This is getting ridiculous

1
Amir
783 posts An Exciting Prospect
edited December 2015
Slide tackles are so OP this year. Their effective radius is so much greater compared to last years and they pretty much work all the time. Now people who are just not good at defending in general just spam slide tackles and it works for them perfectly.
Goalkeepers make wonder saves all the time when shooting in the box. They keep bad players in the game imo.

Comments

  • HekTic_JukeZ
    2349 posts Fans' Favourite
    RT
  • princeapalia
    1045 posts Professional
    edited December 2015
    People literally complain about anything now. Of all the stuff wrong with FUT, slide tackles (ie: something you actually have to time well) isn't one of them.

    Next you'll be saying that switching players on the defence is OP.
  • Amir
    783 posts An Exciting Prospect
    People literally complain about anything now. Of all the stuff wrong with FUT, slide tackles (ie: something you actually have to time well) isn't one of them.

    Next you'll be saying that switching players on the defence is OP.

    People are morons. Slide tackles and GKs were a problem since the start of Fifa 16. You go and ask any decent player about slide tackles and GKs and they'll confirm.
  • finsfan85
    12407 posts Has That Special Something
    People literally complain about anything now. Of all the stuff wrong with FUT, slide tackles (ie: something you actually have to time well) isn't one of them.

    Next you'll be saying that switching players on the defence is OP.

    Switching isn't OP but it definitely needs work
  • HekTic_JukeZ
    2349 posts Fans' Favourite
    People literally complain about anything now. Of all the stuff wrong with FUT, slide tackles (ie: something you actually have to time well) isn't one of them.

    Next you'll be saying that switching players on the defence is OP.

    You don't have to time slide tackles well lol

    Just press square and it's like a laser beam.
  • princeapalia
    1045 posts Professional
    People literally complain about anything now. Of all the stuff wrong with FUT, slide tackles (ie: something you actually have to time well) isn't one of them.

    Next you'll be saying that switching players on the defence is OP.

    You don't have to time slide tackles well lol

    Just press square and it's like a laser beam.

    It's better than AI assisted jockeying and containing.
  • JGCramp
    1385 posts Professional
    Slide tackles are definitely OP but I could live with that if they would actually sort the refereeing. The problem isn't so much the ability to slide tackle; it's that you can slide into the opponents ankles and/or send them into midair flips and the ref lets it go. Keep in mind this is after the patch that EA claims to have improved the refereeing decisions. If they would get the foul calling correct, or at least better - including carding more appropriately for the more vicious slide tackles (esp. the ones from behind) - then players would be forced to be more judicious in using slide tackles.
  • Whitebeard
    3383 posts National Call-Up
    Agreed
  • LucasAMC
    1148 posts Professional
    "This slide tackles keep bad players in the game." So, what about the paceabusers, the speeding dribble and the easily and automatic lob through balls? If this slide tackles are keeping bad players on the game on FIFA 16, these others things are keeping bad players on the game since FIFA 11.
  • TheMighty F1sH
    404 posts Sunday League Hero
    i dont mind the fact they are accurate, the thing that annoys me is that the game slows your players reaction to accommodate to the animation of the tackle and the player being tackled, there has been plenty of occasions i would have easily taken it round the slide with a roulette or a ball roll but the animation of the slide delays my players reaction and he lets the slider take the ball
  • Amir
    783 posts An Exciting Prospect
    LucasAMC wrote: »
    "This slide tackles keep bad players in the game." So, what about the paceabusers, the speeding dribble and the easily and automatic lob through balls? If this slide tackles are keeping bad players on the game on FIFA 16, these others things are keeping bad players on the game since FIFA 11.

    not true. All the things you mentioned are defendable and they're not really OP. It's just weak defending. And when your opponent sees that you can't defend speed dribbling he spams it because he found your weak point. But GKs literally keep bad players in the game. How many times has it happened that you have 20+ shots and still lose to your opponent who has seen your GK only once?...
  • Amir
    783 posts An Exciting Prospect
    People literally complain about anything now. Of all the stuff wrong with FUT, slide tackles (ie: something you actually have to time well) isn't one of them.

    Next you'll be saying that switching players on the defence is OP.

    You don't have to time slide tackles well lol

    Just press square and it's like a laser beam.

    This. You literally don't need to time anything or choose the right direction for your slide tackle. Just close your eyes and press x/square.
  • finsfan85
    12407 posts Has That Special Something
    Amir wrote: »
    People literally complain about anything now. Of all the stuff wrong with FUT, slide tackles (ie: something you actually have to time well) isn't one of them.

    Next you'll be saying that switching players on the defence is OP.

    You don't have to time slide tackles well lol

    Just press square and it's like a laser beam.

    This. You literally don't need to time anything or choose the right direction for your slide tackle. Just close your eyes and press x/square.

