OT: Under/Overrated Footballers

Lamelasaurus
840 posts An Exciting Prospect
In your opinion who are some under/overrated players, these are my opinion please don't be too offended!

Mine;

Underrated:
Begovic, Chelsea fans can't wait to have Courtois back but for me, Begovic has been incredible filling in for TBo

Fernandinho, some people see him as a weak link for City however I think he's incredible, so efficient and has great ability as well

Janmaat, probably the only Newcastle player I enjoy watching. Great crosser of the ball, think he's a good player and deserves more credit

Joe Hart, many already know he's top drawer, but I think he's in the top 3 in the PL, probably lacks leadership but makes incredible saves, often in big CL games

Albrighton, an odd one but I feel he's been going under the radar this season, with Mahrez and Vardy getting most of the attention I think Albrighton has been excellent, such a hard worker and so selfless

Overrated:
Ramsey, I know this sound biased but for me Arsenal are weaker when he starts, he slows down the play and can be selfish, Arsenal are so enjoyable to watch with the likes of Cazorla, Ozil and Alexis and I don't think Ramsey can offer what they all can

Yaya Toure, One of the best midfielders in the PL in recent years, however people still believe he is the best "All round" midfielder in the league. Personally I feel Toure let's City down sometimes with his defensive duties. He's a lot slower than 2-3 years back when he used to power through defences

Oscar, for me he's the weak link in Chelsea's team, probably the only natural "CAM" they have, he's not as electric as Willian and Hazard and although he scores some mint goals he can let Chelsea down at times, i.e against Spurs at the weekend when he was almost invisible.

Let me know what you all think

Comments

• Jfo88
    22708 posts Club Captain
    Under ROONEY
    Over coutinho
  • Orange Prince
    5881 posts Big Money Move
    Underrated: Callejon
  • KingLionel10
    15081 posts World Class
    Janmaat has been absolute pony this season. I have the misfortune of watching him week in week out
  • ORANGEeffect05
    21766 posts Club Captain
    Thought Oscar was pretty decent against Spurs, had a couple brilliant moves.
  • Nakamura
    4961 posts Big Money Move
    Jfo88 wrote: »
    Under ROONEY
    Over coutinho

Surely you're joking.
  • Zz Spireiite x
    2210 posts Fans' Favourite
    Overrated: ibra, Rooney, Barkley, bolasie

Underrated: shawcross, deulofeu, long
  • Uberman
    15740 posts World Class
    Andy Carroll Is Criminally Underrated
  • KingLionel10
    15081 posts World Class
    Not saying he's underrated but I absolutely love Ayoze Perez for us, doesn't score many goals but I think he's mint.
  • Reus
    22758 posts Club Captain
    aritz aduriz is probably the most underrated footballer on the planet
  • WFCBagnall
    72010 posts Moderator
    Overrated: ibra, Rooney, Barkley, bolasie

Underrated: shawcross, deulofeu, long

Wb Seb pal?
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something
    Coutinho is arguably the most overrated player in the world. He's perceived as this young, dynamic, goalscoring midfielder, but in reality he has never scored more than 5 goals in any season. He is also perceived as having an amazing shot from outside the box, but he takes a ridiculous number of attempts and has one of the lowest conversion rates in Europe. Overrated both in real life and in FIFA.

For underrated, I'll go with Fabian Johnson. He was arguably the best RB in the 2014 WC, and is very solid playing anywhere from RB, LB, LM, RM, or even CM. Unfortunately, positional versatility is hard to rate in FIFA. 76 OVR with 42 Finishing in FUT16 are both pretty low.
  • AlexSolm
    8227 posts League Winner
    Underrated: Griezmann, Felipe Anderson, Murillo
  • bigpokey24
    4861 posts Big Money Move
    Underrated Mikel Obi , this players gets so much stick and when called upon, he delivers, just like the Champs league final in 2012.

Overrated Matic... I am yet to see what he offers, cannot use his right leg, gets pulled out of position...has no clue what it means to be a DM , he lacks positional awareness... So far we all can see where Chelsea are on the league standing
  • Antparry92
    18115 posts World Class
    bigpokey24 wrote: »
    Underrated Mikel Obi , this players gets so much stick and when called upon, he delivers, just like the Champs league final in 2012.

