MESSI: Road to 1000 goals (Completed)

hospital dogs
2039 posts Fans' Favourite
edited August 2016
Getting close.
ecNR5X.jpg

So what's so special about Messi?
Well if you ask the educated fan, he's the best player in the world. Girly men and children may prefer Ronaldo but Messi is the consensus best with stats and trophies to prove it.

And I'm happy to report he replicates this excellence in game. His dribbling as in previous years is sublime, best in the game, along with his agility and pace which allow him to get past any player and tight spots. In fact sometimes he does automatic animations when near players to allow you to beat them. His passing is the best for a forward and he will score you long shots again and again (TBH every player will, if you know how to) And he finishes. And finishes and finishes and finishes and finishes. Best finisher in the game, even compared to CR who I admit does beat Messi's strength and heading. Speaking of Ronaldo, where Messi beats him soundly is his freekicks. Messi's FK are insane!.

The best FK in the game!
Better than IF Caheneiglu (not even his mother can spell that name).

So what about the position change?
At first I was worried this would make him less effective. He would go lost, not participate as much in attack, etc. And at first playing him in draft mode and loaned at the start, this was the case. It was only after learning the subtleties of FUT after a couple months did I come back to Messi and realise he is actually better as a winger! He cuts in better than Robben, Hazard, Neymar or Ronaldo and his finishing product is also better. And why is this? It's because of the one thing EA has changed in Messi that makes him better than any previous version.

He has 4 STAR WEEK FOOT!
Now whether this is deserved or not is up to debate but 4 star WF has made Messi unplayable! You no longer have to shoot with the left. You can hit them from anywhere with completely unpredictability and precision. It feels like a cheat code. Messi's right foot takes a better shot than 99.9% of the high rated players in the game!

sxt591.jpg

9a5958239078abe21bd99b496d52a551.png

I play him in this team but I can't see a situation where he would ever be wasted in any team except being an RM. You want this man up front and he can play striker too, just put Hunter on him so he gets the chem boost on pace and shooting.

Without a doubt as far as NIF's go, he's the best player in the game.

5/5

Post edited by hospital dogs on

Comments

• Barslund
    4644 posts National Call-Up
    edited December 2015
    Trying to make up my mind between him and George Best... think Best is a better investment come TOTY.

How many of your games was with the false 9? I will be playing Crespo CF and either Messi or George Best RW.
  • holdenwait
    55368 posts National Treasure
    edited December 2015
    agreed, messi is amazing and that's a great record

but this is just lazy :/ IF Caheneiglu (not even his mother can spell that name).

Calhanoglu. not that hard.
  • hospital dogs
    Barslund wrote: »
    Trying to make up my mind between him and George Best... think Best is a better investment come TOTY.

How many of your games was with the false 9? I will be playing Crespo CF and either Messi or George Best RW.

Get Best. I don't have Legends but I expect they are better.

I played about 5 games at CF to rest than main team. I don't mind throwing a fitness card on Messi because games without him seem not as fun.
  • hospital dogs
    holdenwait wrote: »
    agreed, messi is amazing and that's a great record

but this is just lazy :/ IF Caheneiglu (not even his mother can spell that name).

Calhanoglu. not that hard.

I try to remember but I always go blank on it. Maybe if I watched him IRL it would be easy because I remember Konoplyanka.
  • I'm getting Messi, your review madee want to get him even more now. I'm around 200k short tho :neutral:
  • Khangaskhan17
    3855 posts National Call-Up
    Your thread made me smile. :)

Thanks for the mini-review! I'll be getting him soon.
  • Remzy69
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    You must have a really **** time playing FUT with that incredible team, lol. I can't even imagine loosing a single match when playing that.
  • hospital dogs
    Remzy69 wrote: »
    You must have a really **** time playing FUT with that incredible team, lol. I can't even imagine loosing a single match when playing that.

It's absolutely awful. Where's my COD disc?
  • hospital dogs
    Your thread made me smile. :)

Thanks for the mini-review! I'll be getting him soon.