    While I agree that slide tackling is an easy way to defend a dribbling opponent, it is not THAT easy. I scored a goal in my last game where I dribbled around 4 sliding defenders before slotting the ball past the keeper.
  • LucasAMC
    1148 posts Professional
    Amir wrote: »
    LucasAMC wrote: »
    "This slide tackles keep bad players in the game." So, what about the paceabusers, the speeding dribble and the easily and automatic lob through balls? If this slide tackles are keeping bad players on the game on FIFA 16, these others things are keeping bad players on the game since FIFA 11.

    not true. All the things you mentioned are defendable and they're not really OP. It's just weak defending. And when your opponent sees that you can't defend speed dribbling he spams it because he found your weak point. But GKs literally keep bad players in the game. How many times has it happened that you have 20+ shots and still lose to your opponent who has seen your GK only once?...

    Not true? For me is "attackable" the sliders tacklers using your point of view. The players spam zigzag because it is EASY and abusive. If it was difficult to do, the players would not do it.
  • Amir
    783 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited December 2015
    LucasAMC wrote: »
    Amir wrote: »
    LucasAMC wrote: »
    "This slide tackles keep bad players in the game." So, what about the paceabusers, the speeding dribble and the easily and automatic lob through balls? If this slide tackles are keeping bad players on the game on FIFA 16, these others things are keeping bad players on the game since FIFA 11.

    not true. All the things you mentioned are defendable and they're not really OP. It's just weak defending. And when your opponent sees that you can't defend speed dribbling he spams it because he found your weak point. But GKs literally keep bad players in the game. How many times has it happened that you have 20+ shots and still lose to your opponent who has seen your GK only once?...

    Not true? For me is "attackable" the sliders tacklers using your point of view. The players spam zigzag because it is EASY and abusive. If it was difficult to do, the players would not do it.

    I'm not saying it is difficult to do. It is easy to defend (for me at least). Just jockey and close them down.
  • racecar101
    1301 posts Professional
    edited December 2015
    He's right man gk's do need leveling why would anyone have a problem with a slight nerf on keepers it balances out as the player that creates most chances will win.

    I can see noobs who get battered and win from a lucky rebound ball and a.i created chances crying about nerfing keepers though.

    And people will say that would make every game unrealistic bro games will all be 8-7 yes but remember it's not an actual 90 minutes of football and is a video game.

    And furthermore keepers shouldn't auto run out of their box at all it should be player controlled run out only.

    It really is the true problem with the game and nerfing keepers will solve a lot of complaints about the game.You can literally play out of your skin dominate someone and lose to their 2 shots on goal and not because you're bad at finishing but because some A.I stuff just decides that the keeper will be legend cassilas with a gold +15 all attributes card on for this game.

    It drives you mad.
  • Amir
    783 posts An Exciting Prospect
    racecar101 wrote: »
    He's right man gk's do need leveling why would anyone have a problem with a slight nerf on keepers it balances out as the player that creates most chances will win.I can see noobs who get battered and win 2-1 from an a.i created chance crying about nerfing keepers though.

    And people will say that would make every game unrealistic bro games will all be 8-7 yes but remember it's not an actual 90 minutes of football and is a video game.

    And furthermore keepers shouldn't auto run out of their box at all it should be player controlled run out only.

    I'm not saying to nerf them to an extent that every game finishes with 15 goals lol! GKs are just really OP in the box specially in one on ones. And they're kind of terrible outside the box because they can't really save long shots.
  • urubuinflamante
    897 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Amir wrote: »
    People literally complain about anything now. Of all the stuff wrong with FUT, slide tackles (ie: something you actually have to time well) isn't one of them.

    Next you'll be saying that switching players on the defence is OP.

    You don't have to time slide tackles well lol

    Just press square and it's like a laser beam.

    This. You literally don't need to time anything or choose the right direction for your slide tackle. Just close your eyes and press x/square.

    This is not true.
  • urubuinflamante
    897 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Amir wrote: »
    racecar101 wrote: »
    He's right man gk's do need leveling why would anyone have a problem with a slight nerf on keepers it balances out as the player that creates most chances will win.I can see noobs who get battered and win 2-1 from an a.i created chance crying about nerfing keepers though.

    And people will say that would make every game unrealistic bro games will all be 8-7 yes but remember it's not an actual 90 minutes of football and is a video game.

    And furthermore keepers shouldn't auto run out of their box at all it should be player controlled run out only.

    I'm not saying to nerf them to an extent that every game finishes with 15 goals lol! GKs are just really OP in the box specially in one on ones. And they're kind of terrible outside the box because they can't really save long shots.

    Do not let them shoot...

    IRL if you let someone free to shoot, the risk of conceding from a long shot is high.
  • Reece Tha BEAST
    17021 posts World Class
    How have slide tackles not been patched yet??
  • urubuinflamante
    897 posts An Exciting Prospect
    racecar101 wrote: »
    He's right man gk's do need leveling why would anyone have a problem with a slight nerf on keepers it balances out as the player that creates most chances will win.

