Patch 1.5 >Finally The art of possession & passing, Good Job EA

The Legend
313 posts Sunday League Hero
edited December 2015
I will be short & direct :)
From someone who just play football as it should be played (Passing+Possession+Smart Dribbling at certain moments), Patch 1.5 is simply what I have dreamed of since the demo release of FIFA 16.

Those who understand how real life football works, will simply enjoy the game now finally after feeling disappointment since its release cause it had potential to be good but needed just slight touches to fix some stupid things.

BTW, I don't use high pressure but can now overcome those who are using it.

Only thing left to fix or nerf, is OP sliding tackles.
Thanks EA for the patch ( @Rob ).

Comments

• The Legend
    edited December 2015
    Double post sorry

• The Legend wrote: »
    I will be short & direct :)
    From someone who just play football as it should be played (Passing+Possession+Smart Dribbling at certain moments), Patch 1.5 is simply what I have dreamed of since the demo release of FIFA 16.

Those who understand how real life football works, will simply enjoy the game now finally after feeling disappointment since its release cause it had potential to be good but needed just slight touches to fix some stupid things.

Only thing left to fix or nerf, is OP sliding tackles.
    Thanks EA for the patch ( @Rob ).
    So everyone who still finds it boring as ❤️❤️❤️❤️ doesn´t understand RL football? That is one of the dumbest statements ever :joy: it´s a video game, if someone doesn´t like it that doesn´t mean that he has no clue how football works.
  • The Legend
    edited December 2015

Orison wrote: »
    So everyone who still finds it boring as ❤️❤️❤️❤️ doesn´t understand RL football? That is one of the dumbest statements ever :joy: it´s a video game, if someone doesn´t like it that doesn´t mean that he has no clue how football works.

If that suits U to call my opinion as dump, then fine :)
    But I just listed the truth about the patch & I am around 40 years of age, playing FIFA since 1996 & I know what I am saying.
  • Antiversum
    5890 posts Big Money Move
    Hope your illusion lasts long.
  • 0113MB
    1075 posts Professional
    I think the game was perfect shortly aftet release boring now
  • Florianr104
    4303 posts National Call-Up
    Antiversum wrote: »

• The Legend

It's not.
    I have been patient testing it before telling my opinion.
    It's the best patch given to any FIFA game in the last 3 years.
    And if some BS still happen & I am sure it will still happen, that won't deny the fact that the actual gameplay is better now despite anything happens.
  • PTY BroZz
    2662 posts Fans' Favourite
    If what you saying is true, I cant wait <3<3

PLEASE PATCH XBOX :'(
  • Mejok
    251 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm excited to test it out. I found the game became even more boring after the last patch. I have hope but as long as the game makes it easy to just sit back and do nothing with 10 players behind the ball I will probably continue to find it boring.

It's not.
    I have been patient testing it before telling my opinion.
    It's the best patch given to any FIFA game in the last 3 years.
    And if some BS still happen & I am sure it will still happen, that won't deny the fact that the actual gameplay is better now despite anything happens.
    I already played games with the patch for 5 days and it basically changed nothing :)

Btw just won div 1 by abusing ball rolls and skills in general, went 8-0-0, +25 goal difference, scored some rabona shots, so I did everything that isn´t RL football and still had success as always ;)
  • BlitzersNL
    25004 posts Player of the Year
    I still play people only running in zigzags and the ball is still glued to their feet.
  • Antiversum
    5890 posts Big Money Move
    EA never did major gameplay changes on FIFA gameplay. And they will most likely never do. It's just a drop in the bucket. What they do is nowhere near nerfing or buffing recoil of rifles, adjusting hit multiplicators on different types of armor.

• The Legend
    Pre 1.5 patch, playing possession & passing was very annoying due to a collection of some issues:
    1- Simple short Passing was inaccurate despite what was ur passing direction/power was.
    2- Ur AI players either didn't use to make good runs or just wait the ball to be intercepted from opponents, or may be they just fall stupidly into offsides.
    3- Interceptions was too OP.
    4- Tone of the game was faster.

All that was nearly fixed in the current patch, so those who wanna play tiki-taka or similar style will enjoy it deeply.
  • The Legend
    Those who are referring to zig-zag dribbling: Did I mention that in my thread? It's still in the game but it's easy defendable & honestly not the nightmare of the game. The nightmare was that playing short easy passes was impossible.