Haha, cheers mate.
  • hospital dogs
    Jmoneyftw wrote: »
    I'm getting Messi, your review madee want to get him even more now. I'm around 200k short tho :neutral:

That's not a lot mate. Trade smart and you can have him by Xmas.
  • DDMAC007
    142 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Wow 3 goals per game thats impressive are you playing seasons with that ratio and what division doesnt really matter cos any division thats insane and also why are messi neymar rf lf when they play rw lw just curious wish i could afford messi nice team btw
  • hospital dogs
    DDMAC007 wrote: »
    Wow 3 goals per game thats impressive are you playing seasons with that ratio and what division doesnt really matter cos any division thats insane and also why are messi neymar rf lf when they play rw lw just curious wish i could afford messi nice team btw

It's a mix of divisions and tourney, with some singles when I play Messi in a fitness team.

I made them RF and LF so when I put them at Striker they can get 7chem.
  • hospital dogs
    Are they natural goals or a you falsing play to him like a youtube review?

Not that it matters, Just curious

what do you mean like photoshop goals?

No they are goals, try him out, you'll be overwhelmed.
  • WHU18
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite
    I wish I could afford him he looks so good
  • hospital dogs
    He is, I predict he will drop to about 700K at TOTY.
  • hospital dogs
    c0a20371527e41d11ffd9eba779efe27.png

He made it.
  • hospital dogs
    He's dropping like crazy. Pull the trigger gentlemen.
  • Auslo17
    1341 posts Professional

no he means do you pass to Messi on purpose and try to give him goals, or are they just normal goals from normal play
  • holdenwait
    imagine passing to Messi on purpose so he can dribble and score or assist :o
  • SimmoEFC
    11462 posts Has That Special Something
    As if you've scored 3 a game with a winger. You must have been playing some very, very bad players.

What are Neymar and Ibra goal records? Fancy posting a pic?
  • holdenwait
    I have never averaged that kind of record with anyone in any FUT

but with Messi I never fell under goal a game. he's amazing.
  • Jfo88
    22598 posts Club Captain
    holdenwait wrote: »
    I have never averaged that kind of record with anyone in any FUT

but with Messi I never fell under goal a game. he's amazing.

Messi is the 2nd best player on this game but that goal record is very inflated
  • hospital dogs
    Auslo17 wrote: »

no he means do you pass to Messi on purpose and try to give him goals, or are they just normal goals from normal play

He is is asking so I pass to Messi on purpose to score?

Lol yes, he's AMAZING!
  • starr
    39 posts Last Pick at the Park
    you've lost 300k in 7 days...
  • hospital dogs
    edited December 2015
    SimmoEFC wrote: »
    As if you've scored 3 a game with a winger. You must have been playing some very, very bad players.

What are Neymar and Ibra goal records? Fancy posting a pic?

I've had Neymar way longer than Messi. Ibra has like 7 in 18 games.

d11f622b6a91214e1067444c6c436494.png

All my games are high scoring 7-5, 6-4, those kinda of outcomes. I don't sit back and ultra defend so maybe that's what you guys are used to?
  • Lumitesi
    763 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Didn't you get bored playing 30 games on amateur? Gotta hand it to you though, most people who do this on these forums aren't that smart and try to sell 5:1 or higher ratios, 7/10 for having some sense and sticking to 3:1.
  • hospital dogs
    starr wrote: »
    you've lost 300k in 7 days...

Nah this is ps3
  • hospital dogs
    Lumitesi wrote: »
    Didn't you get bored playing 30 games on amateur? Gotta hand it to you though, most people who do this on these forums aren't that smart and try to sell 5:1 or higher ratios, 7/10 for having some sense and sticking to 3:1.

Only time I play Offline is if there is special tournament.
  • A little trading here and there, and finally got him. Got him for 512k thnx to the maintaince break yesterday. Got him fresh as well, so going to be doing road to 100 goals as well
  • hospital dogs
    Jmoneyftw wrote: »
    A little trading here and there, and finally got him. Got him for 512k thnx to the maintaince break yesterday. Got him fresh as well, so going to be doing road to 100 goals as well

Nice, that's a greaaat price, can't go wrong bro. Enjoy!