Overrated Matic... I am yet to see what he offers, cannot use his right leg, gets pulled out of position...has no clue what it means to be a DM , he lacks positional awareness... So far we all can see where Chelsea are on the league standing
    Talk about fickle or what?!
  • WFCBagnall
    72010 posts Moderator

Under rated

Romaine Sawyers, Absolutely sublime player

Puts John Obi Mikel on his arse too, does this on a weekly basis

• ORANGEeffect05
    21766 posts Club Captain
    Antparry92 wrote: »

Seriously :lol: as if Matic was worthless while Chelsea trotted to the title last season...
  • Ryno
    6428 posts Big Money Move
    Overrated: Rooney, Hazard

Underrated: Ighalo, Eder

All players based on current form
  • Antparry92
    18115 posts World Class

Seriously :lol: as if Matic was worthless while Chelsea trotted to the title last season...
    I know right...They were all made up to have him back even if they paid like £20 million more than they sold him for. In fairness it proved to be a great buy
  • ORANGEeffect05
    21766 posts Club Captain

I know right...They were all made up to have him back even if they paid like £20 million more than they sold him for. In fairness it proved to be a great buy

I guess they should just sell him, perhaps to Wolfsburg or Everton :wink:
  • La flama blanca
    412 posts Sunday League Hero
    Underrated = clayton Donaldson
  • hoban95
    49758 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Chelsea have arguably been at their best when Oscar plays. He's just inconsistent. He has the ability to produce magic out of nowhere though.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    21766 posts Club Captain
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Chelsea have arguably been at their best when Oscar plays. He's just inconsistent. He has the ability to produce magic out of nowhere though.

Yea, and he buys into the team putting in a shift as well.
  • LukeDavo15
    322 posts Sunday League Hero
    Lucas Leiva of Liverpool, he's a great tackler and helps Liverpool immensely when he plays. He also consistently has some of the best tackling stats around yet only Liverpool fans seem to notice and appreciate how good he is a a DM
  • Lamelasaurus
    840 posts An Exciting Prospect
    LukeDavo15 wrote: »
    Lucas Leiva of Liverpool, he's a great tackler and helps Liverpool immensely when he plays. He also consistently has some of the best tackling stats around yet only Liverpool fans seem to notice and appreciate how good he is a a DM

I think that because tackling is arguably the only thing he has in his locker, other fans don't recognise him
  • Neymessi
    13058 posts Has That Special Something
    Hazard is overrated

@hoban95

:trollface:
  • LFC Simon 98
    18189 posts World Class
    Underrated

Biased ones
    Sakho, he's one of the best defenders we have had recently, people think he is woeful because he ain't a great dribbler and has a horrid touch but plays some lovely passes.

Lucas, the amount of work he gets through is rediculous but because he ain't scored since like 2012 no one cares :D

Can, this guy (when given the role he wants to play) can be an incredible box to box CM, such strength and pace and the class such as his assist last night shows it all

Non Liverpool

I rate Ighalo highly, highly efficient player considering no one cares about him/gives him headlines

Overrated

Not gonna slash Chelski but Oscar ain't anything brilliant IMO, exact same as Coutinho scores the odd worldie and everyone thinks he's unreal. Not mad pleased by Costa either, was good to start with last year but not very effective in 2015

Like I said Coutinho to an extent, but just that he can't score worldies ever day. He is still an unreal dribbler and can unlock defences perfectly on his day. 4 goals in his last 3 ain't bad

• hoban95
    I don't think you can slate Costa for the second half of last season at all imo.
  • LFC Simon 98
    18189 posts World Class
    @hoban95 I ain't slating him, just think he's slightly overrated, I mean he's got quality in the box and is fantastic at being a wind up which I love watching. But 11 goals in the calendar year so far hardly screams world class.
  • hoban95
    Well tbf you can slate him for this season but you can't underrate him based of us last season. He just kept getting injured. Wasn't like he wasn't firing for us.
  • bigpokey24
    4861 posts Big Money Move
    Matic is the easiest player to get by this season, still waiting for him to replicate his one season flukes. Who gets subbed off while being subbed in? hmmmm .. Chelsea is currently 3 points in the dropped zone with the likes of Matic.. smh