    I can see noobs who get battered and win from a lucky rebound ball and a.i created chances crying about nerfing keepers though.

    And people will say that would make every game unrealistic bro games will all be 8-7 yes but remember it's not an actual 90 minutes of football and is a video game.

    And furthermore keepers shouldn't auto run out of their box at all it should be player controlled run out only.

    It really is the true problem with the game and nerfing keepers will solve a lot of complaints about the game.You can literally play out of your skin dominate someone and lose to their 2 shots on goal and not because you're bad at finishing but because some A.I stuff just decides that the keeper will be legend cassilas with a gold +15 all attributes card on for this game.

    It drives you mad.

    It's all in your head.
  • The Legend
    309 posts Sunday League Hero
    Seriously thinking in quitting the game for a month or so just because of Sliding Tackles.
    Never seen such madness in a game that should simulate football, this has nothing to do with Football.
    Welcome to "Tackling 16".
  • finsfan85
    12407 posts Has That Special Something
    The Legendary Quitter
  • DDMAC007
    142 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    When will it stop does everyone cry about everything the only problem i see in this game is lag and changeing players lag can kill games but slide tackles were made better to stop the op dribble that everyone crys about fifa stated that b4 release the patch has made the game a proper football game again goalkeepers are good yes but over powered not sure about that i seem to score enough paceabusers are dead now with enough skill easy enough to defend cant see why everyone always crying read a comment earlier which was when patched the game becomes harder all the average players start crying i rest my case
  • finsfan85
    12407 posts Has That Special Something
    DDMAC007 wrote: »
    When will it stop does everyone cry about everything the only problem i see in this game is lag and changeing players lag can kill games but slide tackles were made better to stop the op dribble that everyone crys about fifa stated that b4 release the patch has made the game a proper football game again goalkeepers are good yes but over powered not sure about that i seem to score enough paceabusers are dead now with enough skill easy enough to defend cant see why everyone always crying read a comment earlier which was when patched the game becomes harder all the average players start crying i rest my case

    Punctuation. Use it.
  • DDMAC007
    142 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    DDMAC007 wrote: »
    When will it stop does everyone cry about everything the only problem i see in this game is lag and changeing players lag can kill games but slide tackles were made better to stop the op dribble that everyone crys about fifa stated that b4 release the patch has made the game a proper football game again goalkeepers are good yes but over powered not sure about that i seem to score enough paceabusers are dead now with enough skill easy enough to defend cant see why everyone always crying read a comment earlier which was when patched the game becomes harder all the average players start crying i rest my case

    Punctuation. Use it.

    Sorry forgot this is an english class
  • finsfan85
    12407 posts Has That Special Something
    DDMAC007 wrote: »
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    DDMAC007 wrote: »
    When will it stop does everyone cry about everything the only problem i see in this game is lag and changeing players lag can kill games but slide tackles were made better to stop the op dribble that everyone crys about fifa stated that b4 release the patch has made the game a proper football game again goalkeepers are good yes but over powered not sure about that i seem to score enough paceabusers are dead now with enough skill easy enough to defend cant see why everyone always crying read a comment earlier which was when patched the game becomes harder all the average players start crying i rest my case

    Punctuation. Use it.

    Sorry forgot this is an english class

    You're right. I'll just try to guess where your thoughts start and stop.
  • Amir
    783 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Amir wrote: »
    racecar101 wrote: »
    He's right man gk's do need leveling why would anyone have a problem with a slight nerf on keepers it balances out as the player that creates most chances will win.I can see noobs who get battered and win 2-1 from an a.i created chance crying about nerfing keepers though.

    And people will say that would make every game unrealistic bro games will all be 8-7 yes but remember it's not an actual 90 minutes of football and is a video game.

    And furthermore keepers shouldn't auto run out of their box at all it should be player controlled run out only.

    I'm not saying to nerf them to an extent that every game finishes with 15 goals lol! GKs are just really OP in the box specially in one on ones. And they're kind of terrible outside the box because they can't really save long shots.

    Do not let them shoot...

    IRL if you let someone free to shoot, the risk of conceding from a long shot is high.

    Well I don't let them shoot. I'm just saying that they're not good outside the box and amazing inside the box.
  • ChrisLFC
    7094 posts Big Money Move
    They aren't that OP.
  • TKBC
    3035 posts National Call-Up
    racecar101 wrote: »
    He's right man gk's do need leveling why would anyone have a problem with a slight nerf on keepers it balances out as the player that creates most chances will win.

    I can see noobs who get battered and win from a lucky rebound ball and a.i created chances crying about nerfing keepers though.
    .

    because the team that creates the most chances doesn't always win IRL.

Sign In or Register to comment.