Slow gameplay /input lag. Sticky this!

Dronegan
1049 posts Professional
edited December 2015
Why is this game so slow at times?
I mean you press a button and the player takes 1-2 extra touches before he does something.
You switch to a player and it takes a second for the game to register it?

This dosnt happen when just playing against some opponents. It will for say happen all games for a few hours then suddenly the next day the game works great and is responsive..

Lately this is a constant problem for me. I have no input lag in any other games on ps4.
Im on a 100/10 mbit fiber connection, have my ports forwarded. NAT type 2 and have put my ps4 port on priority.

My friends also playing from Sweden have the same issues at same times as me.

I really dont understand how the game at times is so unresponsive when its p2p ?
Even if i play people from Sweden i get unresponsive games...

I know some streamers like Inception has the same problem and has actually changed his streaming schedule to night time since the game plays better.
But for me it really dosnt mather, at bad days (which are many) game will just feel superslow and other days it will work great.

Any help? Or do i just have to live with it?

So seems like alot of people are experiencing input lag. From time to time.
We need some answer´s EA.
This issue has been around since fifa 15 (for me). But since last patch its more frequent.
Would be good if we could enjoy the game when we wanted and not when it decides that this day it will work fine and the next day there will be input lag.

Post edited by Dronegan on

Comments

• Dronegan
    1049 posts Professional
    x
  • Ian McCollan FC
    516 posts Sunday League Hero
    THIS
  • BeardedBerk
    1604 posts Play-Off Hero
    Same here on xb1, think out of the 200 games I've managed so far on ut about 9 have been smooth and input lag free
  • Dronegan
    1049 posts Professional
    Same here on xb1, think out of the 200 games I've managed so far on ut about 9 have been smooth and input lag free

Ive had smooth games all day yesterday, and maybe an hour now. Just quit playing coz it became sluggish and unresponsive again.
  • Khangaskhan17
    3899 posts National Call-Up
    This. The inconsistent gameplay issue is my biggest problem with the game. Nothing we can do about it I'm afraid.
  • BeardedBerk
    1604 posts Play-Off Hero
    Highly frustrating for me as skill moves and dribbling is impossible to do and trying to save a penalty is great fun to watch the keeper dive a good second after the ball is in the net
  • HekTic_JukeZ
    2349 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's been atrocious for me since the patch. My player feels like they run through mud.
  • NornIron
    11338 posts Has That Special Something
    Yeah mine has been like it for 3 years with 2 different ISP's both super fibre optic.
    Wired connection great with every other game i play :)
  • racecar101
    1301 posts Professional
    "bad gameplay" is what millions are talking about when they mention the M word or H word.

It's not hitting the post 50 times and losing, NO it's when ones team and gameplay feels sluggish and unresponsive.
  • sinasipahioglu7
    1831 posts Play-Off Hero
    It's been atrocious for me since the patch. My player feels like they run through mud.

RT
  • Pogba
    3489 posts National Call-Up

Same for me literally can't do any skills moves
  • Rufio
    131 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Same, seemingly worse since the patch. Ad the lag and unresponsiveness to the randomness and **** in game and it can be unplayable. Happily taking a slide down divisions just because id rather quit than endure 'trying' to play and fight the game
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14389 posts Has That Special Something
    It's the total opposite for me before patch game speed was fine after patch game speed has been 100 mph. No matter how much I try an slow the game down I can't. It's frantic stuff every game. It's helped me to get relegated. :)
  • ApolloX
    217 posts Sunday League Hero
    Played 4 games in the cup tonight. 2 were absolutely perfect, a joy to play. The other 2 reminded me just how different this game plays when there's even remote button lag.
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain

@HekTic_JukeZ

This too. I had a good run right when the patch came out and now my whole UT is having issues with lag and finding opponents
  • Dronegan
    1049 posts Professional
    edited December 2015
    COACH wrote: »

@HekTic_JukeZ

This too. I had a good run right when the patch came out and now my whole UT is having issues with lag and finding opponents

Oh yeah, even finding a game in seasons, prime time europe can take up to 5 minutes or more
    Post edited by Dronegan on
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    Dronegan wrote: »

@HekTic_JukeZ

Oh yeah, even finding a game in season prime team europe can take up to 5 minutes or more

What the hell did they do?