Those who didn't feel changes, it might be because U r using different styles or used to some game exploits like just shooting from outside the box, which work less now somehow.

Change & adapt, play beautiful now yes U can.
    Pre 1.5 patch, playing possession & passing was very annoying due to a collection of some issues:
    1- Simple short Passing was inaccurate despite what was ur passing direction/power was.
    2- Ur AI players either didn't use to make good runs or just wait the ball to be intercepted from opponents, or may be they just fall stupidly into offsides.

All that was nearly fixed in the current patch, so those who wanna play tiki-taka or similar style will enjoy it deeply.
    1. Short passing was already adressed last patch (1.04), there is absolutely no difference with this patch
    2. The AI managed to score goals pre-patch when I didn´t even select the player, the AI just shoot automatically, it couldn´t get more assisted and it didn´t get more assisted, runs are the same.
    3. Interceptions didn´t change at all
    4. Nope
  • Kurt
    1995 posts Fans' Favourite
    I hate Xbox if true
  • DUKESTER-x
    2839 posts National Call-Up
    EA never did major gameplay changes on FIFA gameplay. And they will most likely never do. It's just a drop in the bucket. What they do is nowhere near nerfing or buffing recoil of rifles, adjusting hit multiplicators on different types of armor.

Think it's your illusion tbh.
    There is no doubt a big change in the gameplay! And this is coming from a guy that wins div 1 every other day.
  • The Legend
    The Legend wrote: »

1. Short passing was already adressed last patch (1.04), there is absolutely no difference with this patch
    2. The AI managed to score goals pre-patch when I didn´t even select the player, the AI just shoot automatically, it couldn´t get more assisted and it didn´t get more assisted, runs are the same.
    4. Nope

Passing is surely better now than patch 1.4
    Interceptions far less.
    Tone of the game is slower.

Thats what I am having on PS4.
    I don't know about ur PC.
  • Baznotsobad76
    5063 posts Big Money Move
    I've been playing a possession type of game since the day the game came out... Not always effectively as I've not been above Div 4... I try to play how I want to though, not how I'm forced to...

I've played 5 matches since the patch.. Had an average of 60% possession and 90% pass accuracy, yet I'm really struggling.... I seem to just get hit by very long diagonal balls like from the right back to the left wing over and over again... And sliding tackles are still ridiculous...

4. Nope

Passing is surely better now than patch 1.4
    Interceptions far less.
    Tone of the game is slower.

Thats what I am having on PS4.
    I don't know about ur PC.
    I think I have 3.5 goals scored per game since the patch, I have honestly no idea where this "slower game" should be. The game is more fluent, because less fouls are given, but if you counter, you can attack as fast as pre-patch.
  • The Legend
    Again We are having different platforms, not worse debating.
    Again We are having different platforms, not worse debating.
    But the patch is the same and I won div 1 on PS4 :) You may know that we have this "little" problem with cheaters in div 1 on PC, so when I want to play divisions, I´m usually playing on PS4 on a friends account
  • LucasAMC
    1152 posts Professional
    Speeding dribbler stills very OP.
  • The Legend
    edited December 2015
    LucasAMC wrote: »
    Did they say they will touch that in patch notes?
    All what they said was true and they fixed lot of things. Speed dribbling can be easily defended and dribbling in general is the art of football. The game now is responsive for any playing style so uf u hate dribbling play passing with slow buildup
  • Luca8484
    49 posts Park Captain
    Do cpu continues to score goals controlling our players?
  • The Legend
    Luca8484 wrote: »
    Do cpu continues to score goals controlling our players?

Didn't experience that really
  • LucasAMC
    1152 posts Professional
    BlitzersNL wrote: »
    I still play people only running in zigzags and the ball is still glued to their feet.

Yes, glued not only in Messi, but in Mertens, Dybala, Ibarbo, Remy, Sturridge, Aubameyang...
  • LucasAMC
    1152 posts Professional
    LucasAMC wrote: »
    Did they say they will touch that in patch notes?
    All what they said was true and they fixed lot of things. Speed dribbling can be easily defended and dribbling in general is the art of football. The game now is responsive for any playing style so uf u hate dribbling play passing with slow buildup

Dribbling of Ronaldinho, Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar can be the art of football... But the dribbling of Remy, Dybala, Ibarbo, Aubameyang, Mertens and others doesn't. And it can not be easily defended, because if it were true, most of players will not abuse this.