Aston Villa F.C.

Comments

• Farlz
    8414 posts League Winner
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    3259 posts National Call-Up
    Hopefully it's Clark and Vlaar, Baker makes me cringe.

Okore is a big loss imo. Our chances have taken a dent.
  • Farlz
    8414 posts League Winner
    edited May 2015
    33 years ago today...

aston-villa-1982.jpg?itok=Zd-UAwpp.png
    0,,10265~9891204,00.jpg
    Post edited by Farlz on
  • Andy
    7856 posts League Winner
    What's likely to be your XI for the final?
  • Farlz
    8414 posts League Winner
    Andy wrote: »
    Benteke
    Grealish - N'Zogbia
    Delph - Westwood - Clevz
    ? - Baker - Vlaar - Bacuna
    Guzan

I'm expecting it to be something like this, maybe drop N'Zogbia and play 2 up top with Gabby up front as well. Given in place of Guzan if he is fit, no idea on the left back as I'm not sure whether Richardson is still injured
  • xXBarkleyXx
    818 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Farlz wrote: »
    Andy wrote: »
    Benteke
    Grealish - N'Zogbia
    Delph - Westwood - Clevz
    ? - Baker - Vlaar - Bacuna
    Guzan

I'm expecting it to be something like this, maybe drop N'Zogbia and play 2 up top with Gabby up front as well. Given in place of Guzan if he is fit, no idea on the left back as I'm not sure whether Richardson is still injured

Lowton?
  • Farlz
    8414 posts League Winner
    Sherwood said he likes left footed players playing left back so I doubt Lowton will be put there again even though tbf to him he done a good job in the past. He put N'Zogbia in that position against Burnley, hopefully that'll never happen again
  • xXBarkleyXx
    Sherwood said he likes left footed players playing left back so I doubt Lowton will be put there again even though tbf to him he done a good job in the past. He put N'Zogbia in that position against Burnley, hopefully that'll never happen again

Only possible player unless he shifts baker to left back? Can Bennett play he was out on loan wasn't he or did you guys sell him?
  • Farlz
    8414 posts League Winner

:smile:

In other news, QPR are apparently set to sign Luongo and Gladwin now
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    I don't care if QPR sign Gladwin, but I do want Tim to sign Luongo.
  • Farlz
    8414 posts League Winner
    QPR FC @QPRFC · 17m 17 minutes ago
    BREAKING NEWS: @QPRFC have completed the signing of midfielder @MassLuongo

That's the end of that

Also..
    BBC WM Sport 95.6 ‏@sportbbcwm 44m44 minutes ago
    #avfc Shay Given and Kieran Richardson both trained today.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    QPR FC @QPRFC · 17m 17 minutes ago
    BREAKING NEWS: @QPRFC have completed the signing of midfielder @MassLuongo

That's the end of that

Also..
    BBC WM Sport 95.6 ‏@sportbbcwm 44m44 minutes ago
    #avfc Shay Given and Kieran Richardson both trained today.

That's such a shame... :(

QPR have themselves a great all around midfielder.

• Farlz
    8414 posts League Winner
    b26a5e0c5aa8650c0bf6c06a837881ec.png
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/11636921/Christian-Benteke-has-32.5-million-buy-out-clause-as-Aston-Villa-fear-Liverpool-will-trigger-release.html

"Tim Sherwood has revealed Christian Benteke has a buy-out clause and fears it could be “impossible” for Aston Villa to keep the forward this summer.

Benteke is emerging as Liverpool’s leading transfer target and Telegraph Sport can reveal it will take a figure of £32.5 million to sign the Belgium international.

Villa inserted the clause into the new £50,000-a-week contract Benteke signed two years ago and Liverpool are expected to trigger the release for the 24-year-old after Saturday’s FA Cup Final.

Sherwood has reiterated that Benteke, a £7m signing from Genk in 2012, would be taking a huge risk with his career by leaving the club before next summer’s European Championships."
  • Farlz
    8414 posts League Winner
    Awful news tbh, we're **** if he leaves
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    I'll be distraught if Benteke leaves, especially if we win the cup on Sunday.

Would be the darkest day of the club's history.
  • xXBarkleyXx
    Why would you be distraught ?

Good player but if you can cop £30m or more it's a steal you could easily get another top striker for cheaper.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    Why would you be distraught ?

Good player but if you can cop £30m or more it's a steal you could easily get another top striker for cheaper.

Two reasons;

We won't get a striker as good as Benteke with 30 mil, because Sherwood will use that money to invest in the whole squad, not just a new striker replacement.

And also, he's been the reason why I'm still excited to watch my Villa play, even when things are really bad it makes me feel a bit better knowing that he is playing.
  • Robes
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero
    Heroes come and heroes go. £30 Million strikers are for top 4 teams and we are not one of those, it's a shame but I think he'll be on his way. Don't think he should go to Liverpool though, they're not a top 4 team and they're not going to be any time soon. Wouldn't be against Arsenal to be honest, even though it's not been talked about much.
  • Tamerlane
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    He isn't good enough for any of the current Top 4.
  • Robes
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero
    At this time he is better than Falcao, Van Persie, Welbeck, Giroud, Dzeko, Drogba, Bony, Jovetic and Remy. So that's all of the top 4 that he'd improve the squads of.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    30 Million would be great for a striker who is quite inconsistent.
  • Robes
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited May 2015
    Ash wrote: »
    30 Million would be great for a striker who is quite inconsistent.

When has he ever been inconsistent? Whenever the rest of the team were playing well Benteke was scoring tons. One man does not make a team unfortunately.

This also doesn't take into account the bad injury he was recovering from this season.
  • Jenko
    13845 posts Has That Special Something
    Robes wrote: »
    At this time he is better than Falcao, Van Persie, Welbeck, Giroud, Dzeko, Drogba, Bony, Jovetic and Remy. So that's all of the top 4 that he'd improve the squads of.

That doesn't mean he's good enough, and a few of those are highly debatable.
  • Robes
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero
    Jenko wrote: »

It clearly does. I'd love to know which of these you think are highly debatable and why? Giroud? Maybe, anyone else? He's playing better than any of them, ergo he is good enough to play for them. Lets put it this way, he's too good to waste his career at a "nearly" club.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    :D
  • Jenko
    13845 posts Has That Special Something
    Jenko wrote: »

It clearly does. I'd love to know which of these you think are highly debatable and why? Giroud? Maybe, anyone else? He's playing better than any of them, ergo he is good enough to play for them. Lets put it this way, he's too good to waste his career at a "nearly" club.

Bony and Remy are questionable, especially the former. Benteke is not good enough to start for a title-winning side and as that is what all of those four should be aiming to do, he is not good enough. You're right in saying £30m strikers are for top 4 teams, but he's not a £30m striker (he shouldn't be anyway). The only way you can possibly say he is good enough is as a substitute and you'd be mad to pay £30m for somebody you intend to be substitute. Who is a "nearly" club?
  • xXBarkleyXx
    You could easily get rid of benteke for £30mill and bring in Austin who had a good season in the Prem for say £15mill max or even try and get ings probably unlikely now as he will go to Tottenham.