I was doing okay and now I've lost all hope
  • Fumbler
    2509 posts Fans' Favourite
    Game is terrible.
    I know it's terrible.
    For the 1st time I actually feel like playing FIFA is a waste of my time.
    But I still play.
    WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!

Welcome to the addiction club.
  • Ian McCollan FC
    516 posts Sunday League Hero
    I know its my isp. game is butter smooth after 2am and before 8am on weekdays. weekends its even worse. poor first touch, slow to turn, poor ball control, take a bit longer to perform an action you did by pressing any button, slower acceleration and sprint speed, weak passes. But over thanks giving, starting from thursday till sunday, all my 60 odd games played were absoultely perefect, just when most of my neibours went somewhere else for thanksgiving
  • racecar101
    1301 posts Professional
    edited December 2015
    But as proven other games netcodes seem to manage fine and there's no lag.
    So many problems would be solved by a simple own country only matchmaking filter or let us specify a ping number not to match make above.

Region is too wide a filter for this games netcode northern to southern europe is always unplayable lag as is west europe to east and so on, I cant see why not add west central east coast filters for usa and own country only filters for everyone else and leave in approximate for those that wish to use it.

Inception has proven that the 3 bar system is at best highly unreliable he had an 800ms ping to an opponent and it reported the game as being 3 green bars.

12 months is never going to be enough to refine a netcode to a level where it gives smooth gameplay over say 50ms ping so the only solution is same country matchmaking filters.

I have been moaning about why don't ea just allow us to search for opponents from our own country for years and it's like banging your head against a brick wall.
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    I know its my isp. game is butter smooth after 2am and before 8am on weekdays. weekends its even worse. poor first touch, slow to turn, poor ball control, take a bit longer to perform an action you did by pressing any button, slower acceleration and sprint speed, weak passes. But over thanks giving, starting from thursday till sunday, all my 60 odd games played were absoultely perefect, just when most of my neibours went somewhere else for thanksgiving

This
  • racecar101
    1301 posts Professional

This

No 1 it's not just that, look the matching filters are too wide 3 green bars should be 50ms or lower ping only until that changes you will get laggy games even when your isps running silky smooth because it's matching you against high pinged opponents wrongly.
  • BeardedBerk
    1604 posts Play-Off Hero
    Offline is slow and sluggish for me, Internet connection is more than enough so I know it's not that anyway (60mb down 3mb up virgin)
  • CraigFWba
    1707 posts Play-Off Hero

Definitely noticed this.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner

Welcome to my FIFA experience since 2012!!
  • Cuz
    382 posts Sunday League Hero
    This, this and more this.

All the general complaints about one factor of the gameplay or another boil down to it. Personally feel that this is the best FIFA to date but sluggish response at peak times ruins so much.

Should be stickied.
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    It's been bad after patch, before was fine
  • huntskij
    528 posts Sunday League Hero
    @Rob, can you sticky this?
    Happening to more and more every year, keep the yearly gimmicks you throw at us time and time again ea, and address this!

For my ten pence worth, I think it has to do with either S or M (or maybe S&M lol), and not connection as this happens frequently offline too.
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    It's almost like with every patch it flip flops the players who had it good and the players who didnt.
  • Cuz
    382 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bumping this for the people moaning about post patch gameplay. It's not changes to passing/dribbling/game speed etc etc etc that's ruining your experience, it's this.
    Yesterday was absolutely awful for me, had all the things that are generally complained about. Frantic speed and clumsiness one match, zombie 11 the next, much 'bad luck' against average opposition all round. Whole lot is down sheisty control response and the resultant AI confusion.