

Defenders do indeed allow through balls to goal.

The game is currently terrible and not rewarding to anyone that attempts to play football. EA said originally that this game would reward true football. Well that is now BS.
  • rsclaret
    332 posts Sunday League Hero
    Playing offline against the AI has become a much more enjoyable less frustrating experience since patch 1.05.
  • Neero
    18 posts Ball Boy
    I wonder if ea even visits their own forums
  • There was an issue before the previous patch with gameplay delay etc and the patch fixed it for a few weeks. Now, the delay is back and the game is unplayable
  • Mossup
    1009 posts Professional
    At least passing, tackling and AI defending weren't screwed before this patch. Feels like they have put a FIFA 15 update in by mistake.
  • perkin
    1 posts Ball Boy
    turn it back to 1.04 or give me back my money!
    I wont buy FIFA anymore, EA is LIAR!
  • Pelicano
    66 posts Park Captain
    I also feel that the game now is just about ping pong passing until you are near the oponents area, zigzaggin with L2/ LT pressed beating some defenders with simple tricks while atracting the remaining defenders to the ball just in time to press triangle/Y to do the trough ball and score a simple tap in goal in front of the keeper. Every game online is just like that. All the goals are the same and the only way to defend is to go to tactics and put pressure at 0 so all your defenders stay inside the box like chickens hatching an egg. The game is broken. After five or six patches they dont get the game right it is a mess. I liked the game last year it was just fine. This one is bad right from the beginning . And next year they will say that they new the game was broken and the new FIFA is much better, but there will be something that will be exploited to death. This year crossing is really hard to do. Maybe next year we get something like FIFA 14, where even midgets scored headers.
  • Squanch
    130 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    alecturner wrote: »
    When this game came out I loved that you could play any way you wanted to and if you played well you could achieve success. Possession, counter-attack, long ball could win you games. I chose possession and was beating pace abusers with ease. Am I the only one who thinks the game has reverted back to FIFA 14 and all the improvements they made are now redundant. You just need pace and high pressure abuse to win again.

Said it on another thread, this happens every year. Demo and then the full game gets released, quite a lot of people like the changes and a vocal group then complain that it's worse than last year. EA then cave in to that vocal group and patch it so that it's more like last year (a game that many said was broke a few months into release) while not really addressing the problems of the current years game which then leaves it a complete mess until next year where we start the exact same cycle again.

It's like groundhog day. Loads complain that EA don't listen but the problem is they actually have done and it's to the wrong group of people. Unless my memory has gone the last game Fifa title that was patched well was 11' and that was because they didn't cave to pressure and just addressed what needed to be addressed.
  • Cokehand
    65 posts Park Captain
    I hate the 1.05 patch but i have seen loads of people mention the vocal group that like it like this and EA patch it for them . Can somebody show me some evidence of these people saying they want interceptions, impossible dribbling, super long shots, high pressure abuse etc because the only people i see complaining are us on the official forum and they don't seem to be catering for us.
  • tarheels_forever
    439 posts Sunday League Hero
    honestly i like the 1.05 patch but i liked fifa 16 the best after the 1.04 patch. i was really a little disappointed when i found out EA were releasing a 1.05 patch.
  • SuPeRz
    876 posts Semi-Pro
    honestly i like the 1.05 patch but i liked fifa 16 the best after the 1.04 patch. i was really a little disappointed when i found out EA were releasing a 1.05 patch.

1.04 was nice except for the rubbish penalties. 1.05 was needed to fix that but the way EA did it made the certain parts of the game worse.
  • Cokehand
    65 posts Park Captain
    the patch notes sounded promising for 1.05.

Less bad referee decisions - This works in the box for penalties but a don't get any fouls for being constantly crashed into my high pressure missile players

Player fatigue for high pressure users - Can't see any difference here at all. Everyone still uses high pressure and can run 100mph from first minute to the last. Its only if you use second man contain or change the individual tactics to aggressive interceptions that this is supposed to make a difference. Guess there was no chance they'd change this as too many people would complain.

Better player positioning - Wrong.

Also possession default tactic is useless now as you end up on your arse most of the game.
  • Mossup
    1009 posts Professional
    Cokehand wrote: »
    the patch notes sounded promising for 1.05.

Less bad referee decisions - This works in the box for penalties but a don't get any fouls for being constantly crashed into my high pressure missile players

Player fatigue for high pressure users - Can't see any difference here at all. Everyone still uses high pressure and can run 100mph from first minute to the last. Its only if you use second man contain or change the individual tactics to aggressive interceptions that this is supposed to make a difference. Guess there was no chance they'd change this as too many people would complain.

Better player positioning - Wrong.

Also possession default tactic is useless now as you end up on your arse most of the game.

I agree, the release notes were promising but none have been fulfilled. Penalty decisions have actually gone too far the other way.
    Seems like EA don't want to produce a good game.
  • tarheels_forever
    439 posts Sunday League Hero
    SuPeRz wrote: »

1.04 was nice except for the rubbish penalties. 1.05 was needed to fix that but the way EA did it made the certain parts of the game worse.
    i agree. the penalties in 1.04 were still terrible.
  • Before I begin my rant about EA ruining offline play, let me say this, I don't consider myself a bad FIFA player, but I don't consider myself a really good one either. I just made it into division 2 today in online FUT, so I was feeling pretty good. When I made it into div 2, I decided to play offline FUT because I couldn't find a game for some reason. I went and played my first game in division 8 with a pretty solid Serie A squad. In the 60' against Sampadoria, I'm losing 3-0. WTF EA? Are you serious with this ****? The **** cpu had 5 shots in the entire game and they ha ALL of them on target and 3 were goals. I had fifteen shots where I was only able to turn two of those into goals. I lost 3-2. Seriously. Idk wtf is going on with EA, but how the **** can they not see this happening?
  • Jay3ff
    113 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    How can they not see what happening? Nobody can even assess what you're talking about without more information. Teams that have less shots CAN win football matches, that does happen in reality. What difficulty were you playing against? Was their GK unrealistically amazing and yours rubbish or what is the complaint?
  • EA are you crazy? What's wrong with you guys? The game was good after this bloody patch, now the CPU are super monster, Speed are really high with almost any player, İ was in Ellite 2 in squad battle, now thanks to you guys İ am in Gold 2 İ lost 4 matches, now any stupid player can run faster than every pace guys players, and refree is shocking, the cpu players became mind reader and super Mario, once again you prove that you are stupid enough to change fair game to an unfair game, congratulations to EA Stupid team.